Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find that hard to believe, NASA published satellite images of China showing dramatically improved air quality due to the lack of human activity because of Coronavirus. Here are the images https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-51691967

With regards to technology tracking everyone wherever they go, that has very serious implications legally in respect of civil liberties. China's record on civil liberties and human rights is atrocious and I have no wish for the UK to emulate them.
Tbh I wouldnt believe a single thing that comes from NASA but that's probably more for the conspiracy thread

Reactions: 6
I figured incubation period must be longer than 14 days.
The independent hopefully more reliable than some rags says there's 2 types of strains of virus one mild one more serious.
Last I heard there's cases in Italy they haven't found out who got it.
Also same in UK they haven't been asia or Italy but now have it.
I don't think nhs is fully prepared outbreak.
How do people request and get tested?
I assume they told not go a &e or gps.
You have to call 111 and meet a criteria. In Devon there is a swab and go drive through where they come and test you through your car window to minimise contact.

Reactions: 1

Yel

But what I also don't understand is just because a large amount can be traced to people who have travelled must have been out it the community before they were diagnosed so surely they could have left the virus in all sorts of places ? And say they cough on a bus next person grabs the hand rail then gets off the bus and goes into a shop picks up something puts I back next person buys it and goes to visit there friend in the next town ? How would you trace all these people as connected ?
They're still (outwardly at least) treating it as if it's in the early stages. No doubt thousands of people have it across the country and hundreds are getting infected everyday. But it's all about confidence for the economy so treating it as if it's under some kind of control helps reassure. That's my take anyway

Reactions: 8
Decided today wash all bedding on hot wash.
Deep clean entire house.
Have let the kids loose with anti bac in their bedrooms.
Deepclewnjbg bathroom now and kitchen later this afternoon.

Reactions: 5
i go to church and we had this a couple of week ago, I was so nervous about it I nearly dropped the wine as I was passing it back 🤦🏻‍♀️ We have it again in a couple of weeks and I don’t think I’ll want to do it
My mum said her Church are trying to think of a way round it. They are considering everyone having a small disposable cup to themselves. I have visions of them having it in shot glasses!
I’m not religious, so please forgive my ignorance, but could the churches just not do Holy Communion for a while?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My mum said her Church are trying to think of a way round it. They are considering everyone having a small disposable cup to themselves. I have visions of them having it in shot glasses!
I’m not religious, so please forgive my ignorance, but could the churches just not do Holy Communion for a while?
Maajid Nawaz was talking about this yesterday on LBC - lots of potential for viral spread. Also with Islam, from what I understood from what he was saying, the prayers involve a lot of facial contact with mats and standing foot and shoulder with each other (I don’t know much about Catholicism or Islam so forgive me if that’s wrong). He was basically saying for the sake of safety could it be something to be worked around for the time being.

I’m not sure if there’s a time limit of when they have to do it, ours is once a month. I’m sure they will not do it if it comes to it, I’m sure the lord would understand 😂 I’d rather bring my own cup in, torn between being wasteful and getting sick 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Also when taking Holy Communion you drink from the same cup with only a quick wipe with a dry cloth between recipients.😯
I have to say (as a lapsed Catholic) that drinking from the chalice used to make me gag. A quick wipe with a cloth and it was onto the next gob 🤢

Looking at live video feeds and Venice is looking beautiful and sunny without the mass of tourists that usually ruin it. 😆 If restaurants are still allowed to open until 6pm surely tourists can still visit? Flights are still landing, I'm kinda tempted to go but I'll self isolate for two weeks after I get back.😬
Flights are like £20! My oh is Venetian and we are selling a property there. The buyer is refusing to come out of her house to sign paperwork. She left a (typically Italian) hysterical voicemail message, crying that she can’t leave the house.

• Haha
  • Wow
its stupid sharing a cup. how many have been killed over religious forbidding condoms with hiv?

I have to say (as a lapsed Catholic) that drinking from the chalice used to make me gag. A quick wipe with a cloth and it was onto the next gob 🤢

Flights are like £20! My oh is Venetian and we are selling a property there. The buyer is refusing to come out of her house to sign paperwork. She left a (typically Italian) hysterical voicemail message, crying that she can’t leave the house.
£20!!! Oh my!! I could do with a break, not sure I want to risk it though 😬

Reactions: 2
Also when taking Holy Communion you drink from the same cup with only a quick wipe with a dry cloth between recipients.😯
There will be the veneration of the cross before Easter too- where everyone has to kiss the feet of Jesus- basically they get a statue and you have to kiss it, with just a wipe of a cloth before the next one! Nice.
I did email my parents diocese and asked if they would be stopping the peace be with you (shaking of hands to offer peace) my parents went to church the next day and they had stopped it.

Reactions: 4
Looking at live video feeds and Venice is looking beautiful and sunny without the mass of tourists that usually ruin it. 😆 If restaurants are still allowed to open until 6pm surely tourists can still visit? Flights are still landing, I'm kinda tempted to go but I'll self isolate for two weeks after I get back.😬
I feel like I have an angel on each shoulder, one has a 9 pack of toilet roll and a carex antibacterial gel,
the other is looking at the empty car parks, cheap flights and free’d up reservations and it’s not really a battle yet....😆😆😆

famous last words 🤷‍♀️

There will be the veneration of the cross before Easter too- where everyone has to kiss the feet of Jesus- basically they get a statue and you have to kiss it, with just a wipe of a cloth before the next one! Nice.
I did email my parents diocese and asked if they would be stopping the peace be with you (shaking of hands to offer peace) my parents went to church the next day and they had stopped it.
priest:
“body of Christ”
Church customer 😆
Depends, where has he travelled in the last 2 months 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I went to Superdrug this morning (for non-coronavirus related shopping) and noticed there was just a handful of fancy handwashes left. This was just after the doors opened at 10am. I checked three other shops and two had none at all, one had about 5 bottles left. Toilet paper stock and food seems to be okay at least

I’m actually quite concerned now because I don’t live on mainland UK. Stock takes longer to reach us and I can imagine this getting worse as the virus spreads. I don’t want to panic buy but when this is the situation and we don’t know how long it’ll be like this, it feels like the only option

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I went to Superdrug this morning (for non-coronavirus related shopping) and noticed there was just a handful of fancy handwashes left. This was just after the doors opened at 10am. I checked three other shops and two had none at all, one had about 5 bottles left. Toilet paper stock and food seems to be okay at least

I’m actually quite concerned now because I don’t live on mainland UK. Stock takes longer to reach us and I can imagine this getting worse as the virus spreads. I don’t want to panic buy but when this is the situation and we don’t know how long it’ll be like this, it feels like the only option
its a shame that other people are now forcing us into a situation like this. If only they hadn’t cleared the shelves, we would all be functioning fine. There is absolutely no chance this Government will lock down, they’ve got way too much to gain from the virus.

Yel

BBC News ticker
Breaking News
Paramedics told to be clean shaven to reduce infections.

😢 For all the paramedics that are now less handsome😆

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
My nan is in a care home in Ireland, all hospitals and care homes there have been told no visitors allowed at all. Can't see England doing the same, if I'm honest. The government seem to be taking a lax approach imo.

£20!!! Oh my!! I could do with a break, not sure I want to risk it though 😬
I don’t know... I cheap break away, with no crowds, stock up at duty free on the way back and then self isolate for two weeks. Sounds perfect to me 😂

Reactions: 8

Yel

Ah hope it all goes through, can the estate agent go to her door to get the signature? I worry that the UK will be hit more as so many are ignorant and insist on "it's fine, viruses are fine, I had swine flu and it was fine, this disease won't be the end of the world"

There's a banner showing on the grand canal webcams(I've had it playing in the background all day 😆),I wonder if it's virus related. I'd guess it says confinement is stupid
PSX_20200308_120505.jpg

Ah hope it all goes through, can the estate agent go to her door to get the signature? I worry that the UK will be hit more as so many are ignorant and insist on "it's fine, viruses are fine, I had swine flu and it was fine, this disease won't be the end of the world"

There's a banner showing on the grand canal webcams(I've had it playing in the background all day 😆),I wonder if it's virus related. I'd guess it says confinement is stupid
View attachment 92591
Unrelated, it’s something about one woman being raped every three days (GCSE Italian finally proving useful 😆)

Reactions: 1
I don’t know... I cheap break away, with no crowds, stock up at duty free on the way back and then self isolate for two weeks. Sounds perfect to me 😂
I’m half thinking of going to Venice. I bet they’ve dropped hotel prices and food prices too! I’ve always wanted to visit but I hate over crowded places and now it seems ideal.
Only draw back would be having to self isolate for 2 weeks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.