Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Daire

I read this earlier and just...... WOW!

The scariest part:
5/ Patients above 65 or younger with comorbidities are not even assessed by ITU, I am not saying not tubed, I’m saying not assessed and no ITU staff attends when they arrest. Staff are working as much as they can but they are starting to get sick and are emotionally overwhelmed.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14

muncher

This may be a different point of view but I want to be infected with coronavirus as soon possible. I’m young and healthy. I have a strong immune system and don’t want to diminish my quality of life by self isolation or other restrictive measures.
Its not chicken pox!

• Heart
Reactions: 14

GeorgiaOrwell

I see your point get it over and done with ,but at the same time it's an unknown virus the doctor (whistleblower) in China was a healthy 34 yr old and he died from it ?
I’m highly suspicious that the whistle blower conveniently died from Corona

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Spinidge

VIP Member
Looks like Bohnson is leaving it up to us to decide what to do. We are in the same position as Italy was 2 weeks ago but we are still expected to carry on as normal apart from being reminded to wash our hands. We can't do anything until we get it. Once we get ill then we can stay off work and isolate. Brilliant.

I'm starting to worry now. People will start getting bored of washing their hands thoroughly and will feel pressured to go to work if they are ill. There's still a significant period of incubation before people are getting symptoms, ugh!
I think People hygiene should have been up to this kind of standard before, second nature to me washing my hands when I’ve been out etc

Daire

Am I stupid for actually crying with worry about this? I’m worried for everyone but having a husband with asthma and I have some health condtions my anxiety is wild. People keep saying it’s just like flu or it’s scaremongering dont watch the news, but the reality is this is serious and my anxiety levels have soared. I almost had a panic attack the other day my chest was so heavy with the stress and worry.

I probably sound like a dickhead and were all in the same boat so it’s not just about little old me ☹
Absolutely not! Have your cry and let it out. If thats how you deal with things then its your way.
Also I would say to talk about it and post more, because intelligent discussion helps you to be more informed

S1920

VIP Member
If you live month to month would wouldn't pass the mortgage application process. I know many live month by month because of a low income, but also many live month by month on a good income because they choose to spend it all. Why should tax payers bail out people to help them build up a personal asset and private wealth? It's not your home unless you own it outright, if you can't make the payments for many months it will get repo'ed then people can rent and claim housing benefit to help with rent. Millions can't afford to buy and j don't think it's fair on them to use public money to bail out those with mortgages. Unpopular opinion I know.

I have no mortgahe on my home we own it outright. But my husband is self employed and I am between pregancies. I moved to to the other end of the country two weeks before my first and with a v small gap in between my 2nd I don't get maternity pay. We will still be screwed with no money coming in even without a mortgage to pay!

I’ve noticed a lack of “panic” amongst the older generations. And I have to admit I see their point. I do flip flop between Keep-calm-and-carry-on and looking up the prices of hazmat suits.
At the end of the day life has to carry on and we can’t live in constant fear. I actually agree with the government in saying carry on as normal.
If we wash our hands, don’t touch our faces and avoid contact then I think a “normal” person will be fine.
However it is the assholes continuing with their daily lives whilst having symptomns that are going to be the death of us all!

frustrated

Seems to me that the Tory government is playing a balancing game between containing the virus and trying to minimise the effect on the economy. This comes at a cost - people's lives - and they have admitted that people are going to die during this outbreak. People die from seasonal flu, yes, but personally the potential scale of infections makes this much worse.

We are now 13 days behind Italy and on the same trajectory as them. I expect the whole country to go into a similar lockdown as Italy within two weeks. People are being too blase about it. Everyone knows someone who is old or with an underlying health condition and they will be at risk. It's time this country actually showed some decisive leadership but sadly the Torys don't care about the little people.

• Heart

Doc

VIP Member
This may be a different point of view but I want to be infected with coronavirus as soon possible. I’m young and healthy. I have a strong immune system and don’t want to diminish my quality of life by self isolation or other restrictive measures.
that really doesn’t make sense because there are cases of reinfection so catching it doesn’t make you immune. Also isolation is designed to stop spread, not nurse yourself better. So you’d still have to self isolate whether you had it or not...?

Laur91

VIP Member
Despite my company sending out comms advising us to work from home wherever possible, my manager has deemed that to mean ‘1 day a week’ (something we’re already permitted to do in our contracts) and just come in BAU.

someone mentioned this morning lots of other teams are WFH and that we seem to be the only ones in...and his response was ‘well that’s what it takes to be the best’ and I’m beyond pissed at that attitude. I now can’t visit my family for a few weeks because my brother has suppressed immune system due to medication & I can’t guarantee who I have/haven’t come into contact with if I’m still being asked to come into our huge offices.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12

Tigercat55

Chatty Member
My son’s school have requested children bring in homemade biscuits for a biscuit sale on Friday... seems a silly idea to me 🤷‍♀️

• Wow

Daire

Just got a breaking news alert that 4th person has died in the UK from Corona - Theres no details on the link yet

Update: Appears to be a woman in her 70s from Wolverhampton

Last edited:
  • Sad

Yel

Chatty Member
You're missing out if you don't get health advice from twitter :D

Screenshot_2020-03-09-10-56-07-387_com.twitter.android.jpg

Screenshot_2020-03-09-10-57-55-944_com.twitter.android.jpg

• Haha

Sp20191

VIP Member
I wish they would hurry up and close the schools...I hate the thought of sending my kids in to that germ pit 😩😩