Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Looboo

Chatty Member
Is the test different in the UK? Here it is a big cotton swab up the back of the nose?
Cotton swab is to see if you have it, the blood test referred to is one which they hope to have ready sometime soon and if will test whether you have antibodies (ie whether you’ve previously had the virus) x

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I'm going in circles on the internet trying to find info - my sons partner who is asthmatic is self isolating with her 22 month old daughter. My son has been working away and is due home at any moment. Does he need to self isolate with her or can he continue to work? He has no medical problems and is well under 70.
Is she self isolating as she has coronavirus symptoms? Has he been working abroad?

50sGirl

VIP Member
Mine text to cancel my next appointment yesterday, I told her I would be the first one through the door when this is all over. Gods knows I’ll need it 😂

I really hope this is true. I have an appointment with my asthma nurse tomorrow (no idea if it will still be in person or over the phone) but I will ask her about this and let you all know.
My friend posted it and she used to work in the surgery pharmacy and says it’s true. Good luck.

Jg182

I work in a fairly large building with various different companies (office based) and the building remains open. We've been told to remain coming into the office unless we live with someone vulnerable or develop symptoms ourselves. My job can be done from home, do you think I should refuse to go in?
my oh is in a very similar situation. Big office building a few thousand work there from diff companies. He Is working from home. But his 3 managers went in end of last week, like they are trying to prove some kind of point. He’s had phone calls from other staff members who are staying at home. They are perfectly able to work from home, and they are all putting in extra hours with no overtime pay to help keep the company going.

Notothefakes

VIP Member
I'm sorry if this is a bit TMI... however, I wish people would stop panic buying. I'm really concerned about where I'm going to buy pads. Can't find any anywhere & everywhere is sold out... :(
This is my worry after the baby is born! I bought enough for a couple of weeks thinking oh by then I’ll be able to get out and about and it’s only just occurred to me now I’m going to need more 😭

Smallpotato

VIP Member
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Charcoal-R...=1584826296&sprefix=reusavke+sanitary+&sr=8-3 in all seriousness though considering buying some of these, all the sanitary products were out of stock when I done my online shop due to arrive the 29th so hopefully they get stock by then
I use these at the start of my period. Helped a lot this month.

This is my worry after the baby is born! I bought enough for a couple of weeks thinking oh by then I’ll be able to get out and about and it’s only just occurred to me now I’m going to need more 😭
if You’re still struggling, I can send you some!

Argento

You're right about the air pollution in that region of Italy, but Spain's figures are on track to be similar and they dont have the same hotbeds of pollution so there's more at play.

We don't know yet but with how people are still mixing when Italy shut down areas when they had less fatalities than we do now, we sure are different.

We only have 2% less people over 70 in the UK compared to Italy.

Seeing as our hospitals are less equipped than northern Italian ones I don't share your optimism. But we'll soon know
There is also some debate about the recording of deaths from Italy. There is some suggestion that every death in hospitals is being recorded as a coronavirus death.