Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else think that in 3 weeks time they’ll loosen the so called lockdown? I think the will if they’re already opening some things again.

I really don’t want lockdown to lift yet. It’ll send my anxiety crazy knowing my husband and daughter will have to go back to work, which brings a huge risk to me and my husband being asthmatic, I don’t think the country is ready yet, I think lockdown needs to be far stricter than it has been. This last week my street has been so busy with cars and so many people out all the time. My daughter and son went for an hours walk yesterday and I’ve worried since should I have let them go even though they didn’t go near anyone, shoes off at the door and hands scrubbed once home, They hadn’t been for a walk in a while. We aren’t going out at all other than my husband walking the dog very locally for a short walk.

If Italy and China had a lockdown for much longer I hope the government will see sense and follow this. The virus is by no means safe for us to return to work and mix with the public.
I think as they have extended the furlough pay thing it will probably go on longer. I feel the same, as much as I can't wait for normal life to resume I'm also getting really nervous about it. I'd rather hold out that wee bit longer if it will make it safer

Reactions: 9
I've been shielding since second week in March on advice of my oncologist. 12 weeks would take me to the 4th June
I saw a post on a local site where people were discussing these letters and several had only received them this week. It said on the letter 12 weeks from the date they received it which takes them in to July. Do you know if there is a reason why it differs for people?
Im assuming area or condition but it seems odd some people have only just got the letters and others have had them a few weeks.

This kind of thing is being shared on FB. It clearly originated in the US but is being posted in the UK. It's one thing to flout isolation on your own but to really try to get people to march, well, it terrifies me. What is wrong with people.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I think as they have extended the furlough pay thing it will probably go on longer. I feel the same, as much as I can't wait for normal life to resume I'm also getting really nervous about it. I'd rather hold out that wee bit longer if it will make it safer
well they've said we're nowhere near the peak yet, so I'd say it'll continue for a few more months until whatever target they had set in regards to ICU beds is reached..

I saw a post on a local site where people were discussing these letters and several had only received them this week. It said on the letter 12 weeks from the date they received it which takes them in to July. Do you know if there is a reason why it differs for people?
Im assuming area or condition but it seems odd some people have only just got the letters and others have had them a few weeks.
It was to do with individual GP surgeries going through their list of what they classed as vulnerable people ,I guess some were quicker off the mark than others.

Reactions: 4
This kind of thing is being shared on FB. It clearly originated in the US but is being posted in the UK. It's one thing to flout isolation on your own but to really try to get people to march, well, it terrifies me. What is wrong with people.
I just don’t have words! Yep let’s march against saving our lives just so I can get down the pub again. Idiots!

Reactions: 7
well they've said we're nowhere near the peak yet, so I'd say it'll continue for a few more months until whatever target they had set in regards to ICU beds is reached..

It was to do with individual GP surgeries going through their list of what they classed as vulnerable people ,I guess some were quicker off the mark than others.
Have they said that in the briefings? Haven’t watched them all week this week.

Reactions: 1
Anyone know when peak is as originally they thourght Easter weekend.
Also read South West 2weeks behind London and South Wales worse.
Spoke to carpenter yesterday working on extra covid beds at bath.

Reactions: 3
Have they said that in the briefings? Haven’t watched them all week this week.
No I'm just assuming that's what will happen ? once they're confident they can cope with the nxt wave they'll soften the lockdown IMO..

Reactions: 2
So Ian Plebhead Smith wants an end to lockdown. duck off back into your cave you utter cretin!!!! I bloody HATE that creature!!

Reactions: 7
Robert Kenrick housing secretary, is he the rule breaker that was flitting between his family home and his London crash pad ? Also Captain Tom has been invited as guest of honour to Nightingale hospital opening in Harrogate....surely that isn’t the best idea ...99 year old travelling unnecessarily. He’s done a wonderful thing but surely this would be putting his health at risk.
I'm guessing it will be via video link like Prince William and Prince Charles when they opened the other ones.

I did feel worried when they were filming him do his last lap and had the TV crew and all the sliders their in his garden. I don't feel the soldiers lining the route were all 2 meters away from him !

Reactions: 5
No I'm just assuming that's what will happen ? once they're confident they can cope with the nxt wave they'll soften the lockdown IMO..
Yeah that makes sense.

I constantly go back and forth on what I think they will do.

I think it will depend on how other countries that are relaxing lockdown rules manage.

Reactions: 2
Trump will love that !

Yeah that makes sense.

I constantly go back and forth on what I think they will do.

I think it will depend on how other countries that are relaxing lockdown rules manage.
Yes I think they'll follow their lead

Anyone know when peak is as originally they thourght Easter weekend.
Also read South West 2weeks behind London and South Wales worse.
Spoke to carpenter yesterday working on extra covid beds at bath.
My mate works in a north west hospital and they were told beginning of May for peak. That was Wednesday when she told us.

The thought of being first in the freshly-stocked pasta aisle is pretty exciting 😬
Pasta aisle in my local Tesco was FULLY STOCKED today. The 3kg bags and everything. It was all very exciting! Still no normal bags of rice though....

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Pasta aisle in my local Tesco was FULLY STOCKED today. The 3kg bags and everything. It was all very exciting! Still no normal bags of rice though....
I bet all those that bought all the pasta in the first place are fed up of eating it now😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Is anyone watching Lady Gagas concert thing for WHO, it’s soooo sad... sat here even more depressed sipping my gin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.