Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly! You could tell the staff at Tesco's had seen it all. The poor guy at the till said she wasn't even his worst customer of the week! I don't know what's so hard to understand. Even when people don't follow the arrows on the floor, it irks me!
@50sGirl wonder who was doing the Tesco Two-Step:LOL:

I hope all the selfish sods that bought all the bloody toilet rolls keep tripping up over it too😂
I saw somebody in Austrailia tried to return $4,500 worth and the store manager told him to duck off 😁

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I hope everyone that stockpiled hand sanitizer finds it's leaked all over wherever they've stashed it😁

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Taken from the government website
Why did i read that last bit in a Gavin and Stacey Welsh accent🤣
im watching that now 😂 tidy
My home bargains today had family size hand sanitiser ( carex 70% alcohol) first time I've seen it back for a few months
my daughter just moved some things round in her room and found a whole bottle of the stuff 🙄 its like bloody gold dust and ive had a bottle of it here all this time!!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Since I've found that my home b has hand sanitiser If any one was desperate for it I could try get ans post for anyone who was needing

Reactions: 6
I managed to take my walk alone today. Think my husband could sense I was going to blow! We have a treadmill so he did his run on there then took the kids on a bike ride so I could go for my walk. It felt really good and I felt free for 40 mins anyway! I won’t take my freedom for granted again! My son is coping surprisingly well with this and my daughter who is usually the model child vs my son who is not 😂 has turned into a terror! She was ripping up his colouring that we were doing today and just being moody. I don’t know how to help her. I bought a load of craft things when I knew lock down was coming and she doesn’t even want to engage with that. I’ve been going to her room and playing with her dolls with her when baby doesn’t need feeding etc and trying to just spend time with her and I try really hard when she’s being difficult to tell her to try and explain how she’s feeling using words rather than getting angry but I don’t think she knows how to do that yet. She’s 4. I’m just having an emotional night I think

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Just watching the news at some Americans protesting.......what a bunch of idiots! My God, give yourselves a bloody shake, utter morons!! I have absolutely no words about Trump opening up parts of America 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 10
Had almost an identical situation at Tesco today!!! I was in queue keeping my distance from lady in front who was packing her shopping and infront of her, barely even a few feet away was a completely random woman bellowing down her phone while also bellowing across the shop for her daughters who were speaking to friends im guessing. She was told by security to keep her voice down and keep moving and then kicked up a bigger fuss as she knew security would not come within 2m of her so got brave! Eventually her kids (3 of them from 10-17y/o, all looking bedraggled in their mickey mouse pjs at 4pm!!) strolled past ME. The barricade was there for a reason and they moved it out of the way slightly to get passed but if I hadnt moved closer to the till, they would've brushed my bloody arm. Ridiculous.
with kids that age there is no need for them to be instore with mum. if one of thems late teens they can look after others at home. i do not want my kids going anywhere near a shop with all those other people. either me or my husband goes. kids are old enough to be left alone.
these idiots make me mad ..why would you put them at risk?

with kids that age there is no need for them to be instore with mum. if one of thems late teens they can look after others at home. i do not want my kids going anywhere near a shop with all those other people. either me or my husband goes. kids are old enough to be left alone.
these idiots make me mad ..why would you put them at risk?
I know the past 2 weeks theres been very few to none children in the shops when i went today there was loads ... one shops the kids were holding things for the parent putting them in there mouth then put the items back on the shelf 😐😡

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
I get a bit annoyed at his school's facebook page always posting about the 'stars of the day' and how much work they do and their parents posting how proud of them they are.

But those children still going to school as they are children of key workers are not doing school work but more like 'holiday club' activities.

I was also surprised that they were still publishing school work over the Easter holidays. Also, a lot of the work they've published you need a printer for and we don't have a printer or you need MS Office and we don't have MS Office.
We don't have a printer either, I was writing it out but it's been 6 a4 pages between mine just for maths and I can't be bothered doing that every day 🤦‍♀️🤣

Reactions: 3
I try really hard when she’s being difficult to tell her to try and explain how she’s feeling using words rather than getting angry but I don’t think she knows how to do that yet. She’s 4. I’m just having an emotional night I think
[/QUOTE]
My one is too, we watched Inside out and had a chat about big feelings which helped (so far 🤞🏼)

Reactions: 2
I am worried about them letting us go back work too early and then we all get it and get seriously ill anyway. :eek: Like those extras in shoot out action films where they manage to hide from the aggressor and thinks the coast is clear, does a little dance for joy, gets cocky then.... I know that sounds morbid but it crosses my mind.

Please can they find a cure and a vaccine sooooon.

I fear I will have developed agoraphobia by the time this is over. My weekly dash from car to Co Op with mouth and nose covered is enough for me to need a good sit down/calm down once home. My exercise and fresh air fix takes place in my small garden now. Last walked around the block 2 weeks ago. Gah.

I managed to take my walk alone today. Think my husband could sense I was going to blow! We have a treadmill so he did his run on there then took the kids on a bike ride so I could go for my walk. It felt really good and I felt free for 40 mins anyway! I won’t take my freedom for granted again! My son is coping surprisingly well with this and my daughter who is usually the model child vs my son who is not 😂 has turned into a terror! She was ripping up his colouring that we were doing today and just being moody. I don’t know how to help her. I bought a load of craft things when I knew lock down was coming and she doesn’t even want to engage with that. I’ve been going to her room and playing with her dolls with her when baby doesn’t need feeding etc and trying to just spend time with her and I try really hard when she’s being difficult to tell her to try and explain how she’s feeling using words rather than getting angry but I don’t think she knows how to do that yet. She’s 4. I’m just having an emotional night I think
I think all the kids are feeling it now! it was grand for the first couple of weeks but they must be as fed up as the rest of us now missing their friends and activities, it's been a big change for us all..As soon as we're used to whats going to be our new normal the better 😫

Reactions: 7
I try really hard when she’s being difficult to tell her to try and explain how she’s feeling using words rather than getting angry but I don’t think she knows how to do that yet. She’s 4. I’m just having an emotional night I think
My one is too, we watched Inside out and had a chat about big feelings which helped (so far 🤞🏼)
[/QUOTE]
I’ll try and have a chat with her again tomorrow. I think she just needs school and contact with her friends :( problem is she has really nice friends at school but they’re all quiet and shy, so Won’t do FaceTime or anything.

Reactions: 4
Trumps went from ventilators to tests :LOL: he's been tested twice and tested neg ...do you think they were lying😁

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I think all the kids are feeling it now! it was grand for the first couple of weeks but they must be as fed up as the rest of us now missing their friends and activities, it's been a big change for us all..As soon as we're used to whats going to be our new normal the better 😫
Definitely, it's so confusing for them. My 6 year old started really misbehaving , well more than normal . And his dad who's a primary teacher got him to draw pictures and talk about what was troubling him that seemed to work.
And my 3 year old just keeps telling us the man on the tv tells us we must stay indoors .
And my 5 year old who every night kept wetting the bed , since the schools have been off has stopped

Last edited:
  • Sad
I remember my daughter went from a sweet, happy child to a bit of a terror when she turned 4 and it coincided with her starting school!

Reactions: 3
i feel like we've had lock down melt down day today at ours..now that he feels 100% husband said shall we have a take away curry tonight?
Unfortunately our usual take away/restaurant closed (think they are doing meals for staff at our local hospital which is fabulous) so called another one which had been recommended.
ordered 45 mins ..then after putting phone down dawned on me guy hadnt taken 3 digit code from card. rang back immediately to make payment. cant put through as line busy i will call you back he says. 1/2 later still no call . ring them ..cant find order, then they do still cant take card details order delayed by another 40 mins. call back again and again and again..engaged...now 1hr 1/2 later kids starving..try to call to cancel thinking as they havent had payment so were not getting food..doorbell rings and delivery guy at door with curry ! told delivery guy i dont want it now ..we ended paying him half as we was worried he wouldnt get paid and told hum to get take away to call us.
in between this time me and husband had a massive row as he said id given him wrong number for take away when he was trying cancel order and said he cant have been listening properly..the food was awful when arrived - over cooked / rubbery ! i wish id just made something myself. i was too stressed at this point to eat it all.
i know these places are busy due to lockdown but please stop lying..if the foods gonna be 90 mins tell me ! or if your overwhelmed please say .
i actually feel like a spoiled brat having a meltdown over something so trivial..

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.