Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Im concerned about the snitching that's going on. For example on Thursday when we all went outside to clap for the NHS, I noticed that my neighbour obviously had her young grandaughter staying the night as she was outside clapping with her. The grandaughter definitely hadn't been there earlier in the week, so she'd gone and collected her after the lockdown was announced. Now some pathetic busbody might have take issue with that, however I know this child's mother is quite frankly a disgrace. Lazy, neglectful casual drug taking, lots of different men passing through the home, ongoing social service involvement etc. That child would is far safer with her loving grandmother than at home with her mum. Yet going by some posts on social media no doubt she should have left the poor child to fend for herself.

Some serious perspective and common sense is needed!
I think this is ok because they were saying the other day couples who have split up they can still take turns looking after the kids in their separate houses. The guidelines keep changing daily I just want life to go back to normal 😭😭

Reactions: 3
Ah maybe they've just moved it.

I think it's important to remember there's a big difference between "no reliable evidence to confirm" and something that's been proven to be false.

Like everything with this virus so little is known, .
I agree, and I think if this was the case then it would be quite obvious with so many pet deaths too!
Plus, I believe someone (sorry I forgot user name!) said that they had vets in the family and they don’t believe it can be transmitted.
So 🤞🏻 and hopefully they’ve just got some wrong info

Reactions: 4
Just letting this out on here as I'm on week 2 of full isolation with a 2 year old and my brain has already started melting in to nursery rhymes.
I'm pregnant and due at the beginning of June and have been getting increasingly scared of giving birth in a hospital if this is still going on (which let's face it, it will be) a home birth worries me just because my first was 8lb 3oz and I couldnt get her out without help, this one is measuring as if he'll be 8lb 8oz which is scary in itself! Also the thought of potentially not having my partner with me is awful I'd be so emotional just from him missing it. I planned on discussing with my midwife at my next appointment but my drs is now closed and no one seems to know why and when I've messaged the midwife she told me she was off and would get back to me as she didnt even know they were closed! But she hasn't at all yet, does anyone have an opinion on whether I'm being a bit silly resorting to home birth out of fear?

I dont really know what kind of advice I'm hoping to get I just needed to let it out to other adults as my friends and family seem to think everything will be normal by then.
This article is from the Guardian.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
It is where most of the big supermarket warehouses are in northern England so it is to lessen the distance and speed up deliveries to stores (or that is what it meant here in Spain)

Not that Spanish supermarkets store goods in N England! :ROFLMAO:
It's to help with supplies for vulnerable. And coffins 🙄

Just letting this out on here as I'm on week 2 of full isolation with a 2 year old and my brain has already started melting in to nursery rhymes.
I'm pregnant and due at the beginning of June and have been getting increasingly scared of giving birth in a hospital if this is still going on (which let's face it, it will be) a home birth worries me just because my first was 8lb 3oz and I couldnt get her out without help, this one is measuring as if he'll be 8lb 8oz which is scary in itself! Also the thought of potentially not having my partner with me is awful I'd be so emotional just from him missing it. I planned on discussing with my midwife at my next appointment but my drs is now closed and no one seems to know why and when I've messaged the midwife she told me she was off and would get back to me as she didnt even know they were closed! But she hasn't at all yet, does anyone have an opinion on whether I'm being a bit silly resorting to home birth out of fear?

I dont really know what kind of advice I'm hoping to get I just needed to let it out to other adults as my friends and family seem to think everything will be normal by then.
I’m pregnant too due in a few week, as far as I’m aware all home births have been cancelled

• Sad
Here is something that's annoying me that I dont think has been mentioned, junk mail!!! It annoys me enough on a good day but I really wish they would cut it out now, bad enough the poor postman is having to still go around touching every letterbox everywhere to deliver important mail, but dominos leaflets?? Makes me not want to order ever again. Sorry just received some junk mail and put it straight into recycling and had a mini meltdown about the germs whilst scrubbing my hands....

• Haha
Reactions: 19
So I've just been to my supermarket and everyone has to queue up outside before you can go in! Are they taking the piss, I thought the whole idea was you get in and out as fast as possible to avoid being infected but now you've got to queue with a load of people. :mad:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I just read 260 deaths?!?
Shocking and scary isn't it!

I've just quit my job as can't do it, my anxiety is bad enough at home without being in and out of pharmacies all week. Those that are working front line really do have my utmost respect!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
So I've just been to my supermarket and everyone has to queue up outside before you can go in! Are they taking the piss, I thought the whole idea was you get in and out as fast as possible to avoid being infected but now you've got to queue with a load of people. :mad:
Are they not social spacing? My husband had to queue yesterday because they were trying to keep the tills as quiet as possible

Reactions: 3
The idea is less inside the supermarket at a time which would be harder to control than a socially spaced que. That and its safer for the people that work there. I guess that's why.

Reactions: 6
Are they not social spacing? My husband had to queue yesterday because they were trying to keep the tills as quiet as possible
wasnt that much spaced apart I didnt even queue I went to my local Co-op and got my bits instead.

anxiety is so bad today suddenly 😞 Think it’s all just hitting me today.
I'm feeling the same! I quit my job as my anxiety is so bad. My house is full of sore throats so I'm freaking out a bit now!

• Sad
Reactions: 5
The idea is less inside the supermarket at a time which would be harder to control than a socially spaced que. That and its safer for the people that work there. I guess that's why.
yes but a supermarket is massive its not like a small shop where you cant avoid people.

As they’re using all these venues as ICU hospitals - does anyone else think they’ll never be able to go to those venues ever again?

I literally couldn’t ever go inside them without thinking of those who lost their lives there.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.