Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mummy2under2

VIP Member
Listening to him he sounds like he has tonsillitis (I was plagued as kid to the point I had it monthly and they removed them) and they’re certainly larger than normal having just checked but no spots. He’s eating and drinking and absolutely no issues with breathing or cough. He’s very rarely ill, only ever had 1 sickness bug and even then didn’t vomit. Usually I don’t worry but now I am 😫
Ahhh I can relate... Had mine removed in 2012.
Bless him...i remember when I suffered badly that icelollies were my best friend, they were so soothing. Have you got any or do you have anything you can use to make some homemade ones? They'll keep his fluid up as well as soothe his throat.
Tbh though it sounds like he could use some ibuprofen to reduce any swelling... Maybe give 111 a call to see if they'd recommend giving him any as he doesn't have a cough to indicate first signs of CV!?
I can understand your worried, anyone would be at the moment.
❤

Parttimegossip

Anyone have any clue where to get cleaning supplies?

I’ve nearly ran out and as I currently have to go to work, I need to clean my desk daily and I’ve nearly ran out. Been nearly 2 weeks since I saw anything in supermarkets and now don’t want to be going from shop to shop searching 🙈

We have a family chalet in Cornwall: we were thinking of still going on our Easter break down there for a week.

It’s in a place that has the most enormous expansive beaches, it’s not particularly popular like eg st ives, polzeath etc, and we barely bump into people during the high season as it is. we’d just take our supplies for the week, hole up in the chalet and be self-catering for the entire time.

Thoughts?

Nicnac

I'm going in circles on the internet trying to find info - my sons partner who is asthmatic is self isolating with her 22 month old daughter. My son has been working away and is due home at any moment. Does he need to self isolate with her or can he continue to work? He has no medical problems and is well under 70.

Jane565

Chatty Member
Thank you.
Wow, so according to that list my dad isn’t classed as vulnerable so I’ve been worrying unnecessarily! 🤔 🙄
I mean he only has kidney failure, heart failure, pacemaker, damaged lungs, over 80 and has one leg so is confined to a wheelchair. He’s a (non)walking miracle! 😁
Great news! I might take him to the seaside tomorrow and we can go on the dodgems! 🎡
But theres a less vulnerable list so im sorry but i think he would be classed as that.
67AA4E42-CAE8-4BAA-8B91-6CE9E45D5258.png

Argento

Youve misunderstood what I've said.

The companies will close and let their staff go. The government will pay 80% of their wages as long as they take them back on when they reopen. If they don't take them back on, the businesses have to pay back the 80%.

It's not a permant letting go of staff but a temporary one until its safe to reopen fully.

This way, non essential businesses can close without staff worrying about money and have the security of a job when they reopen.

The very same businesses also have help sobtheu can reopen.

I'm baffled as to how you can't understand this?

How can you really think they want people to keep their non essential businesses open when they want people to isolate as much as possible, not still be able to go clothes shopping, or go to a cafe or a pub.

All non essential businesses will be closed soon and people can't seem to understand this and this is why no one is isolating because they don't think its serious.
I am baffled that the concept of working from home passed you by?

Some businesses will have a situation where due to differing role requirements some staff can continue to work from home but others cannot. For example, I have a friend who works for a company who have closed down production but moved customer service to home working.

You have stated that the local authority have advised you will only be able to claim the 80% if you close the business down. This may be 100% correct in your situation but is not necessarily the case for all businesses. I assumed (possibly wrongly but definitley reasonably ) that part of the intention of your post was to share information that might be helpful. But in giving that information and more emphatically in your response to my post you have assumed that what is true in your situation will be true for every other business. I quote 'All non essential businesses will be closed soon.'

My challenge, and it is a logical one, is that it would not seem to make sense to force businesses that could continue in some capacity to have to shut down completely in order to be allowed to claim the 80%. This lead me to the web search I mentioned during which I could not find anything that gave clarity, hence then stating the government will probably give more clarity in coming days.

I have no desire to engage in an internet spat with you and I wish you, your business and your employees good luck and good health at this difficult time but to so wilfully misconstrue what was a fairly innocuous post by making extrapolations from what it didn't say rather than what it did say necessitated response and clarification.

Be safe, be well

Smallpotato

VIP Member
My MIL has pretty much told me to roll up my sleeves and get back on the wards. She’s totally misunderstanding what I’m saying.

eSsExBiRd

VIP Member
I'm sorry if this is a bit TMI... however, I wish people would stop panic buying. I'm really concerned about where I'm going to buy pads. Can't find any anywhere & everywhere is sold out... :(
I managed to grab the last Pack yesterday and my monthly arrived today. I prefer tampons but only have Super + so needs must.

Bexlouell

I work in a fairly large building with various different companies (office based) and the building remains open. We've been told to remain coming into the office unless we live with someone vulnerable or develop symptoms ourselves. My job can be done from home, do you think I should refuse to go in?

charlie6578

I'm sorry if this is a bit TMI... however, I wish people would stop panic buying. I'm really concerned about where I'm going to buy pads. Can't find any anywhere & everywhere is sold out... :(
superdrug have some online for click and collect if you have a store nearby

Foxy86

Chatty Member
Bit silly but if we go into lockdown do you think online orders will still come?

*that's on behalf of somone