Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My boyfriend and his mates are planning a lads holiday for August😡 just feels way too soon to be even thinking of going on a clubbing holiday!!!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
So how many of you are back at work?
Not yet 😒

My partners due back any day, hes been due back any day since mid April - Motor vehicle technician.
My work wont be open until at least mid July - leisure and well bringing

Reactions: 1
Worked throughout but from home. No immediate plans to return to office or do face to face visits (social worker)
Same as my mum. Shes a senior practitioner. I think you guys are doing an amazing job and dont get the credit you deserve 😍

Reactions: 3
Where to?
Greece. They want to get a villa in Crete (that would be fine as it would just be them), then hire cars and drive to Melia. I’ve told him I’m not too happy about it and think it’s way too soon to be in sweaty clubs and bars😫

• Sad
Greece. They want to get a villa in Crete (that would be fine as it would just be them), then hire cars and drive to Melia. I’ve told him I’m not too happy about it and think it’s way too soon to be in sweaty clubs and bars😫
Its crazy how quick people are just going back to their normal lives. I dont think I'll be doing things I normally do til at least next year.

My boyfriend and his mates are planning a lads holiday for August😡 just feels way too soon to be even thinking of going on a clubbing holiday!!!
Where? Surely wouldn’t go ahead anyway....

Don’t judge but I’d go away in a heartbeat if allowed to. Need some fun in my life all I’ve done is work and drink in the flat for 12 weeks. I think about my next rave on a daily basis :ROFLMAO: (Whenever that may be).

• Heart
Seems far too soon to be booking a holiday. .I'd use the reasoning that for all we know we could end up back in another lockdown by august that restricts travel entirely...
far too risky!

Its crazy how quick people are just going back to their normal lives. I dont think I'll be doing things I normally do til at least next year.
We’re due to go away to Malta in December and I’m ok about that as it’ll be a quiet holiday and still months away (6 months ago we didn’t even know what covid was so who knows what another 6 will bring). I definitely think it’ll be a while until I’m comfortable to go to a night club though. They’re definitely rushing it, I’ve tried suggesting planning it all but for next summer. I won’t be seeing him for a good few weeksonce he comes home if it goes ahead!!

Where? Surely wouldn’t go ahead anyway....

Don’t judge but I’d go away in a heartbeat if allowed to. Need some fun in my life all I’ve done is work and drink in the flat for 12 weeks. I think about my next rave on a daily basis :ROFLMAO: (Whenever that may be).
Greece - Crete and then drive to Malia!

Oh I would love a night out but I definitely don’t think I’d feel comfortable doing it for a while yet!! I think August is optimistic and it won’t go ahead. Also a massive waste of money if they get out there and have to distance/wear masks everywhere etc.

We’re due to go away to Malta in December and I’m ok about that as it’ll be a quiet holiday and still months away (6 months ago we didn’t even know what covid was so who knows what another 6 will bring). I definitely think it’ll be a while until I’m comfortable to go to a night club though. They’re definitely rushing it, I’ve tried suggesting planning it all but for next summer. I won’t be seeing him for a good few weeksonce he comes home if it goes ahead!!
Yes I deffo wouldn't go in a nightclub or anywhere where you cant social distance. Its just not worth it IMO.

Greece - Crete and then drive to Malia!

Oh I would love a night out but I definitely don’t think I’d feel comfortable doing it for a while yet!! I think August is optimistic and it won’t go ahead. Also a massive waste of money if they get out there and have to distance/wear masks everywhere etc.
Haha If they turned around now and said it was legal I’d be out tonight :LOL: . I wouldn’t bother with a holiday at the moment though as like you said probably would be a bit of a waste of time and money if there’s still loads of restrictions!

So how many of you are back at work?
Have worked throughout in my office, my other half has been working from home. We are both key workers but have managed to juggle childcare so far as I really don’t want my kids attending the childcare hubs unless completely necessary.

Hubby and I have worked throughout. I am working 50% of my hours - 6-10 in the office then pick up the childcare so hubby can work in our bedroom. Currently using my dressing table as his desk. Working fine but both finding it hard to do all we need to, luckily both employers are great and not applying pressure.

Reception daughter currently not going back to school - wasn’t sending her but still fretting about her falling behind. Trying to homeschool but doing basic reading, writing and maths. Feel like I am failing her with it and getting more angry by the day that her first year at school is how it is.

Almost 2 year old son isn’t going back to nursery - term time only so by the time it opens again he’ll be finishing. He’s really come on and benefitting from being at home. It’s been nice seeing him change so much but bittersweet family are missing out on him.

We use nursery three days a week, daughter collected from school by my Mum Monday to Thursday and has son on Thursday too. If schools go part time then it’d be doable to cover between us but there’s only so long work will be so accommodating I think. Being able to use Grandparents to help would be a massive help - Mum is 65 and Dad 70.

I feel like I’m doing everything half baked - only doing my job 50%, a shocking teacher and then because I’m with the kids so much, worried etc I’m not as patient with them - so feel like a rubbish Mum too.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.