Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #114

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thing is they can’t prove that! If you’ve got a sore arm after an injection who’s to say you don’t? We all have a different pain threashold so it doesn’t hold much water for me , I rather give birth than have a toothache .

Reactions: 8
It does mention that it did not look at all side effects. I clicked on the link to the actual journal paper but it doesn’t look like there is access yet as it has just been published.
I think the title is just misleading, should specify that it is to do with the common non fatal side effects. People are more interested about the side effects which can be detrimental to their health

Reactions: 7
Yes of course this does happen. However when under stress, anxiety and general strains of everyday life - psychosomatic symptoms can occur.
I said something similar on the vaccine thread. The anticipation of the vaccine or even getting an injection could cause anxiety to bring up some symptoms in some people,( like headaches, fatigue, aches, dizziness)

People are looking for any change in how they feel in the day or two after being jabbed. Some discomfort can be normal in life , even if nothing has happened to cause it .

* I'm not dismissing any ill effects that people have experienced after their vaccine

Thing is they can’t prove that! If you’ve got a sore arm after an injection who’s to say you don’t? We all have a different pain threashold so it doesn’t hold much water for me , I rather give birth than have a toothache .
The same goes for actually having covid , we can only take people's word for how they feel

Reactions: 5
I said something similar on the vaccine thread. The anticipation of the vaccine or even getting an injection could cause anxiety to bring up some symptoms in some people,( like headaches, fatigue, aches, dizziness)

People are looking for any change in how they feel in the day or two after being jabbed. Some discomfort can be normal in life , even if nothing has happened to cause it .

* I'm not dismissing any ill effects that people have experienced after their vaccine
Yes I just read your post.

I should have put a disclaimer to say that I am not in any way sharing the article as a way to discredit anyone / debunk. Just thought it was an interesting read.

Reactions: 4

The same goes for actually having covid , we can only take people's word for how they feel
Depending on the severity ! there are certain physical symptoms to accompany it.

I had a sore arm after all three of my covid jabs and my flu jab in October - some were worse than others (after my Moderna booster I felt like I'd been punched in the arm and struggled to lift my arm - this only lasted a few days, though) but I don't think that's the sort of side effect they mean?

After my first covid jab I felt fluey - went hot/cold, body aches, etc. But that only lasted a little over a day. When I had my second I assumed it'd be more of the same, but I just had the sore arm.

I don't disagree that some side effects can be in the head, though.

Has anyone actually, or know anybody, who has tested negative as early as day 5??

When me and my partner had Covid in September, he tested negative on day 6 and I tested negative on day 7. Him and his brother have just had Covid and my partner tested negative on Day 8 (&9) and his brother never tested negative during isolation. A few other people I know with omicron never tested negative either on days 6 & 7.

My partner is at my house now, straight after he was allowed to come out of isolation. So I'm currently seeing if the negative isolation rule works 🤞😂
My daughter tested positive by lft on the Sunday, confirmed by pcr on the Monday but was negative on lft by the Wednesday, so day 4. That was in October

Reactions: 1
I had a sore arm after all three of my covid jabs and my flu jab in October - some were worse than others (after my Moderna booster I felt like I'd been punched in the arm and struggled to lift my arm - this only lasted a few days, though) but I don't think that's the sort of side effect they mean?

After my first covid jab I felt fluey - went hot/cold, body aches, etc. But that only lasted a little over a day. When I had my second I assumed it'd be more of the same, but I just had the sore arm.

I don't disagree that some side effects can be in the head, though.
I imagine any sort of injection could potentially give a sore arm , even a placebo .

My partner has tested positive this morning. Loss of taste and a cold style illness. I however have the most intense all over body deep aches iv ever felt in my life. Chest feels like it's being crushed, throbbing head and neck but not a headache as such 🤔 and feels like I have something stuck in my throat. Can still taste and smell and showing as negative on tests. Both coughing ALOT.
Wonder if tomorrow I'll test differently? But for now I'm amazed I'm far more poorly but showing negative tests
As expected iv tested positive on pcr children have also tested positive on lateral flow also :(

• Sad
As expected iv tested positive on pcr children have also tested positive on lateral flow also :(
Hope you all have a fast recovery (y)

Even if the UK drops vaccine passports you’ll still need them for other countries
1111BC69-6984-414C-9CC9-4C680DBFF603.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Free LFTs to end in June so I’m guessing that’s when they’ll declare it endemic! I won’t be paying £30 anyway
D12AA977-5CA4-4457-ACB9-DB9B5C7CB557.jpeg

Reactions: 6
Hope you all have a fast recovery (y)

Even if the UK drops vaccine passports you’ll still need them for other countries View attachment 998132
France are looking silly lately with their case numbers. They have ruined their economy, had way more draconian laws than most places and had protests on the streets for ages. For what? For nothing at all. The UK has 600 and odd in ventilator beds and France around 4,000 in ICU. They get 3-4 times a day more cases than us from testing far less than the UK. You cannot stop a virus from spreading.

Reactions: 11
Not looking good for BJ

France are looking silly lately with their case numbers. They have ruined their economy, had way more draconian laws than most places and had protests on the streets for ages. For what? For nothing at all. The UK has 600 and odd in ventilator beds and France around 4,000 in ICU. They get 3-4 times a day more cases than us from testing far less than the UK. You cannot stop a virus from spreading.
Nearly 2000 deaths per day in the US you’d think they would have built up a bit of immunity from previous waves .

Plan B set to be lifted shortly

Last edited:
Not looking good for BJ

Nearly 2000 deaths per day in the US you’d think they would have built up a bit of immunity from previous waves .

Plan B set to be lifted shortly
They have built up lots of immunity as that isn't a lot of deaths from a country of a third of a billion people.

Do you think that's how it will go ,round in circles every couple of months ? it could still make for a lot of disruption yet even if it is milder.
Quite possibly. We now have three positives in the house after two of the kids tested positive this morning.

It was inevitable that we were going to get it again, having four school-age children, but I wasn't expecting it just 2 months after the last infection. Maybe it's the post-Christmas variant 😬

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.