Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #114

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went out this afternoon after the announcement and there were a lot less masks than last week
Yeah noticed it today in shops and on transport. Nobody will be trying to enforce anything now.

Reactions: 6
Nearly 2 years on and you still don’t know how to read numbers properly
It's incredible after nearly two years that people still don't understand that you compare stats to the same day in weeks gone by and not compare them to the cases of the past few days. People will try and put a downer on that the UK and especially England will be the first western country to show the world how to live with covid without any restrictions. It's going to kill the fame and money tree of so many in the medical profession who have profited out of the pandemic by selling PPE, going on TV and in many cases writing books which I don't know how these busy medics found the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It's incredible after nearly two years that people still don't understand that you compare stats to the same day in weeks gone by and not compare them to the cases of the past few days. People will try and put a downer on that the UK and especially England will be the first western country to show the world how to live with covid without any restrictions. It's going to kill the fame and money tree of so many in the medical profession who have profited out of the pandemic by selling PPE, going on TV and in many cases writing books which I don't know how these busy medics found the time.
Week on week there has been a decrease but day to day there has been an increase over the past few days. I don’t think we’re doing anything special - if anything Boris is only doing this to deflect from his mistakes and incompetence, to try and gain back some popularity. A complete laughing stock.

Reactions: 6
I went out this afternoon after the announcement and there were a lot less masks than last week
Same, actually I was in a shop when I got the news notification about restrictions lifting next week, next shop I went in to was very warm and stuffy so took my mask off as it was feeling suffocating, didn’t put it back on 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just had our first virtual parents evening. Have avoided it up until now but given my son is in his GCSE year I thought I best attend. I loved it. Didn't have to turn the camera on so was sat in my pjs drinking gin 🍸

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
All covid restrictions to be lifted, meanwhile my school is going restriction mad and cancelling things left, right and centre! Make it make sense!

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Just had our first virtual parents evening. Have avoided it up until now but given my son is in his GCSE year I thought I best attend. I loved it. Didn't have to turn the camera on so was sat in my pjs drinking gin 🍸
I think a lot of people prefer this

Reactions: 2
So masks are being scrapped everywhere - can I just ask - will this include on flights? And will it include in hospitals? Can’t find any info online, only the usual supermarkets and schools etc.

Reactions: 1
So masks are being scrapped everywhere - can I just ask - will this include on flights? And will it include in hospitals? Can’t find any info online, only the usual supermarkets and schools etc.
Hospitals will keep masks for a long time to come, can't really see them ever getting rid of them.

Same with flights. It will be down to individual company policy but I imagine most will elect to keep them, though enforcement may become difficult with different countries having different rules

Reactions: 7
Hospitals will keep masks for a long time to come, can't really see them ever getting rid of them.

Same with flights. It will be down to individual company policy but I imagine most will elect to keep them, though enforcement may become difficult with different countries having different rules
This is what frustrates me about the rules… with it no longer being mandatory I definitely want it back to a world like 2019… now I know it’s not going to look like that
I wrote on a previous thread that my hairdresser was asking for proof of vaccination or negative test before having a appointment, which didn’t feel quite right
Interested to see how people/businesses will act going forward when testing is no longer free/passports aren’t needed for events etc

Reactions: 5
Week on week there has been a decrease but day to day there has been an increase over the past few days. I don’t think we’re doing anything special - if anything Boris is only doing this to deflect from his mistakes and incompetence, to try and gain back some popularity. A complete laughing stock.
We can agree Boris is a stupid idiot and shouldn't be the PM but he's not doing this to deflect from mistakes. All he's doing is not trying to extend rules that are due to run out. He's had some balls lately to not bow to his scientists as much as he used to when it's clear the experts are wrong a lot with their ridiculous predictions.

Reactions: 7
All covid restrictions to be lifted, meanwhile my school is going restriction mad and cancelling things left, right and centre! Make it make sense!
My childrens school are still ‘strongly recommending’ that parents wear masks on the playground at drop off and pick up. The head teacher believes the masks have ‘helped keep cases low in the school’ I don’t see how, it spreads through the kids who don’t wear masks because it’s primary, not the parents who are stood outside for a very short amount of time. As the weeks have gone by I’ve noticed less parents wearing them.

If I’m being honest I’ve not worn a mask for weeks now apart from when I go to hospital for appointments, and no one has ever said anything, the only place that has ever enforced it is the hospital which I completely understand. Seen plenty of shop staff not wearing masks too.

Brilliant news of all restrictions being lifted, I’m happy people will be charged to buy them pointless LF tests, as we all know they won’t so a lot less people will not test, therefore the end may just be in sight.

no tests, masks, reporting of daily cases and the media scaremongering and covid will soon fizzle out and become like any other virus.

Agreed re hospitals. In some ways I'm surprised they didn't have mask wearing before covid. You've had to gel your hands in hospitals for years, wearing masks just seems logical in a place where lots of people are ill.

Reactions: 4
I see masks staying for flights for a while but I am hoping that soon they make allowances for children. In the US the age for masks on flights is 2+.

Cannot imagine having to keep a mask on a 2 year old!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
This is what frustrates me about the rules… with it no longer being mandatory I definitely want it back to a world like 2019… now I know it’s not going to look like that
I wrote on a previous thread that my hairdresser was asking for proof of vaccination or negative test before having a appointment, which didn’t feel quite right
Interested to see how people/businesses will act going forward when testing is no longer free/passports aren’t needed for events etc
We can’t just go back in time. Much as we may want to.

I see masks staying for flights for a while but I am hoping that soon they make allowances for children. In the US the age for masks on flights is 2+.

Cannot imagine having to keep a mask on a 2 year old!
Expecting a 2 year old to wear a mask is plain wrong.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.