Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My personal worry about any lockdown being lifted is what will happen to people who aren’t able to work from home and are meant to be shielding. I am one of these and for my own sanity I would like Government protection in the sense that I can stay at home until the end of the shielding period without consequences to my income and employment. Obviously I can see the other economic side to this but I do not want to have to go through any more anxiety than I already am. 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 11
My personal worry about any lockdown being lifted is what will happen to people who aren’t able to work from home and are meant to be shielding. I am one of these and for my own sanity I would like Government protection in the sense that I can stay at home until the end of the shielding period without consequences to my income and employment. Obviously I can see the other economic side to this but I do not want to have to go through any more anxiety than I already am. 😔
I agree, we shouldn’t be forced back into work when we need to stay safe if we have existing conditions. No one should as it’s even dangerous for people with good health.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Ive just read that the premiership are still pushing to finish the season. I find this so ridiculous as every other sporting even in the near future has just took the loss( however great and cancelled.) Yet the fat cats at uefa are still pushing for a June start, I suppose it worrying for the ensuring their 8th ex wife and their live in girlfriend are getting enough money to maintain their looks, whilst they summer in their beach home. Wish Boris and co would step in and ban all sporting events until the worst of this is over and we are moving well out of lockdown. In my opinion they are the least important thing to unlock .
I love football, and I do miss it, but I think the way the footballing authorities have handled this has been appalling. There are far more important things to worry about at the moment than how to end the football season.

Reactions: 12
I love football, and I do miss it, but I think the way the footballing authorities have handled this has been appalling. There are far more important things to worry about at the moment than how to end the football season.
I like it too,but I also like Wimbledon and many other sports which have bowed out gracefully and took the hit. I feel annoyed that all they are worrying about is potentially having to pay back the Broadcasters. I know it is alot of money, but at the same time everyone had lost money.

Reactions: 11
I like it too,but I also like Wimbledon and many other sports which have bowed out gracefully and took the hit. I feel annoyed that all they are worrying about is potentially having to pay back the Broadcasters. I know it is alot of money, but at the same time everyone had lost money.
I feel exactly the same, it’s all coming across as really money grabbing & leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.

Reactions: 8
Try and remember that your child has actually only missed ten days of school so far - as the last two weeks would have been easter holidays anyway! I don't think we should be setting work and expecting hours upon hours of work to be completed each day. Aside from it being really hard for us to actually set work that's of an appropriate level, and doesn't require any outside resources it's just not practical for many at home. Some parents are still trying to juggle their own jobs whilst putting up with school pressures. The children in my class are really struggling with the whole aspect of having to do work from home.

Ideally, I think we should find a way to put them back into the year they are now and give them a really good quality year to catch up and excel instead of spending the next however many years trying to cram catch up in before we the cram that year's learning in too! Not that the government would ever listen to an idea like that, I'm only a teacher after all, what would I know!? ;)

Reactions: 19
An influencer I follow works in Tesco part time she has an online delivery when required (no health conditions) have Tesco got plenty of slots available ? or is it fair Tesco staff take advantage of the situation and rob vulnerable people of theirs...

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I think after this 3 week extension they'll loosen the restrictions if numbers drop or start to plateu.
The government must be fully aware that there are a good amount of people that aren't following the rules and therefore more people are contracting the virus, but because the NHS is coping I don't think they'll enforce a stricter lockdown. It all adds in to their herd immunity view.

Reactions: 9
Just got back from Asda and am fumin'.
Family of three women (mother and 2 teenage daughters) were in the queue outside. The daughters kept walking back and forth up the queue incredibly close to people and one of them elbowed me to get out the way. Shouting to each other and their mother so breathing over everyone. Then to cap it all the mother was on her phone bellowing down it - 'yes we'll be over to yours later tonight for a drink'. I wish I was brave enough to say something - they flouted three social distancing regulations there and then. Just what is the bleeping point being responsible when nitwits like that don't take it at all seriously :mad: .

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
My home bargains today had family size hand sanitiser ( carex 70% alcohol) first time I've seen it back for a few months

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I feel like this lockdown has been sponsored by Roblox! anyone else with an 8 year old completely addicted?!
Yes ! They’ve been addicted for a long time, even before lock down. I used to think it was called Road Blocks until a 7 year old corrected me 😊

• Haha
In regards to school work my daughter is in year 2 and her teacher said they only really do about 90 minutes of proper work each day. The rest is break times, register, circle time, reading, lunch, learning through play. We just need to focus on their happiness and wellbeing right now and do a bit of school stuff as and when. They'll all be in the same boat when they go back anyway.

Do you think that by relaxing it slightly, they are wanting more to catch it ( herd ) the hospital are busy but not at critical level, the nightingale is half empty ( criteria has a lengthy list )
Sorry if offended this is how my brain works 🙈
Yep, I think we'll be in and out of various lockdowns off and on as peaks rise and fall until we get a vaccine.

Reactions: 10
Jeez that Newchic stuff is getting beyond a joke.. it has to be Chinas way of getting their revenge for all the flack they're getting over the Corona

Reactions: 1
Just got back from Asda and am fumin'.
Family of three women (mother and 2 teenage daughters) were in the queue outside. The daughters kept walking back and forth up the queue incredibly close to people and one of them elbowed me to get out the way. Shouting to each other and their mother so breathing over everyone. Then to cap it all the mother was on her phone bellowing down it - 'yes we'll be over to yours later tonight for a drink'. I wish I was brave enough to say something - they flouted three social distancing regulations there and then. Just what is the bleeping point being responsible when nitwits like that don't take it at all seriously :mad: .
Had almost an identical situation at Tesco today!!! I was in queue keeping my distance from lady in front who was packing her shopping and infront of her, barely even a few feet away was a completely random woman bellowing down her phone while also bellowing across the shop for her daughters who were speaking to friends im guessing. She was told by security to keep her voice down and keep moving and then kicked up a bigger fuss as she knew security would not come within 2m of her so got brave! Eventually her kids (3 of them from 10-17y/o, all looking bedraggled in their mickey mouse pjs at 4pm!!) strolled past ME. The barricade was there for a reason and they moved it out of the way slightly to get passed but if I hadnt moved closer to the till, they would've brushed my bloody arm. Ridiculous.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Had almost an identical situation at Tesco today!!! I was in queue keeping my distance from lady in front who was packing her shopping and infront of her, barely even a few feet away was a completely random woman bellowing down her phone while also bellowing across the shop for her daughters who were speaking to friends im guessing. She was told by security to keep her voice down and keep moving and then kicked up a bigger fuss as she knew security would not come within 2m of her so got brave! Eventually her kids (3 of them from 10-17y/o, all looking bedraggled in their mickey mouse pjs at 4pm!!) strolled past ME. The barricade was there for a reason and they moved it out of the way slightly to get passed but if I hadnt moved closer to the till, they would've brushed my bloody arm. Ridiculous.
That is disgusting. Some people have no idea. 2metres FFS! I work in a surgery although I’m not in work at moment, and peopl would really get up close, I had no issue in telling them to keep a distance but I’d say “it’s as much for your protection as mine, I could be carrying it but be asymptomatic, I have no idea if that’s the case. So for your own protection please respect 2 metres at all times.”
Some people looked so put out by it, absolute crazy!
That family in Tesco sound horrid

Reactions: 6
That is disgusting. Some people have no idea. 2metres FFS! I work in a surgery although I’m not in work at moment, and peopl would really get up close, I had no issue in telling them to keep a distance but I’d say “it’s as much for your protection as mine, I could be carrying it but be asymptomatic, I have no idea if that’s the case. So for your own protection please respect 2 metres at all times.”
Some people looked so put out by it, absolute crazy!
That family in Tesco sound horrid
Honestly! You could tell the staff at Tesco's had seen it all. The poor guy at the till said she wasn't even his worst customer of the week! I don't know what's so hard to understand. Even when people don't follow the arrows on the floor, it irks me!

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.