Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Continue here!
And just to start on a lighter note, because it can be overwhelming!
Mr Corona is on tinder!!! 😂🤣

E489F45D-56D6-4145-A71D-0AB40FC48D8D.jpeg

Previous thread

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Italy has had 30 deaths today, that's three times more deaths than they would get a day at this time of the year from the standard flu and they've only got 2500 corona cases, up 500 today. The rest of europe could only be two weeks behind this and it's only set to get worse in italy. Let the stats speak for themsevels. It's rapidly coming a terrible situation.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
Friend of mine has just taken her whole family on holiday and isn’t worried makes me wonder how people seem so calm about it all and here’s me fretting over every sneeze lol

Reactions: 12
I've washed my hands that many times at work today that they are dry and chapped. Then I foolishly put some hand gel on them and it burrrrrrrrrrrrns!

Sainsburies was well stocked tonight. May have bought a couple of extra packs of noodles and tins of beans and some toilet paper, just in case.

Reactions: 10
Italy has had 30 deaths today, that's three times more deaths than they would get a day at this time of the year from the standard flu and they've only got 2500 corona cases, up 500 today. The rest of europe could only be two weeks behind this and it's only set to get worse in italy. Let the stats speak for themsevels. It's rapidly coming a terrible situation.
Let’s hope it doesn’t. We can’t compare us to Italy as it would be like comparing China to the rest of the world

Friend of mine has just taken her whole family on holiday and isn’t worried makes me wonder how people seem so calm about it all and here’s me fretting over every sneeze lol
A woman I work with fancies herself as a tough badass and is going around telling everyone to stop being stupid and pathetic over it.

People like her do my nut in. I think there’s justification for worrying.

Reactions: 12
A woman I work with fancies herself as a tough badass and is going around telling everyone to stop being stupid and pathetic over it.

People like her do my nut in. I think there’s justification for worrying.
I’ve been told countless times I’m stupid and pathetic

• Sad
Reactions: 10
BREAKING NEWS: NHS England has declared coronavirus a level four incident which is the highest category.
Is this not going to make people worry even more there are only 51 cases currently and they have said 8 have recovered so surely then 43 cases on going !?

Reactions: 4
Is this not going to make people worry even more there are only 51 cases currently and they have said 8 have recovered so surely then 43 cases on going !?
I panicked when I saw it but is it not just that action needs to be taken? Not because we have thousands with it?

Reactions: 1
I think the message is clear they anticipate having more people to care for than facility to do so.

edit to add: it also facilitates the government to manoeuvre in terms of policy.

Reactions: 4

Yel

I think it's because many people feel invincible and that'll be fine, it's just like all the other ones even though it's very different.

You're probably as much at risk in the UK as most other places, what puts me off going away is being stuck there and not able to get home.

Reactions: 8
I've washed my hands that many times at work today that they are dry and chapped. Then I foolishly put some hand gel on them and it burrrrrrrrrrrrns!

Sainsburies was well stocked tonight. May have bought a couple of extra packs of noodles and tins of beans and some toilet paper, just in case.
Stock up on O'Keefe's hand cream...it is amazing and the only one that doesn't make my dry hands sting.

Today my gym has provided anti bacterial spray and hand gel in each studio and told instructors to ensure everyone uses it before they touch any of the equipment. We have also been told to invest in our own yoga mats as they are much more hygienic.

Today my gym has provided anti bacterial spray and hand gel in each studio and told instructors to ensure everyone uses it before they touch any of the equipment. We have also been told to invest in our own yoga mats as they are much more hygienic.
See I emailed my gym about it and they said they were going to change how they clean things as they only use essential oils. Went to class today and it was still the same essential oil spray that people use at the end of class to wipe things down. Seems a bit stupid to me.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.