Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ministers are calling for all hairdressers to shut ...for those worried about their barnet💈

• Haha
Reactions: 5
One of my closest friends is coming home from university tomorrow - she’s a student nurse but obviously her university has closed and teaching will be done online. She’ll be going back to working as a HCA in the local hospital and I’m worried for her as we have a significant elderly population here and I think she’ll witness some awful things over the next few weeks/months. I know I shouldn’t be as I’ve already heard horror stories about the situations she’s had to deal with before this, but I can’t help it. She’s a clinical sort of person with emotions but at 22 she just seems so young

No real point to posting this besides letting it out. The way some people are acting and the disregard they’re showing for their and other people’s lives is just shocking when there’s people like her around who are willing to work all hours and risk their physical & mental health for the sake of humanity
we are fast tracking the student nurses to become HCSWs.

Reactions: 1
Ministers are calling for all hairdressers to shut ...for those worried about their barnet💈
I’ve just had a trim but the child is already resembling the early stages of being raised by wolves and due a cut 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The one I was going to go to next week has already closed. I had a consultation there two weeks ago.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
My son was meant to have his first haircut this week. I cancelled it myself but the salon closed.
Going to attempt it myself at some point...

He can’t see right now 😂

• Haha
Youve misunderstood what I've said.

The companies will close and let their staff go. The government will pay 80% of their wages as long as they take them back on when they reopen. If they don't take them back on, the businesses have to pay back the 80%.

It's not a permant letting go of staff but a temporary one until its safe to reopen fully.

This way, non essential businesses can close without staff worrying about money and have the security of a job when they reopen.

The very same businesses also have help sobtheu can reopen.

I'm baffled as to how you can't understand this?

How can you really think they want people to keep their non essential businesses open when they want people to isolate as much as possible, not still be able to go clothes shopping, or go to a cafe or a pub.

All non essential businesses will be closed soon and people can't seem to understand this and this is why no one is isolating because they don't think its serious.
I am baffled that the concept of working from home passed you by?

Some businesses will have a situation where due to differing role requirements some staff can continue to work from home but others cannot. For example, I have a friend who works for a company who have closed down production but moved customer service to home working.

You have stated that the local authority have advised you will only be able to claim the 80% if you close the business down. This may be 100% correct in your situation but is not necessarily the case for all businesses. I assumed (possibly wrongly but definitley reasonably ) that part of the intention of your post was to share information that might be helpful. But in giving that information and more emphatically in your response to my post you have assumed that what is true in your situation will be true for every other business. I quote 'All non essential businesses will be closed soon.'

My challenge, and it is a logical one, is that it would not seem to make sense to force businesses that could continue in some capacity to have to shut down completely in order to be allowed to claim the 80%. This lead me to the web search I mentioned during which I could not find anything that gave clarity, hence then stating the government will probably give more clarity in coming days.

I have no desire to engage in an internet spat with you and I wish you, your business and your employees good luck and good health at this difficult time but to so wilfully misconstrue what was a fairly innocuous post by making extrapolations from what it didn't say rather than what it did say necessitated response and clarification.

Be safe, be well

My gay best friend sent me an array of photos to see if I thought he should go clean shaven or grow it if this happened 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
nice to see my neighbours adhering to social isolation. 2 lots have just had family turn up including babies and children. Dumb fucks like this are why we’ll be in lockdown 🙄😡🤦🏻‍♀️
My neighbours are exactly the same 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2
The plus side of cancelling hair and beauty appointments is at least we can’t go out so nobody can see us 😂 I can’t even get my children to get dressed today. Best I managed was a clean pair of pyjamas for them 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I work in a fairly large building with various different companies (office based) and the building remains open. We've been told to remain coming into the office unless we live with someone vulnerable or develop symptoms ourselves. My job can be done from home, do you think I should refuse to go in?
I’m in exactly the same boat, my daughter is on immunosuppressants - kidney transplant & I have asthma but my employer is expecting us to work and carry like normal next week. They are looking into home working but the technology isn’t available yet, could be a while yet. My work is a charity on loads of floors and other businesses also share our building. I was avoiding the lifts this week and tried to distance myself but I’m putting my daughter at risk and myself.

• Sad
I have to post things for my business, am I okay to go to the post office or do I close up completely?
Have you tried one of the courier companies like hermes? They pick them up from your address.

Don’t know how you can say that tbh. Old people are flouting the rules as much as any other age group. Unless you’ve followed each individual person around, and know what precautions they’ve been taking - making a blanket statement like that is unfair
You don't know how I can say what?

I am fully aware that older people are flouting the recommendations and advice (they're not yet rules, like they are now in Italy and Spain) but the fact is, when doctors are having to make the choice on who gets a ventilator, they look it at it from the viewpoint of "who has the most life left to live? Who has the better chance at recovery?" And that will be the young people.

I think you misunderstood me. I'm talking about people who are meeting up with friends in large groups both young and old, having house parties, having days out to the seaside and arcades like it's the summer holidays and going out for non-essential things like the hairdressers, tattoos and fitness classes.

I would stay at home. Not because there is anything wrong with you, but because a) you did have a cough b) Your management are getting a large group of you in a small room - wtf? Don't they listen to the news? and c) Since you are employed and have a contract, the Gov't will pay 80% of your wages, so if your bosses need the place painted they can do it them bloody selves! However, do not approach said management with that cranky attitude, :LOL: you tell your bosses that you have a cough and need to self isolate for 7 or 14 days. I hope your cough was like mine and just down to dehydration. Drink lots of water today x
My employer have said we are NOT entitled to the 80 percent as we are still open to work (same situation as poster) that they are NOT breaking gov guidelines as the guide I'd less than 100 in a room. If we do t go in for our contracted hours we don't get paid.

• Sad
I’m not having a go at you (promise) but I’m genuinely baffled at how any hairdresser would think it sensible/reasonable/responsible to remain open after the cafes and restaurants were forcibly closed a few days ago.

Surely it’s completely impossible to cut someone’s hair while maintaining a safe distance (2m?). I‘m crap with measurements but someone said to me that it’s basically the length of a broomstick. I guess owners want/need the income but surely the government have put enough stuff in place for them to close for a temporary period? Maybe not. It just feels to me that if you owned a salon right now you’d shut it down even just for the ethical reasons?

I do have moments of feeling sorry for the people in charge (fleeting moments...don’t worry!) as it feels like there are large numbers of people that have had a common sense bypass or something? Jesus people......now is NOT the time for a bleeping hair cut.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve just had a trim but the child is already resembling the early stages of being raised by wolves and due a cut 😂
Probably going to be hundreds of kids with iffy haircuts around when parents are let loose with the scissors😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m in exactly the same boat, my daughter is on immunosuppressants - kidney transplant & I have asthma but my employer is expecting us to work and carry like normal next week. They are looking into home working but the technology isn’t available yet, could be a while yet. My work is a charity on loads of floors and other businesses also share our building. I was avoiding the lifts this week and tried to distance myself but I’m putting my daughter at risk and myself.
A local GP has just posted a list of the "at risk" group ,you both fall under that category and should be self isolating..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.