Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you think that by relaxing it slightly, they are wanting more to catch it ( herd ) the hospital are busy but not at critical level, the nightingale is half empty ( criteria has a lengthy list )
Sorry if offended this is how my brain works 🙈

Reactions: 8
There really is no need to be doing 6 hours of school work a day, at home. It's not sustainable. Where are you meant to get all the resources and knowledge from? Besides it's still the holidays! I would think it's more important to focus on well being. Children will need time to settle in again once schools open as some will have done loads and some not that much. Some children might have lost close relatives, they will all need time to adjust.

Reactions: 10
I'm shielding and I have had no correspondence since the initial letter
I’m really sorry to hear that. I work in local government and as I’m unable to do some of my normal job because our service is closed, I’ve been seconded to making welfare calls to shielding people. We check they have food deliveries and prescriptions and if they need help with either we can arrange that. But there are a lot of people shielding in just our county and we are not a huge team. The contact details come through via the NHS daily so we don’t have access to them all at once. I hope you get some support soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My friend is a Teacher and she said she doesn't know why people are calling it home schooling as parents aren't Teachers. You shouldn't feel pressure to 'home school'. I don't understand my son's work. It goes over my head. His older sister helps him a bit but most of the time he won't do it. I'm not going to stress myself out trying to get him to do 6 hrs of school work a day as that's not my job, I'm not a Teacher!
I wish my kids head teacher would realise this. Keeps banging on about doing 2/3 hours of ‘work’ a day and it’s just not happening and I’m sick of the pressure🙄 can’t get my printer to work so that’s not helping either.

No one is going to check up to see what is really being achieved. Mine have had much more screen time than I would like but they are as bored as I am, so I’m just going with it. I make sure they get outside in the garden and have some fresh air. We’ve made more cakes in the last few weeks than I can count and are going to bed later than they should. I’m not comparing myself to anyone else, we are all trying our hardest.
This is basically how things are in my house too, glad it’s not just me! Currently my kids are watching my partner play PS4 and I’m allowing it because it’s the one thing that’s kept them still for more than five minutes today🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6
That's bad. You should contact your GP Surgery and tell them. GP's have given the government your details which should include your phone number so you can be text or contacted by the volunteers with offers to do your shopping or collect your prescription. Also Supermarkets were given the list of those shielding and should contact you offering you priority online shops.
My dad was not offered a priority slot from any of the big supermarkets.
Yesterday I called Tesco and explained that he was on the government list but no supermarket had contacted him yet.
She took his details, asked if he had shopped online with them before (he had) and said if he logged into his account after 24 hours then he would be able to book a priority delivery.
He logged on this afternoon and has got a slot for Thursday. He could have had one sooner but I dropped some shopping around today so it wasn’t needed until then.
Priority slots for Tesco don’t specify an hour, you choose an 8 hour window - either 10am-6pm or 2pm-10pm. It makes sense not to specify an exact time because if they’re shielding they should be home all day anyway.
Feel so much happier knowing he’ll get a weekly delivery now.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I'm a parent and even I find this ridiculous 🤦🏽‍♀️View attachment 111708
My god.. it's called being a parent. I may be lucky that I'm still working so have a "break" from myne but really, it feels no different to the summer holidays for us. Other then not being able to go places, we are finding loads to do at home and really enjoying this time.

I’ve missed out on so much of this thread! I’ve been teaching my children Latin, Pythagoras theorem, the history of ancient Egypt, how to make a hollandaise sauce from scratch and finishing our day with a 15 mile run (whilst maintaining a 2 meter distance obviously). I’m doing this whilst working from home and keeping up with household chores.

NAAAAAAAAT

We are all just about watered and fed and on the brink of hating each other. House is a shithole and been living on Pom bears, brioches and raisins.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Confused by people shielding saying they’ve now got texts to say they’re told to shield until end of June. I thought the letter which came out end of March said 12 weeks anyway which would be end of June? :/

Reactions: 3
Confused by people shielding saying they’ve now got texts to say they’re told to shield until end of June. I thought the letter which came out end of March said 12 weeks anyway which would be end of June? :/
I've been shielding since second week in March on advice of my oncologist. 12 weeks would take me to the 4th June

Reactions: 2
I wish my kids head teacher would realise this. Keeps banging on about doing 2/3 hours of ‘work’ a day and it’s just not happening and I’m sick of the pressure🙄 can’t get my printer to work so that’s not helping either.

This is basically how things are in my house too, glad it’s not just me! Currently my kids are watching my partner play PS4 and I’m allowing it because it’s the one thing that’s kept them still for more than five minutes today🤷🏻‍♀️
well my young one wouldn't sit for 2min never mind 2hrs and our school are well aware of the hurdles everyone is facing ,children don't see home as a learning enviornment they haven't given them any work for over the Easter hols but are to be in touch on Monday..

Reactions: 3
My dad was not offered a priority slot from any of the big supermarkets.
Yesterday I called Tesco and explained that he was on the government list but no supermarket had contacted him yet.
She took his details, asked if he had shopped online with them before (he had) and said if he logged into his account after 24 hours then he would be able to book a priority delivery.
He logged on this afternoon and has got a slot for Thursday. He could have had one sooner but I dropped some shopping around today so it wasn’t needed until then.
Priority slots for Tesco don’t specify an hour, you choose an 8 hour window - either 10am-6pm or 2pm-10pm. It makes sense not to specify an exact time because if they’re shielding they should be home all day anyway.
Feel so much happier knowing he’ll get a weekly delivery now.
this was the same with my mum.
Really impressed with Tesco for this!

Reactions: 6
Ive just read that the premiership are still pushing to finish the season. I find this so ridiculous as every other sporting even in the near future has just took the loss( however great and cancelled.) Yet the fat cats at uefa are still pushing for a June start, I suppose it worrying for the ensuring their 8th ex wife and their live in girlfriend are getting enough money to maintain their looks, whilst they summer in their beach home. Wish Boris and co would step in and ban all sporting events until the worst of this is over and we are moving well out of lockdown. In my opinion they are the least important thing to unlock .

• Angry
Reactions: 11
Haha exactly
I passed my first fit testing , and other colleagues passed on second and third attempts and some have failed all together
There’s no way the public have the hoods and sprays and passed all 6 exercises to even know if their mask has passed 😂😂
I'm not being funny but quite a lot of vulnerable elderly people are having to go out because they have no other choice. They are putting their lives at risk in order to eat and survive. Please don't laugh at them because they are trying to protect themselves, they aren't close up to ill people coughing on them every day so their masks don't really need to be test fitted. The masks they wear are helping them have the confidence to do their shopping and maybe, just maybe that mask might well stop that one cough that could kill them.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I feel like this lockdown has been sponsored by Roblox! anyone else with an 8 year old completely addicted?!

Reactions: 8
Does anyone else think that in 3 weeks time they’ll loosen the so called lockdown? I think the will if they’re already opening some things again.

I really don’t want lockdown to lift yet. It’ll send my anxiety crazy knowing my husband and daughter will have to go back to work, which brings a huge risk to me and my husband being asthmatic, I don’t think the country is ready yet, I think lockdown needs to be far stricter than it has been. This last week my street has been so busy with cars and so many people out all the time. My daughter and son went for an hours walk yesterday and I’ve worried since should I have let them go even though they didn’t go near anyone, shoes off at the door and hands scrubbed once home, They hadn’t been for a walk in a while. We aren’t going out at all other than my husband walking the dog very locally for a short walk.

If Italy and China had a lockdown for much longer I hope the government will see sense and follow this. The virus is by no means safe for us to return to work and mix with the public.

Reactions: 5
I feel like this lockdown has been sponsored by Roblox! anyone else with an 8 year old completely addicted?!
Nope, it’s definately sponsored by Nintendo - I am so sick of animal crossing. I dreamt about it last night - I hate it all😡

• Haha
My elderly next door neighbour got this text, it really confused her. She doesn’t really understand what text messages are & struggles to use her mobile phone, so she came round to my house to ask me to open it.
She’d had the letter in March & had been following the advice, but then ended up breaking her isolation to get me to read a text message reminding her that she needed to isolate.

• Sad
I have a 7yo who is obsessed!

Not sure about lockdown being lifted... isn’t the furlough scheme being extended to end of June? Sure I saw that somewhere...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.