Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Similar start to all these threads so sorry to be repetitive,
but some links you might find useful....🙂

(GOV.UK)
www.gov.uk

(NHS advice about COVID-19)
www.nhs.uk

(World Health Organisation)
www.who.int

(Total cases - U.K. numbers)
www.arcgis.com

Geographical distribution of COVID-19 cases globally. The data is updated daily.
www.ecdc.europa.eu

COVID-19 MAP (google maps)
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mid=1yCPR-ukAgE55sROnmBUFmtLN6riVLTu3&hl=en_GB

(Previous threads coronavirus)
Users are encouraged to use our support threads if you’re struggling, feeling overwhelmed or lonely, remember nobody here is qualified to give medical/psychological advice and we’re all just here to support each other 🙂

Reactions: 6
I hope they announce the extension and are very clear tonight, already seeing some people breaking the rules

Reactions: 19
Sorry I meant to quote from the previous thread, most B&Q’s if local are doing click and collect for nearly everything. It takes a while sometimes but they’re very good with the zero contact and we’ve done garden orders to keep ourselves busy.

Reactions: 4
As far as I can see nobody around here seems to be social distancing. There were groups of people out and about yesterday on my weekly walk to the shop and the road outside my house seems as busy as normal. Seems like people are getting fed up of being kept in.

Reactions: 11
I hope they announce the extension and are very clear tonight, already seeing some people breaking the rules
Why? There’s absolutely no need for a total lockdown, it would only grate on peoples mental health and cause more harm than good. The point of the measures put in place isn’t to stop the virus spreading, or get rid of it, it’s to take pressure off the NHS and evidence has shown that it’s worked. Everything is going well

Reactions: 10
Why? There’s absolutely no need for a total lockdown, it would only grate on peoples mental health and cause more harm than good. The point of the measures put in place isn’t to stop the virus spreading, or get rid of it, it’s to take pressure off the NHS and evidence has shown that it’s worked. Everything is going well

I know it's not to stop the virus and just to help the NHS manage, totally understand that.

I don't think we need total lockdown, but I've send people "isolating" on two different houses. Has a friend who drive three hours to go to a birthday party as it was in a house.

Those people aren't helping the NHS, the opposite. The quicker they understand that the quicker lockdown can be lifted.

The people doing what they want probably won't get it, they'll just spread it to someone else.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I'm disgusted with the way people with illnesses that will definitely kill them such as cancer etc. have been left stranded, some with treatment stopped, over this virus which has a very small chance of killing them. So basically, pipe down please and think of other people while you die, but don't moan!

Also, where was this concern from everybody for flu which we know kills a huge amount every year without fail. Now all of a sudden everyone is so concerned with the populations health and so grateful to the NHS. Where was this before?

Reactions: 17
I don't think lockdown as worked as well as they have expected. The numbers are still very high considering we are now on week four of pretty much not seeing anyone or going anywhere that has lots of people( discounting shops) I think the government was expecting the numbers to go down. I know it takes a while to come out but all the of the last big social gatherings was way before lockdown happened so surely all those people should have had it recovered or sadly passed from it. I think they should at a maximum put another three weeks on lockdown then begin to lift it for the people that are the least vulnerable, putting procedures in place such as separate shopping times etc. People are already flouting the rules ( which I disagree with) because they are not used to being kept away from doing what they have always done. I also want to stress what I mean by lifting the lockdown as perhaps send the least vulnerable back to work, children back to school and shopping. Pubs,concerts and sporting and holidays events to be kept off till at least September / early winter.

Reactions: 8
18 deaths for NI and the highest number in ICU..biggest number yet 😬

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Still seems to be quite high considering the lockdown has been enforced for longer ?
you mean the numbers of people passing away?
a huge amount of cases are in nursing homes and residential care homes, I’m hoping this week is the peak and we should drop in numbers from here on in, we also do include people who die at home and in care settings.
there is huge confusion over testing at this point.
It feels like it’s never ending and as soon as we see the numbers go up, hoping that’s the peak, it’s not.

who knows if Easter weekend will see a spike in numbers as well. 🤦‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I don't think lockdown as worked as well as they have expected. The numbers are still very high considering we are now on week four of pretty much not seeing anyone or going anywhere that has lots of people( discounting shops) I think the government was expecting the numbers to go down. I know it takes a while to come out but all the of the last big social gatherings was way before lockdown happened so surely all those people should have had it recovered or sadly passed from it. I think they should at a maximum put another three weeks on lockdown then begin to lift it for the people that are the least vulnerable, putting procedures in place such as separate shopping times etc. People are already flouting the rules ( which I disagree with) because they are not used to being kept away from doing what they have always done. I also want to stress what I mean by lifting the lockdown as perhaps send the least vulnerable back to work, children back to school and shopping. Pubs,concerts and sporting and holidays events to be kept off till at least September / early winter.
I wouldn’t want my kids back in school right now, they already get enough illnesses throughout the year 🙈🙈

Reactions: 10
Sorry I meant to quote from the previous thread, most B&Q’s if local are doing click and collect for nearly everything. It takes a while sometimes but they’re very good with the zero contact and we’ve done garden orders to keep ourselves busy.

The government requested they open up all their lines again to assist with peoples mental health. I guess if you want people to stay home you need to give them something to do.

Reactions: 3
I can't see how they can reopen schools yet though as how can you keep up social distance when there's a few hundred kids in one place?

Reactions: 2
The government requested they open up all their lines again to assist with peoples mental health. I guess if you want people to stay home you need to give them something to do.
I’ve heard eating peanut butter from the jar at 2am is another way to pass time.
just heard it from a friend. 😐

My Morrison’s seems to be back at normal. No queuing and stores packed.
I was in Tesco earlier and it’s still like week 1.
limited numbers inside, gloves and sanitiser, marks on the floor for social distancing.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.