Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As before, links you might find useful....

(GOV.UK)
www.gov.uk

(NHS advice about COVID-19)
www.nhs.uk

(World Health Organisation)
www.who.int

(Total cases - U.K. numbers)
www.arcgis.com

Geographical distribution of COVID-19 cases globally. The data is updated daily.
www.ecdc.europa.eu

COVID-19 MAP (google maps)
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mid=1yCPR-ukAgE55sROnmBUFmtLN6riVLTu3&hl=en_GB

(Previous threads
coronavirus)
Users are encouraged to use our support threads if you’re struggling, feeling overwhelmed or lonely, remember nobody here is qualified to give medical/psychological advice and we’re all just here to support each other 🙂

Reactions: 5
has anyone noticed supermarket adverts have been taken off the tv? or do i just skip through them too quickly 😂

Reactions: 3
has anyone noticed (as they should) supermarket adverts have been taken off the tv? or do i just skip through them too quickly 😂
Asda have made a new advert saying we are in this together, please be considerate etc.

Reactions: 20
Asda have made a new advert saying we are in this together, please be considerate etc.
my husband said in Morrison’s on their tannoy they say violence and abuse towards staff will not being tolerated too. so sad they have to say that. people should stop being so inconsiderate.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
Re low german figures, a long article in the mail. But basically they're testing everyone even with very mild symptoms whereas Italy are stretched and only testing the most seriously ill. Doesn't mean the German system is performing exceptionally well at treating people.

The true death rate of the coronavirus is unknown three months into the global outbreak because of differences in testing programmes and hospital capacity in countries around the world. Germany's low death rate has been attributed to rigorous testing of patients with even mild illnesses, but the epidemic there is still in its early days so more people are likely to die in the coming weeks. In Italy, however, hospitals are overwhelmed and testing is struggling to keep up, meaning that many of the people who get diagnosed are already seriously ill and more likely to die, pushing the death rate up. In the UK only hospital patients are tested, which makes the death rate (5.2 per cent) inaccurate because it only reflects deaths among seriously ill people.

What is the REAL death rate for the coronavirus?

Reactions: 4
This is a good interview! Dr. Fauci without his orange side kick.
Especially good for anyone looking to order Nando’s tonight... (is Nando’s open 🙄 I hate Nando’s.. off topic 😂🤣)

Reactions: 1
my husband said in Morrison’s on their tannoy they say violence and abuse towards staff will not being tolerated too. so sad they have to say that. people should stop being so inconsiderate.
I was in Morrison’s yesterday and the staff were congregating in very close groups to gossip and stopping to talk to their customer friends. No 2m rules for them!

Nando’s is closed 😁

• Angry
Reactions: 7
Experts are saying the measures are working and UK death toll expected to fall from 56,000 to 5,600 ?

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Nando’s is closed 😁
Obviously not good it’s closed but....
It’s literally just chicken. Get to duck with the “cheeky” everybody. 🙂

Totally off topic but I’ve just been added to a group chat by a 76 year old 😂🤣 I feel weird.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Please don’t jump on me

Pregnant 25 weeks I have been on the house for nearly 2 weeks now 😩 I am cracking up I desperately need to do a food shop and was just going to sending my husband again. But I am cracking up!!! I just want to pick my own shopping and get out the house.

Would you risk it!??

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Please don’t jump on me

Pregnant 25 weeks I have been on the house for nearly 2 weeks now 😩 I am cracking up I desperately need to do a food shop and was just going to sending my husband again. But I am cracking up!!! I just want to pick my own shopping and get out the house.

Would you risk it!??
I feel your pain, but I don’t think this post is going to end well....no don’t go ...why would you risk it ?

Reactions: 13
Have we established if we can still go out for exercise? I’ve been in all week and my hubs and is a key worker stuck inside as well. We wanted to go for a walk around the block today.

Reactions: 2
Experts are saying the measures are working and UK death toll expected to fall from 56,000 to 5,600 ?
I was speaking to my friend (who has a Masters in Economics) about this and he said it’s possible but there are certain things that can’t be (or would be difficult to be) taken into account with the model being used (or any model). Like it would be hard to take into consideration the level of pressure the NHS will suddenly be under. Also the model would involve a lot of assumptions, like XX% of the population following the government advice properly. Educated assumptions, but assumptions all the same

I hope they’re right. Imperial College statisticians estimated 5,700 and I’d like to think that’s accurate, coming from a prestigious university

Reactions: 8
I feel your pain, but I don’t think this post is going to end well....no don’t go ...why would you risk it ?
I really defo don’t think I will as I have been like an obsessive mad woman cleaning every inch of my house al day long.
But my husband has still got to go out and do it regardless is it still not putting me at risk?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.