Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chickentikka

So we had a meeting our trust today and we will have maximum 80 beds for corona patients. (80 less for non corona patients may I add). Roughly 1 bed per 3000 people in our catchment area. Shit is expected to hit the fan in the next 2-3 weeks. Good luck everyone lol

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15

Laur91

VIP Member
I watched an interview on C4 news the other day with a chap who said that we have come together to overcome much worse in our history as a country so we really must all step up to overcome this. Look at how we dealt with the world wars and the hardships we faced and what we could pull together to do as a country then.

The outcome of this virus lies in our hands, we can’t wait for the government to take action entirely so we must do what we can to prevent the spread ourselves and I’ve seen a few people saying they’re staying out of towns and away from big events and I think that’s commendable. I’ve cancelled an event I was attending on Wednesday because it hasn’t cost me anything to do so and just seems smart to minimise the risks wherever we can.

• Heart
That is the trouble with drs/nurses saying it’s all fine...they haven’t even seen the full extent yet, until last week we only had a few people scattered around the country with it, until your knee deep in patients you can’t say for certain x
In fairness they are trained to reassure us. Can you imagine if they were like “yes, people panic. It’s bad. We’re all going to die!”
I’d proper be shitting myself and at the moment I am already just one fart away from doing that.

• Haha

nbt

VIP Member
It's been reported that John Travolta has tested positive. He's been quoted as saying "I got chills....they're multiplying."

Sorry not sorry. Humour is my coping mechanism. I know this is very serious but that one just made me lol as it's SUCH a bad joke and I needed a smile this morning.

Keep them coming, we need the light relief and it’s good to laugh!

I went to the pharmacy yesterday and asked the lady in there, “What gets rid of the coronavirus?”

“Ammonia cleaner”, she replied.

I said, “oh sorry, I thought you were a pharmacist”.

• Haha
Our government need to get a grip and quickly, otherwise we will soon be in the same situation as Italy (possibly worse as the NHS has been so neglected)it should be people first, not money! I can't help having suspicions that they are thinking this could 'help' them out with the social care/pensions crisis and if they lose a few younger people in the process, so be it... if this is not the case why are they allowing free movement i.e flights in from badly affected areas without mandatory isolation etc. I sincerely hope I am wrong, but we are better placed than most to completely 'Lock down' as we are an island, so why aren't they doing it?? It will be interesting to see if we have more positive ACTION after the cobra meeting tomorrow morning, rather than just being told "wash your hands!"

Tublet83

VIP Member
Booked on a cruise for July just had an email that we can now move our booking up to 48 hours before travel with no fee and we are all getting onboard credit

Schnoodle123

They need to test more people! How did Nadine get tested? I have a chronic illness but have woke up and have a fever a dry cough, it realllly hurts to breathe and my whole body hurts like never before.

So used 111 online They said it can’t be Coronavirus cos havnt been abroad or know anyone who has been confirmed as having it.

Don’t get meWrong I don’t want it but I don’t want to pass it on to my 86 year old aunt or my parents who have illnesses either.

Something has to change surely

• Sad

AfroCircus

Chatty Member
It’s not just about stopping the children from getting the disease, it’s about the fact that they are perfect disease carriers and spreaders because of the way they interact with each other and because they are less effective at the wash your hands / cough into your elbow strategies.

This is why chicken pox and nits blow through entire school populations. A school can have children attending from a 10 mile radius plus, who will then carry that virus back to their homes where it will spread further.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
My mum was telling me about two people she knows were going to Rome for the rugby (I think???) - it has been cancelled but they are going to Rome anyway. That is just crazy isn't it? Won't lots of places be closed? I would be worried about not getting back.

• Wow

Spinidge

VIP Member
There is a 30 year old Dr in NYC with coronavirus in respiratory failure. One his colleagues is tweeting about it trying to get help. No underlying health conditions that they are aware of https://twitter.com/FYang_EP/with_replies
And yet people on Facebook are still joking and mocking other people who are concerned. I don't know how people can find it funny to joke about something that has caused people to die or get seriously ill.

Mabellovestea

VIP Member
Am I stupid for actually crying with worry about this? I’m worried for everyone but having a husband with asthma and I have some health condtions my anxiety is wild. People keep saying it’s just like flu or it’s scaremongering dont watch the news, but the reality is this is serious and my anxiety levels have soared. I almost had a panic attack the other day my chest was so heavy with the stress and worry.

I probably sound like a dickhead and we’re all in the same boat so it’s not just about little old me ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Your comments are ridiculous.
My partner is self employed and earns a decent wage which has meant I’ve not had to go back to work after having our son. We usually having savings however this has had to go to paying my partners tax bills. We rent and are not entitled to housing benefits. If we are made to self isolate we would seriously struggling to pay bills.
Maybe you should stop and think of peoples circumstances before making comments like that. Circumstance can change at anytime and sadly a lot people live month to month thanks to living cost.
I can’t believe what I’ve been reading here this morning.
My husband and I own our own restaurant so the impact of businesses closing means our lively hood stops! It could potentially bankrupt us! I know exactly how you are feeling as I haven’t went back to work yet either and SMP isn’t great! It definitely wouldn’t cover our bills! We rent also and are in the same situation as you with housing benefit

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
No lie , I just had to sign for a delivery and you’d swear he was handing me over my own personal supply of anthrax....

I don’t like people on the regular but even I don’t want to ask a young lad if he’s washed his hands after his last piss stop.

it’s worrying I dumped the outer packaging, washed my hands and thought.... better tell tattle 😐

• Haha

Spinidge

VIP Member
I'm trying so hard not to totally believe these conspiracy theories but... It's strange that the first MP to get the virus, is a health minister. Will she emerge after 7 days saying she's absolutely fine and we should all go about our lives as normal??

GiggleBee

VIP Member
The UK is such a weak country. America have stopped audience in tv shows, Italy has gone into lockdown and as normal we are going by 'keep calm and carry on' 😂

• Haha