Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d love it if it were June... realistically I think September and possibly much more for some restrictions to be lifted. I think they’ll loosen it then control it again as there will be more than one wave
I’d love for it to be safe enough for the schools to open. A newborn, 4 year old and 8 year old child with adhd all at home together isn’t working so well for me! And once hubby is done with paternity leave he’s dealing with corona stuff so it’s 15 hour days so I’ll be on my own! Yes it’s a very selfish point of view.., that’s just where I’m at today!
I really hope not as long as September that’s a long time to ask people not to see families etc

Reactions: 6
tit.. pets are getting it now too
this really worried me when I read it. I remember reading someone’s account about having C-19 in Wuhan before it was public knowledge and a cat he had visit his apartment died.
I have two cats and they’re my absolute world. My pragmatic head is saying out of the millions of people having C-19 many of them will likely have pets and if it was so common for humans to transmit surely animal deaths would be high too?

tit.. pets are getting it now too
Not being funny but I had breathlessness and sneezing with a snotty nose two weeks ago, at the same time my cat started having these intense sneezing fits I genuinely thought he was having asthma attacks. He's better now, only doing it once a day instead of every half an hour. Wtf.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Just letting this out on here as I'm on week 2 of full isolation with a 2 year old and my brain has already started melting in to nursery rhymes.
I'm pregnant and due at the beginning of June and have been getting increasingly scared of giving birth in a hospital if this is still going on (which let's face it, it will be) a home birth worries me just because my first was 8lb 3oz and I couldnt get her out without help, this one is measuring as if he'll be 8lb 8oz which is scary in itself! Also the thought of potentially not having my partner with me is awful I'd be so emotional just from him missing it. I planned on discussing with my midwife at my next appointment but my drs is now closed and no one seems to know why and when I've messaged the midwife she told me she was off and would get back to me as she didnt even know they were closed! But she hasn't at all yet, does anyone have an opinion on whether I'm being a bit silly resorting to home birth out of fear?

I dont really know what kind of advice I'm hoping to get I just needed to let it out to other adults as my friends and family seem to think everything will be normal by then.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Something that has only struck me over the past few days.. Previously, when they said about people dying alone I assumed it was because they had no family or what-have-you, but it's not. You die alone because no one would be allowed to visit you. You literally would be dying alone. Terribly sad thought.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Has anyone come across this? The yard owner where I keep my horse has sent us all this. I’m not sure if that means our yard is closed tomorrow or not horses still need feeding but she lives there with her family so she has the right too doesn’t she. I’m not sure if it’s just scaremonging. I feel like we’re All living in a nightmare 🙁🙁🙁 I haven’t really been worried as much as I am today proper anxiety about it 🙁

Attachments

Reactions: 2
I have vets in the family. Animals can't get covid 19, they have their own strains of coronavirus.

Reactions: 12
Just letting this out on here as I'm on week 2 of full isolation with a 2 year old and my brain has already started melting in to nursery rhymes.
I'm pregnant and due at the beginning of June and have been getting increasingly scared of giving birth in a hospital if this is still going on (which let's face it, it will be) a home birth worries me just because my first was 8lb 3oz and I couldnt get her out without help, this one is measuring as if he'll be 8lb 8oz which is scary in itself! Also the thought of potentially not having my partner with me is awful I'd be so emotional just from him missing it. I planned on discussing with my midwife at my next appointment but my drs is now closed and no one seems to know why and when I've messaged the midwife she told me she was off and would get back to me as she didnt even know they were closed! But she hasn't at all yet, does anyone have an opinion on whether I'm being a bit silly resorting to home birth out of fear?

I dont really know what kind of advice I'm hoping to get I just needed to let it out to other adults as my friends and family seem to think everything will be normal by then.
I really feel for you hun xx

I think you really need to get hold of your midwife and ask that if you have the same problems as with your first baby would she be able to handle it? I certainly understand your worries about giving birth alone and in hospital. I think your midwife should be your first call and make your decisions from there? But having had 3 babies, I wouldn't desire to give birth alone, myself <3

Reactions: 3

My first got stuck and needed help, 2nd came out in a few pushes and was also nearly 1lb bigger. Hope that reassures you a little 😊

Has anyone come across this? The yard owner where I keep my horse has sent us all this. I’m not sure if that means our yard is closed tomorrow or not horses still need feeding but she lives there with her family so she has the right too doesn’t she. I’m not sure if it’s just scaremonging. I feel like we’re All living in a nightmare 🙁🙁🙁 I haven’t really been worried as much as I am today proper anxiety about it 🙁
I’ve seen this circulating on FB with no known source

Im concerned about the snitching that's going on. For example on Thursday when we all went outside to clap for the NHS, I noticed that my neighbour obviously had her young grandaughter staying the night as she was outside clapping with her. The grandaughter definitely hadn't been there earlier in the week, so she'd gone and collected her after the lockdown was announced. Now some pathetic busbody might have take issue with that, however I know this child's mother is quite frankly a disgrace. Lazy, neglectful casual drug taking, lots of different men passing through the home, ongoing social service involvement etc. That child would is far safer with her loving grandmother than at home with her mum. Yet going by some posts on social media no doubt she should have left the poor child to fend for herself.

Some serious perspective and common sense is needed!

• Sad
Reactions: 26
I googled cat COVID-19 and the first result was from the cats protection charity issuing a statement. I clicked though and they've deleted it.

This was the article from Google cache but wonder why they deleted i?

This is Google's cache of https://www.cats.org.uk/help-and-ad...in-belgium-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on 28 Mar 2020 09:19:05 GMT.

Statement relating to cat in Belgium with possible coronavirus ( COVID-19)
We have recently been made aware of a report from Belgium that a cat owned by a woman with COVID-19 developed symptoms of vomiting, diarrhoea and breathing difficulties and that some type of coronavirus was detected in the cat’s faeces.
There are limited details at present and we do not know what type of test was used or whether the cats symptoms were definitely related to Covid 19 infection.
Luckily the symptoms were transitory. This might be the first possible case of human to cat transmission and if so, is extremely rare.
There is no evidence that cats can transmit COVID-19 to humans and so owners should not worry unnecessarily. As a precaution it is advised that owners should wash their hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling their cat and that people who are infected with COVID-19 should be particularly careful by minimising contact with their pet and washing their hands before and after handling.
As more details become available we will update this statement.

Reactions: 1
My first got stuck and needed help, 2nd came out in a few pushes and was also nearly 1lb bigger. Hope that reassures you a little 😊
Ha your username is killing me 🤣
Wash ya hands ya detty pig 😂

I googled cat COVID-19 and the first result was from the cats protection charity issuing a statement. I clicked though and they've deleted it.

This was the article from Google cache but wonder why they deleted i?

This is Google's cache of https://www.cats.org.uk/help-and-ad...in-belgium-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on 28 Mar 2020 09:19:05 GMT.

Statement relating to cat in Belgium with possible coronavirus ( COVID-19)
We have recently been made aware of a report from Belgium that a cat owned by a woman with COVID-19 developed symptoms of vomiting, diarrhoea and breathing difficulties and that some type of coronavirus was detected in the cat’s faeces.
There are limited details at present and we do not know what type of test was used or whether the cats symptoms were definitely related to Covid 19 infection.
Luckily the symptoms were transitory. This might be the first possible case of human to cat transmission and if so, is extremely rare.
There is no evidence that cats can transmit COVID-19 to humans and so owners should not worry unnecessarily. As a precaution it is advised that owners should wash their hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling their cat and that people who are infected with COVID-19 should be particularly careful by minimising contact with their pet and washing their hands before and after handling.
As more details become available we will update this statement.
I found it on the website still under cat care / covid-19 / at the bottom (won’t let me link)

https://www.cats.org.uk/help-and-ad...g-to-cat-in-belgium-with-coronavirus-covid-19

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5

My baby was measuring 8lb10 .... he came out weighing 7lb 13oz. He was my 3rd but my 1st was born by forceps and my second birth was the easiest of the lot so try not to worry about that bit as that may not affect you in the way you think it will. But prepare yourself for the fact a home birth may not happen. If you’ve kind of accepted it in your head it’ll be a bonus if it does happen. Hope it all goes well

Ha your username is killing me 🤣
Wash ya hands ya detty pig 😂

I found it on the website still under cat care / covid-19 / at the bottom (won’t let me link)
Haha thanks. Been stalking these threads since the early days and thought I would finally join, wash your hands you detty pig was the first thing that came to mind 🤦‍♀️😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Im concerned about the snitching that's going on. For example on Thursday when we all went outside to clap for the NHS, I noticed that my neighbour obviously had her young grandaughter staying the night as she was outside clapping with her. The grandaughter definitely hadn't been there earlier in the week, so she'd gone and collected her after the lockdown was announced. Now some pathetic busbody might have take issue with that, however I know this child's mother is quite frankly a disgrace. Lazy, neglectful casual drug taking, lots of different men passing through the home, ongoing social service involvement etc. That child would is far safer with her loving grandmother than at home with her mum. Yet going by some posts on social media no doubt she should have left the poor child to fend for herself.

Some serious perspective and common sense is needed!
I’m sure if the police came to check and she explained about her daughter they would accept it. In fact during one of the press conferences the deputy CMO was asked if two parents of young children became ill and couldn’t look after their children what could they do and she said a family member could come and take them to their house in these circumstances.

Reactions: 5
Ah maybe they've just moved it.

I think it's important to remember there's a big difference between "no reliable evidence to confirm" and something that's been proven to be false.

Like everything with this virus so little is known, .

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.