Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder how Sky are getting the figures before anyone else 😡 (not saying they’re wrong btw. I’d just prefer the Government website to be updated first so we know it’s accurate).
I know! In the interest of accuracy they should just wait until the numbers are out and then report.

But its Sky news.... so only a matter of time before we see Kay Burley reporting live from the sandwich factory that supplies lunch to the people doing the testing

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I know! In the interest of accuracy they should just wait until the numbers are out and then report.

But its Sky news.... so only a matter of time before we see Kay Burley reporting live from the sandwich factory that supplies lunch to the people doing the testing
The Department of Health have tweeted the number (I’m not on Twitter so have been checking the website and missed it). Kay Burley will be there, sticking her microphone into some unsuspecting person’s face asking them questions live on air. I saw her doing that the day after the Bataclan and it was such poor taste. I haven’t watched Sky News since.

Reactions: 4
Looks like those are district councils. Torbay and Plymouth are unitary authorities and are listed separately on the Gov site list of cases. The Devon figure will include everything in Devon excluding Torbay and Plymouth.
Ahh I didn't know they weren't a district like the others!!

Reactions: 1

Yel

What I'm really sceptical of is the Chinese figures, I know they've had one province on a harsh lockdown but it spread elsewhere long before that. I'm struggling to beleive it hasn't traveled and grown across the whole country.

Reactions: 8
What I'm really sceptical of is the Chinese figures, I know they've had one province on a harsh lockdown but it spread elsewhere long before that. I'm struggling to beleive it hasn't traveled and grown across the whole country.
I would absolutely agree with you 100% The figures in China are whatever the government there feels like releasing. Anyone who watched the series Chernobyl last year will be fully aware how a communist regime works, yet the official death toll of Chernobyl is still 31

Italy and maybe Iran are probably the best examples the world has on how fast the virus travels

Germany almost 1000 cases no deaths what are they doing ?
Probably doing what they are told :ROFLMAO:

I wish the moron of a prime minister in Ireland would just call off the St. Patrick's Day celebrations or postpone them

Reactions: 4

Yel

Germany almost 1000 cases no deaths what are they doing ?
Maybe it's the weaker strain? Not affected a group of older people? Or mostly very new cases as j hear its most deadly a few weeks into it on the second wave.

Reactions: 2
Used TWO automatic pumps of hand sanitizer leaving Tesco......

shits got real 😂
And my phone isn’t that sticky..

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Yel

Used TWO automatic pumps of hand sanitizer leaving Tesco......

shits got real 😂
And my phone isn’t that sticky..
Haven't seen these installed anywhere here 😬

Overheard a guy walking into Tesco saying "we'll get one sanitiser for gran, one for George, one for..." And on he went. As if! What kind of parallel universe does he think he's in?! Staff were unloading pallets of liquid soap while laughing but stock levels pretty normal now.

Reactions: 3
Looking at live video feeds and Venice is looking beautiful and sunny without the mass of tourists that usually ruin it. 😆 If restaurants are still allowed to open until 6pm surely tourists can still visit? Flights are still landing, I'm kinda tempted to go but I'll self isolate for two weeks after I get back.😬
I’ll join you!

13 cases in my area 😬. Are they not saying how they got it anymore? If it was from traveling or a known case? I can’t seem to find that information

[/QUOTE hopefully she’ll not offend anyone with her tactful interview techniques 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.