Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Definitely, it's so confusing for them. My 6 year old started really misbehaving , well more than normal . And his dad who's a primary teacher got him to draw pictures and talk about what was troubling him that seemed to work.
And my 3 year old just keeps telling us the man on the tv tells us we must stay indoors .
It's only natural they're life's been turned up side down ..My youngest is a promising footballer, he would have trained twice a week and had matches at weekends he's missing that more than anything ,not to mention his other activities through the week..I'm even missing the "soccer moms" tbh 😄 aww it's getting to be a long old slog x

• Sad
Reactions: 6
How is everyone this evening? earlier I poured myself a Pimms, had a packet of crisps and played cards I felt like I was at the pub :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
How is everyone this evening? earlier I poured myself a Pimms, had a packet of crisps and played cards I felt like I was at the pub :giggle:
Sounds nice. We watched frozen 2, ate too many haribo type sweets that I can feel sitting on my chest and I have indigestion. Frozen 2 was good, the rest not so much. Yours sounds better. Seeing as I already have indigestion I’m rounding my evening off by watching Trump.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
We don't have a printer either, I was writing it out but it's been 6 a4 pages between mine just for maths and I can't be bothered doing that every day 🤦‍♀️🤣
Tbh I can't even see the point !for the school teaches them a completely new tecnique anyway, to what we would use (I know reading and basic stuff has to continue)but everyone will be throwing different things at them and once they return to class (if ever) it'll just confuse them further and they'll have already picked up habits that will be hard to break.Teachers will have a tougher job on their hands than normal..

Reactions: 5
My elderly next door neighbour got this text, it really confused her. She doesn’t really understand what text messages are & struggles to use her mobile phone, so she came round to my house to ask me to open it.
She’d had the letter in March & had been following the advice, but then ended up breaking her isolation to get me to read a text message reminding her that she needed to isolate.
yeah that’s very confusing. I think if people got the letter about shielding from the NHS in the last week of March when they were sent out then that should be it really. That was clear instruction to shield for 12 weeks so at least people knew what was going on - texting people just complicates the matter!

Reactions: 1
I’ve managed to get my daughter off Animal Crossing (Grrrr I hate it 😡) for 2 hours and we have sat and watched some old ‘My name is Earl’ episodes and played cards too. 👍🏻

Reactions: 4
AOC, Cortez, Omar
Obama
The Democrats
China
WHO
Muslims
Nancy Pelosi
Joe Biden
'That woman in Michigan'

Trump might as well have added Melania, Eric, MSNBC, Cuomo and read out a list of people he hates

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I opened a bottle of wine that literally made your eyes water, bloody awful. I emptied it down the sink. I'm now having a gin and it's much better😁. Police helicopter has been over twice tonight, obviously looking for gangs of teenagers loitering about... unless they're trying to locate my house because they've seen on line that I've got 5 bags of the white stuff (actually 5 bags of self raising flour that I ordered from Amazon). If I'm not on Tattle tomorrow you know they've taken me in for questioning😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
AOC, Cortez, Omar
Obama
The Democrats
China
WHO
Muslims
Nancy Pelosi
Joe Biden
'That woman in Michigan'

Trump might as well have added Melania, Eric, MSNBC, Cuomo and read out a list of people he hates
Could he stir up anymore racial hatred ..

Reactions: 7
This is the only place I can think of to get this off my chest So apologies in advance. Is anyone else irrationally irritated by the numerous fb posts today of sisters/siblings sharing pictures of themselves together, as they miss each other.... perfectly fine but many of them I know are seeing each other even though they live in different houses etc. Also they have not lost contact as constantly on phone video calls etc. I also think it’s highly insensitive to those that are losing loved ones and won’t see them after this has ended..... I know It’s totally irrational.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
AOC, Cortez, Omar
Obama
The Democrats
China
WHO
Muslims
Nancy Pelosi
Joe Biden
'That woman in Michigan'

He was in full campaign mode on tonight’s press conference. He knows that his opinions on these people will win him big support within his base of voters.

It’s a shame really that Joe Biden is the Democratic candidate. He isn’t exciting or radical enough to go up against Trump and win. Trump is on an easy ride to another term in office and let’s just hope he doesn’t start a war with China when he does win! 😂

• Haha
Could he stir up anymore racial hatred ..
Oh he is trying! Apparently had a good call with religious leaders including imams...then retweeted a tweet about how he hopes Muslims can stay out of mosques at Ramadan as churches were closed at Easter! Ffs...now is not the time. People of all races, all religions are dying and we are sadly all in that together. Countries around the world are helping each other sending PPE and doctors and this moron decides now is a good time to stir up division!

He was in full campaign mode on tonight’s press conference. He knows that his opinions on these people will win him big support within his base of voters.

It’s a shame really that Joe Biden is the Democratic candidate. He isn’t exciting or radical enough to go up against Trump and win. Trump is on an easy ride to another term in office and let’s just hope he doesn’t start a war with China when he does win! 😂
Oh definitely in campaign mode tonight...a different Trump to a few nights ago. Shame people forget this is the same man who at one of his last public rallies called Covid 19 a 'hoax cooked up by the Democrats'

I liked Bernie Sanders, but he was getting a bit too 'woke' leaning and I think Biden is the right balance ,you are right though, up against Trump he is lacking in that something to ignite people.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Oh he is trying! Apparently had a good call with religious leaders including imams...then retweeted a tweet about how he hopes Muslims can stay out of mosques at Ramadan as churches were closed at Easter! Ffs...now is not the time. People of all races, all religions are dying and we are sadly all in that together. Countries around the world are helping each other sending PPE and doctors and this moron decides now is a good time to stir up division!
I said earlier about Turkey sending the PPE all around the world there was no mention of it ,only someone on my FB put pictures up( he has a second home out there ) he's an ex politician and a big advocate for Turkey I never heard it mentioned and they donated thousands of units of the stuff..

Anyone having bother getting tattle to load ? or are they trying to tell me this is my curtain call...

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I said earlier about Turkey sending the PPE all around the world there was no mention of it ,only someone on my FB put pictures up( he has a second home out there ) he's an ex politician and a big advocate for Turkey I never heard it mentioned and they donated thousands of units of the stuff..

Anyone having bother getting tattle to load ? or are they trying to tell me this is my curtain call...
China have sent medics and equipment to London and other countries, like you posted Turkey have donated PPE and other countries are sharing research and testing information...this virus is bigger than politics and scoring points.
KSA and Yemen call a truce, in India the opposing parties are agreeing and we have people who dislike the Conservatives yet are praising the government/Boris...yet Trump is bent on making it about himself!

Reactions: 8
China have sent medics and equipment to London and other countries, like you posted Turkey have donated PPE and other countries are sharing research and testing information...this virus is bigger than politics and scoring points.
KSA and Yemen call a truce, in India the opposing parties are agreeing and we have people who dislike the Conservatives yet are praising the government/Boris...yet Trump is bent on making it about himself!
Well he is the most important person in his world😶

Reactions: 3
Tbh I can't even see the point !for the school teaches them a completely new tecnique anyway, to what we would use (I know reading and basic stuff has to continue)but everyone will be throwing different things at them and once they return to class (if ever) it'll just confuse them further and they'll have already picked up habits that will be hard to break.Teachers will have a tougher job on their hands than normal..
Yes they teach differently to how I remember. We've just been doing a few maths games like times table rock stars instead and reading. I've found it really overwhelming how much there is to do. My eldest is working a year or 2 behind so I'm a little worried about that gap getting bigger but it can't be helped.

Yes they teach differently to how I remember. We've just been doing a few maths games like times table rock stars instead and reading. I've found it really overwhelming how much there is to do. My eldest is working a year or 2 behind so I'm a little worried about that gap getting bigger but it can't be helped.
I don't know what they expect people to do they don't know themselves ! if they have to spend an extra yr or 2 at school so be it ( it's not the end of the world) :oops:😬

Border restrictions have been extended for NI traveling to ROI 😐

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.