Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #114

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For a mild cold ! Seems a lot to me.
Not for a country like USA with shocking health because a lot of people cannot afford to pay to see a medical professional so have to put up with whatever is wrong with them and a country of poor diets with huge food portions and very heavily populated places full of pollution. We are blessed here that regardless of what your bank account says you will get seen at a hospital if you're ill.

More great news that our economy being far more open than our neighbouring countries has resulted in such a low unemployment rate.

Reactions: 6
30 quid for 7 LFTs will price most people out of testing then...
I bet people will try to hoard the free ones while they can.

Reactions: 10
Wonder if nhs staff will get them free seeing as we still have to test 2wice a week. I wont be buying any, thats for sure.
Surely we can’t still be expected to test twice weekly for work if we have to pay for them? They can piss off

Reactions: 10
Surely we can’t still be expected to test twice weekly for work if we have to pay for them? They can piss off
I think if they start charging they can't surely require compulsory testing. Who can afford that cost?! Most people can't, not on top of doubling/tripling energy bills and higher food etc. Surely schools won't be able to force familiies to buy multiple packs of LFTs to test the kids to go school, one pack would run out very quickly in the household. I wonder if the charge would be brought in so they can drop the testing requirement altogether.

Reactions: 11
I won't test if I have to pay for it.

If my employer still want me to test before coming in to the office they can buy them and give them to me.

Reactions: 17
I won't test if I have to pay for it.

If my employer still want me to test before coming in to the office they can buy them and give them to me.
I would suggest while they are free you could order a box every single day to be delivered for free so start hoarding :D

What's that? Another of our European neighbours full of awful restrictions on every day life struggling with record level of infections? Neverrrrr can't be right as restrictions stop covid spreading......

Reactions: 3
I would suggest while they are free you could order a box every single day to be delivered for free so start hoarding :D

What's that? Another of our European neighbours full of awful restrictions on every day life struggling with record level of infections? Neverrrrr can't be right as restrictions stop covid spreading......
I'm wondering what the correlation is (in these various countries) with covid passes and how/where they use them, and if they include negative LFTs which I understand have (particular manufacturers?) sometimes missed a positive, or if they allowed a negative result to carry for too long.

The way that some restrictions have been managed, and in particular when combined with the assumptions inherent in any covid-pass system, I think would make these high rates inevitable.

Last edited:
Seems a bit soon to get rid of everything. Numbers are coming down but aren’t exactly small yet.

Reactions: 3
I don't think they'll drop them yet. I see some of the trusts are under huge strain and have to move certain services/ people about .
Meh I think they need to stop blaming covid for that.

Reactions: 5
Seems a bit soon to get rid of everything. Numbers are coming down but aren’t exactly small yet.
My exact thinking. The cases have been higher the past couple of days. Boris is only doing this to save his ass. He needs to have a rocket shoved up there and blasted out of space. Moron.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.