Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
What happens if you drop your phone or leave it somewhere, anyone who was near it will have to isolate who may not have been near you and visa versa.

Also while my kids haven’t gone back, I understand from other parents if any of the kids in the bubble have symptoms everyone has to isolate including the parents. So parents will have to take time off work until it’s been confirmed.

New Zealand have coped well with this and have lifted all restrictions, I wish that could happen here. Stay locked down and then lift everything. I don’t want to live my life in fear and having to avoid people.
I don’t think it’s related to the app yet, it’s just word of mouth. So I’m guessing they were asked “who do you share an office with” and gave names of their colleagues etc.

I live in a small town ( wells in Somerset ) and we have had 1 death to my knowledge . As for Weston hospital apparently the outbreak started in staff accommodation and previously they were putting suspected cases in the ward with other patients whilst waiting for positive test thereby infection everyone. They’ve been trying to close Weston for ages it’s a shambles
I'm from clutton not far from wells!

bubbletea123

VIP Member
What does everyone think to the no deaths by end of June? I don’t know if I believe no deaths, but I reckon it’ll be very low.
Well, Italy still has daily deaths (low) and lower new cases than the UK so it is very unlikely. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Why is the UK not showing the recovery amount? They also aren't showing "Active" cases. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

I think Canada (where I am) is starting to come down a bit. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/canada/

Last edited:

bubbletea123

VIP Member
They're supposed to be strict here. At least I think so. I was shocked to be honest. I went to a different store to usual so I'm hoping it was just there and it's not like that at my usual store but it was absolutely shocking. Nobody gave a shit! Tried to keep my kids close and put my youngest in the shopping trolley even though he hates it and screamed half the time, then people just kept getting really close anyway. Few times we'd be stood looking at something and someone would reach right over me and my kids. Is it that hard just to wait 2 minutes? :rolleyes:
I would have told them to move! Hahah.

Jc456

VIP Member
There will have to be some changes made over the summer break to accommodate children in the new term. Even if teaching is only a couple of days a week basis to accommodate all. The government need to get creative and offer some practical solutions. September isn’t that far away and then it’s Christmas. Maybe they need to work through October half term to accommodate more children. Things won’t be normal in September and before we know it our children won’t have been in school for nearly a year.
Yea that'll be the only way it could work in our school. There's not even much room to put porta cabins in for extra space

SarahGard83

VIP Member
He was discussing children going back to school. He was trying to reassure parents and reiterating that children are very low risk in catching/having symptoms. Although there have been cases, the numbers were small. Although he did understand and sympathise with parents making the decision.
Thank you.

Northeast1988

VIP Member
Ah this is the information I’ve been looking for! Where did you hear that? I’ve been panicking for days about potentially having to isolate every time another patient or co-worker has symptoms - seriously stressing me out!
It was a trust email it had said because you’re either maintaining social distancing or you having full ppe on , you wouldn’t need to isolate unless you develop symptoms
A lot of government guidelines don’t apply to the patients or staff I.e self isolate for two weeks prior to procedures - our trust have said it doesn’t apply to suspected cancer patients who have to be seen within two weeks as they would breach every single time

Chablis1

VIP Member
I’ve
A couple of weeks ago I was full of hope that September would be the new normal, but, unfortunately, where I work we’re starting to see the effects of VE Day celebrations so my hope has dwindled. Fingers crossed though as I have a UK holiday booked.

Where do you find this?
It was in the local paper, online. Must admit I was shocked when I read it.

monga

VIP Member
I know between our two hospitals in my area we have no patients on ventilators for covid and there is 3 covid patients in our hospital
There's a lot of hospital's both NHS and private ,Kate Garraway's husband is still being ventilated even though he has little chance of recovery .He's in a private hospital ,we don't know how many cases they are dealing with nationwide as only NHS figures were being counted until last week.Then they said they were another 62,000 excess deaths from March till May 48,000 of those not in an NHS setting 🤷‍♀️

Tots

VIP Member
Sorry if I wasnt clear - I was saying my county has had under 500 overall (out of a 400,000 population) as we were discussing locking down individual counties rather than the whole SW.

Not sure on SW figures as a whole.

Ah sorry I misread it! x