Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What does everyone think to the no deaths by end of June? I don’t know if I believe no deaths, but I reckon it’ll be very low.
Well, Italy still has daily deaths (low) and lower new cases than the UK so it is very unlikely. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Why is the UK not showing the recovery amount? They also aren't showing "Active" cases. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

I think Canada (where I am) is starting to come down a bit. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/canada/

Last edited:
My hairdresser is a close relative of mine. Does this mean I can see her when Scotland allows me see hairdressers etc in Phase 3 or whenI can see family in Phase 4?? 😂

Reactions: 2
Compulsory face masks on public transport is a very good move in my opinion if they want people to be comfortable going back to work

Reactions: 16
Can't get a bike anywhere. My daughter wants one for her birthday but out of stock everywhere unless I want to pay over £300

• Sad
Reactions: 3
As a hairdresser, I’m not sure other hairdressers can be giving a definite date....we only know as much as everyone else!

I go to people’s houses, I don’t see how it’s going to be possible for me to get back to work, safely, if I worked in a salon I would be in control of infection control and cleaning, but as it is I will be going into multiple peoples houses, not knowing how clean it is.

Also with PPE, would I be expected to provide ppe, there’s already a shortage of PPE, and with every barber and hairdressers needing it, as well as dentists, people using public transport it’s going to be impossible 😩

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know the deal with public transport? Like am I allowed to get on a train when the shops reopen? Or a bus? For a day out or something other than a supermarket. I don’t have a car and people with cars are allowed to drive places. I feel so depressed about this like I’m trapped

Reactions: 3
Off topic slightly but had a cheeky McDonalds today. There was a huge line but thats why I went to a retail park one as at least I wasn't contributing to the traffic on the roads! I was in and out within 15 mins, was very impressed and the food was all so fresh bc of how many people they were serving. And that first bite of my burger.... honestly droooooool.
Bless the workers, they were quite chipper. Having worked there in my teens, I know its absolutely boiling in those kitchens and the pressure is immense getting food out.

Reactions: 13
My mum works as a cleaner at a hospital and had her test back to say they have detected antibodies which looks like at some point she has had it. She is not in a good place today shes struggling with the concept that she could have unwittingly given it to someone as has worked throughout (never had any symptoms). Has anyone else had the antibody test yet x
I've had one done too and it detected antibodies too. I was very poorly end of January/begin of February .. after coming back from Switzerland (to the UK). My doctor then said since the whole situation only just started, she doesn't think it's Coronavirus as I had not travelled from China but now says sorry, I must have had it back then.

Reactions: 8
Does anyone know the deal with public transport? Like am I allowed to get on a train when the shops reopen? Or a bus? For a day out or something other than a supermarket. I don’t have a car and people with cars are allowed to drive places. I feel so depressed about this like I’m trapped
You can but face masks are compulsory :)

Reactions: 2
Oh cool thank you! Where do you guys get your masks from? I don’t own one
I know ASOS are selling reusable/washable masks - I got mine from there and they're doing next day delivery again as well. They sell them in packs of 2 usually and they worked out the same price as all the ones on Etsy.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.