Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #114

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else feel like they are immune? I’ve been a close contact a few times and felt rubbish myself but have never tested positive. Woke up an hour ago feeling tight on my chest and tested negative 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Anyone else feel like they are immune? I’ve been a close contact a few times and felt rubbish myself but have never tested positive. Woke up an hour ago feeling tight on my chest and tested negative 🤷🏻‍♀️
I am unvaccinated, never worn a mask never taken a test though, I had a heavy cold before the latest variant but nothing since.

Reactions: 6
Yes - I work in a school where people around me seem to be dropping like flies, my husband got it as well after Christmas, yet I test negative every time I test which is at least twice a week for work. Weird!

Reactions: 3
My husband is yet to catch it despite myself and my 2 children having had it and him being a very close contact with us all

Yeah, my husband, my daughter and I have all been close contacts multiple times and have not caught it as far as we know - no symptoms and tests coming back negative. I'm vaccinated, husband and daughter are not.

Bloody hell I'm going to have to boycott so many places!!
Morrisons announced this ages ago, because I changed who I shop with as soon as they mentioned it.
Rare do I find myself in Ikea so that's easy to avoid, but I do like Next and it's the only place I can find school uniform that fits and lasts, and that's always in stock

So masks are being scrapped everywhere - can I just ask - will this include on flights? And will it include in hospitals? Can’t find any info online, only the usual supermarkets and schools etc.
Don’t think it includes healthcare settings! Javid said they’d still be recommended in certain settings especially indoors with people you don’t know.

Morrisons announced this ages ago, because I changed who I shop with as soon as they mentioned it.
Rare do I find myself in Ikea so that's easy to avoid, but I do like Next and it's the only place I can find school uniform that fits and lasts, and that's always in stock
I haven't seen the Morrison one before and if I had a pick of the supermarkets Morrison is normally the one I choose but no more. Ikea is somewhere I love to go. but alas no more and if I like something will have to try to get it 2nd hand now.

Reactions: 4
Yep! Thought I was invincible - been a close contact so many times through my job and nothing until this weekend 😫😫 my other half still testing negative though and we are just carrying on like normal (I’m not isolating in one room away from him… life’s too short) 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
A male colleague at my work has had tests done on his blood as his wife and kids have had it, his wife twice he never distanced from her as he had to take care of her and the kids, never got it, he has worked closely along side several colleagues who had it, he has not had it.... So they were testing on his blood he said, they took the blood from his legs? For whatever reason. Haven't found out from him the outcome.... Might have to ask him haha

Reactions: 1
My friend thought he was immune having been around people that were sick with covid multiple times. He lives and works right in the middle of London too. He didn’t get vaccinated because he has a needle phobia. Then suddenly, just before Christmas he got it really quite badly. And was in bed very poorly for about 4 weeks. He’s getting better now though but I think it’s unwise to assume you’re immune.

In the first wave there were a lot of people I knew who had it asymptotically and only knew because they were testing. It’s a bizarre virus.

We’ll live with it like flu

Some movement in the north at long last

We’ll live with it like flu

Some movement in the north at long last
I have my covid passport but hope they do get rid soon in NI. I got asked for it the other day at a coffee shop when I think it only legally applies to licensed premises. The app is so unpredictable too. One day it took ages to open so you're just standing there, staring down the server and doing that awkward smile, uncomfortably waiting for a QR code to appear, only for them to just glance at it and nothing else.

I have my covid passport but hope they do get rid soon in NI. I got asked for it the other day at a coffee shop when I think it only legally applies to licensed premises. The app is so unpredictable too. One day it took ages to open so you're just standing there, staring down the server and doing that awkward smile, uncomfortably waiting for a QR code to appear, only for them to just glance at it and nothing else.
I never even bothered downloading it, the Spanish are calling for it to be treated like flu also so maybe they’ll drop the passports throughout 🤷🏼‍♀️

My friend thought he was immune having been around people that were sick with covid multiple times. He lives and works right in the middle of London too. He didn’t get vaccinated because he has a needle phobia. Then suddenly, just before Christmas he got it really quite badly. And was in bed very poorly for about 4 weeks. He’s getting better now though but I think it’s unwise to assume you’re immune.

In the first wave there were a lot of people I knew who had it asymptotically and only knew because they were testing. It’s a bizarre virus.
I've been negative throughout and got it last week. This varient is more transmissible.

Reactions: 2
Might as well just stop tomorrow then.
Agree. Wont be wearing one from today other then at work

Ha yes! Been round it a lot at work, close contact with friends at school and no one in the house has had it.
Was convinced i would catch it in the summer on days out etc.

Sainsburys have reinstalled screens at tills, and put signs up everywhere instructing people to keep a safe distance from others and telling people to wear masks! So basically the opposite of learning to live with it that’s me shopping else where!
I think some businesses will choose to keep masks to protect staff as well as everyone else. With Omicron being so transmissible, the last thing they’d want is members of staff catching it and being off work as that will cause disruption.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.