Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m half thinking of going to Venice. I bet they’ve dropped hotel prices and food prices too! I’ve always wanted to visit but I hate over crowded places and now it seems ideal.
Only draw back would be having to self isolate for 2 weeks
If you were fully prepared for self isolation, I’m sure it’d be worth the cheap holiday to Venice! 😂

Reactions: 5
Why would the UK government want Coronavirus to kick the butt of their populace? To cover up the disaster of Brexit and blame it on the virus rather than piss poor management? Make migration to the UK unappealing? Blame economic crash on nature?

Reactions: 7
Have Italy announced how many new cases they have today?
Not yet - looks like the website is still waiting for the Italy numbers

Reactions: 2
Do you think it's Devon 10 + Torbay 4 = 14 or 10 all together as Torbay is in Devon? 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1

Yel

If you were fully prepared for self isolation, I’m sure it’d be worth the cheap holiday to Venice! 😂
Maybe we could organise a group tattlers visit to Venice and get a good discount on a hotel, we'd just have to watch out for the influencers that want us gone 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Why would the UK government want Coronavirus to kick the butt of their populace? To cover up the disaster of Brexit and blame it on the virus rather than piss poor management? Make migration to the UK unappealing? Blame economic crash on nature?
To test out how people respond to a lack of basic materials such as toilet roll etc and restriction of free movement - like a practice run should trade agreements and the like go tits up.

Yel

I don't think they want to or any of that, but the housing bubble and huge pension deficit are also both disasters waiting to happen.

2 new cases in Wales. I don’t know where. They never seem to say exactly where cases are now.
I think that's up to the Welsh government and their decision.

Yea they have Torbay council. There's mid Devon, east devon, South hams, Exeter city etc that aren't listed separately
Looks like those are district councils. Torbay and Plymouth are unitary authorities and are listed separately on the Gov site list of cases. The Devon figure will include everything in Devon excluding Torbay and Plymouth.

Not yet - looks like the website is still waiting for the Italy numbers
I imagine it’s going to be high as they’ve quarantined a quarter of the country and they haven’t released the figures yet.

Sky reporting an increase of 67
I wonder how Sky are getting the figures before anyone else 😡 (not saying they’re wrong btw. I’d just prefer the Government website to be updated first so we know it’s accurate).

ETA: Sorry, just seen that Dep of Health have tweeted it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.