Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All the ones in our town have already closed. I am thanking god I had a hair cut and brows done a couple of weeks ago
I joke I joke. My eyesight is tit thou i wont even notice a stray brow when it happens
Blissful ignorance
We'll all be emerging like "Captain Caveman" when It's all over 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Is the test different in the UK? Here it is a big cotton swab up the back of the nose?
Cotton swab is to see if you have it, the blood test referred to is one which they hope to have ready sometime soon and if will test whether you have antibodies (ie whether you’ve previously had the virus) x

I know there are a few asthmatics on here.
I don’t think this has been posted before but it’s certainly worth knowing.

View attachment 98672

Just found this online....
⚠️
We have been made aware of some inaccurate information circulating regarding special ‘rescue packs’ for patients with pre-existing respiratory conditions such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).

Please do not contact your GP practice for a rescue pack. You should continue to manage your condition in the usual way and if you feel you have symptoms of COVID-19, go to https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19 before doing anything else

• Sad
Reactions: 7
If you really ask questions like “should I go here”
Or “should I do this etc” then you probably shouldn’t be doing it, no one here has the answers & don’t expect anyone to advise you. The same information is all out there for us.

Reactions: 10
Mine text to cancel my next appointment yesterday, I told her I would be the first one through the door when this is all over. Gods knows I’ll need it 😂

I really hope this is true. I have an appointment with my asthma nurse tomorrow (no idea if it will still be in person or over the phone) but I will ask her about this and let you all know.
My friend posted it and she used to work in the surgery pharmacy and says it’s true. Good luck.

Apologies for quoting my own post, but someone has said at least compost isn’t rationed - you know things are really bad once they do that!
Another member has agreed with me - interestingly she is younger than me.
What is wrong with the older generation?
Are they not watching the news?
Are they living in a parallel universe to the rest of us?
I think some of them just have accepted if I die I die. "When it's my time it's my time" or "God plans when we enter this world and when leave" for some it gives comfort to believe that their life has been planned. It's sad but even I as a young person it crosses my mind I just don't care about my life anymore. (I know you still have to be careful for others though)

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Just found this online....
⚠️
We have been made aware of some inaccurate information circulating regarding special ‘rescue packs’ for patients with pre-existing respiratory conditions such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).

Please do not contact your GP practice for a rescue pack. You should continue to manage your condition in the usual way and if you feel you have symptoms of COVID-19, go to https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19 before doing anything else
My friend worked at the pharmacy and says they gave them out which is why I felt confident in posting it.
Perhaps they are being inundated, I don’t know.

Reactions: 3
I'm paranoid to even order takeaway, you don't know if someone has coughed whilst preparing it 🤷‍♀️ is that being over the top? 😩

Also this picture made me lol
I know, I'm slightly freaking out I did, is everyone wiping every tin, bottle, jar, packet thats coming in their house? 😩

Reactions: 1
I know, I'm slightly freaking out I did, is everyone wiping every tin, bottle, jar, packet thats coming in their house? 😩
I’ve been wondering this too - like when my online food shop arrives should I clean it 😂 I sound mad but it’s a genuine concern.

Reactions: 2

Sorry if this has already been posted but do we think that this means just the elderly or also those with underlying conditions?

Also, I think lockdown is coming ASAP if the army are going to be helping deliver food.
From what the Scottish Government is saying at least, it means those with underlying health conditions as well, not just the elderly.

I’ve been wondering this too - like when my online food shop arrives should I clean it 😂 I sound mad but it’s a genuine concern.
I noticed Supermarket checkout staff are now wearing gloves when they scan your shopping so I presume they do the same on an online shop?

Reactions: 4
I would. Its difficult to remember to do all the time, but just a wipe with a paper towel that has some diluted bleach on it helps. New paper towel for each item, obvs.

Excuse me if I’m ignorant but what does a coronavirus have to do with how humans have been using the world’s resources? Celebrities chat utter rubbish sometimes.

Idris Elba: coronavirus is world's response to 'damage' by humans
Idris Elba has suggested the coronavirus pandemic is the planet's response to being "damaged" by humanity.
Elba revealed he had tested positive for the virus on Tuesday and has since been in self-isolation with his wife Sabrina Dhowre.
In a video interview with Oprah Winfrey, he said it is "really obvious" to him that the outbreak is the world crying out.
Dhowre also confirmed she had tested positive for the virus.
Elba said: "One of the upsides of this whole drama is that we are forced to think together as a race.
"Our world has been taking a kicking. We have damaged our world and it's no surprise that our world is reacting to the human race.
"It is no surprise that a virus has been created that is going to slow us down, and ultimately make us think differently about our world and ourselves."

Reactions: 4
I would. Its difficult to remember to do all the time, but just a wipe with a paper towel that has some diluted bleach on it helps. New paper towel for each item, obvs.
Well I guess I’ve got time to do that now anyway! Thank you, I will do that.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.