Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was just in Aldi and they are now keeping the hand sanitiser gel at the checkout. Max of 2 per customer.
Also the soap shelves are bare, people are resorting to buying baby shampoo as the next best thing.

I had to laugh though when I was at the checkout the girl was saying people need to realise we need others to wash their hands too to stop the spread LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 7
13 cases in my area 😬. Are they not saying how they got it anymore? If it was from traveling or a known case? I can’t seem to find that information
Surely it would make sense and put people at ease if they were to say cases that were from travelling or human to human passing on

13 cases in my area 😬. Are they not saying how they got it anymore? If it was from traveling or a known case? I can’t seem to find that information
Surely it would make sense and put people at ease if they were to say cases that were from travelling or human to human passing on

I went to Superdrug this morning (for non-coronavirus related shopping) and noticed there was just a handful of fancy handwashes left. This was just after the doors opened at 10am. I checked three other shops and two had none at all, one had about 5 bottles left. Toilet paper stock and food seems to be okay at least

I’m actually quite concerned now because I don’t live on mainland UK. Stock takes longer to reach us and I can imagine this getting worse as the virus spreads. I don’t want to panic buy but when this is the situation and we don’t know how long it’ll be like this, it feels like the only option
My local home bargains had none, no loo roll either. I’m not stock pilling but with 3 loo’s and the kitchen I need these items!

Reactions: 1

Yel

133 deaths in Italy in 24 hours, unfortunately it is as bad as we thought.

All the people saying don't worry it's just another virus and just like flu need to start taking it seriously now. Italy has 650 people hospitalised and most will probably need respirators, the health secretary said last week we only had 50 spare beds in the UK with respirators.

• Sad
Reactions: 7

Yel

Two cases in my county now (Dorset) as of today
Family members are in Dorset, the local news says there are cases but nothing listed on the gov website. They seem to update the locations a few days late

Family members are in Dorset, the local news says there are cases but nothing listed on the gov website. They seem to update the locations a few days late
Local gym has released a statement saying they have had a case confirmed in Poole.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
This graph says it all. There's no way to put the genie back in the bottle. Shame on the people here saying this virus wasn't anything to worry about and telling people to just get on as normal!
25703590-0-image-a-2_1583694483817.jpg

Reactions: 2
Really starting to worry now. What does everyone think will actually happen?

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I’m still going skiing next week. I won’t get my money back as the FCO aren’t recommending against travel there, and I’m more likely to catch it on my overcrowded commute or at work or at Costa than in a quiet apartment in a ski resort, going on the ski lifts with my big gloves on ⛷
the only change I’m making is taking dettol wipes for the plane 🤷🏻‍♀️
Obviously if things change in the next week I might reconsider. But got to keep living life!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.