Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please don’t jump on me

Pregnant 25 weeks I have been on the house for nearly 2 weeks now 😩 I am cracking up I desperately need to do a food shop and was just going to sending my husband again. But I am cracking up!!! I just want to pick my own shopping and get out the house.

Would you risk it!??

Personally no I wouldn’t. I did my first ever online supermarket shop yesterday with Asda (as they had quiet a few delivery slots). It’s just not worth that risk.

Have we established if we can still go out for exercise? I’ve been in all week and my hubs and is a key worker stuck inside as well. We wanted to go for a walk around the block today.
Until it’s officially announced we’re not to go out for exercise, I think it’s okay. Make the most of it

Reactions: 12
I was speaking to my friend (who has a Masters in Economics) about this and he said it’s possible but there are certain things that can’t be (or would be difficult to be) taken into account with the model being used (or any model). Like it would be hard to take into consideration the level of pressure the NHS will suddenly be under. Also the model would involve a lot of assumptions, like XX% of the population following the government advice properly. Educated assumptions, but assumptions all the same

I hope they’re right. Imperial College statisticians estimated 5,700 and I’d like to think that’s accurate, coming from a prestigious university
It was Tom Pike from the Imperial College said it ..blame him 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Please don’t jump on me

Pregnant 25 weeks I have been on the house for nearly 2 weeks now 😩 I am cracking up I desperately need to do a food shop and was just going to sending my husband again. But I am cracking up!!! I just want to pick my own shopping and get out the house.

Would you risk it!??
Nope. Walk around the block. Much less chance of coming into contact with somebody. Sorry. This wont be forever. You've got this x

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I really defo don’t think I will as I have been like an obsessive mad woman cleaning every inch of my house al day long.
But my husband has still got to go out and do it regardless is it still not putting me at risk?
Someone has to go out and Food shop, as he is at less risk it makes sense it’s him. There is risk everywhere, even if you had a home delivery (of shopping not of baby!) . He just needs to follow the guidelines. IMO it’s definitely a safer option for him to go.

Reactions: 6
Someone has to go out and Food shop, as he is at less risk it makes sense it’s him. There is risk everywhere, even if you had a home delivery (of shopping not of baby!) . He just needs to follow the guidelines. IMO it’s definitely a safer option for him to go.
Thankyou. I think I just needed to vent abit lol. He is more fan capable and I’ve been coping really well. Today I feel just claustraphobic lol and need to get out haha

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Re low german figures, a long article in the mail. But basically they're testing everyone even with very mild symptoms whereas Italy are stretched and only testing the most seriously ill. Doesn't mean the German system is performing exceptionally well at treating people.

The true death rate of the coronavirus is unknown three months into the global outbreak because of differences in testing programmes and hospital capacity in countries around the world. Germany's low death rate has been attributed to rigorous testing of patients with even mild illnesses, but the epidemic there is still in its early days so more people are likely to die in the coming weeks. In Italy, however, hospitals are overwhelmed and testing is struggling to keep up, meaning that many of the people who get diagnosed are already seriously ill and more likely to die, pushing the death rate up. In the UK only hospital patients are tested, which makes the death rate (5.2 per cent) inaccurate because it only reflects deaths among seriously ill people.
This is the same for the common flu, which makes it inaccurate when Trump is quoting mortality figures as a comparison to minimise the impact of CV19.
I don't think we will know a more accurate number of deaths caused by CV19 for a while yet.

This is a good interview! Dr. Fauci without his orange side kick.
Especially good for anyone looking to order Nando’s tonight... (is Nando’s open 🙄 I hate Nando’s.. off topic 😂🤣)
Dr. Fauci's facial expressions during a press conference are everything, the look of disbelief and suppressing a smile while the orange buffoon spouts medical nonsense are amusing.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Thankyou. I think I just needed to vent abit lol. He is more fan capable and I’ve been coping really well. Today I feel just claustraphobic lol and need to get out haha
it will stand you in good stead for when you are home with a newborn 👶😂😂

Reactions: 5
So going for a walk isnt allowed now....see I told you they keep changing the rules.
they’ve banned walking? Since when? 😳

South African police enforcing a coronavirus lockdown, fired rubber bullets towards hundreds of shoppers queueing outside a supermarket in Johannesburg, an AFP photographer said.

wow.

• Wow
Obviously not good it’s closed but....
It’s literally just chicken. Get to duck with the “cheeky” everybody. 🙂

Totally off topic but I’ve just been added to a group chat by a 76 year old 😂🤣 I feel weird.
Do they work for RTE:unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Please don’t jump on me

Would you risk it!??
No, I wouldn't. I am sure there are people in here who would tell you to go - you need to think of this virus like a drunk driver, would you get into a car with one? If so then go, if not then don't go because your odds of getting the virus is 1000 times more than being in a crash with a drunk driver - your call hun x

Please don’t jump on me

Would you risk it!??
I wouldn't risk it if you don't have to. Pop out for a walk instead....you'd be surprised how a bit of fresh air and the sun on your face can change your mood (obvs social distance!) xxx

Reactions: 7
Definitely going to go to my 28 week antenatal appointment on monday.. Have woken today with weak muscles, breathless and dizzy if i get up to do anything. Cant get off sofa. Bit worried 😕 hoping its just symptoms of anemia

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.