Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The way they quantified this as well was using PCR as intended on the participants. We use 35-40. They used 25ish to determine infection, as you should be doing. A lot of scammy stuff going on with these trials esp Pfizer and Moderna, not sure about AZ or JJ. Smoke and mirrors.

In a population with lots of natural immunity AND vaccine immunity, ie US and UK, it's just best to let it rip because there will be no pressure on hospitals. I know the NHS has a different situation than us in the US re hospitals, but still, this is producing a fraction of hospitalization IN AN UNVACCINATED POPULATION. It's super good news! Winter flu season will always have an increase in hospitalization, and I think a big part too is remember we have a lot of elderly boomers now who will be dying of all kinds of things. Remember pneumonia, the old man's friend? Even common colds rip through nursing homes and kill the elderly. It's just... life.

Reactions: 15
I’ve explained as to why. When the vaccines were first trialled - it was against the dominant variant at that point which was the Alpha/Beta and the vaccines were effective in reducing it. Since then, the virus has mutated - Delta came along, as did Omicron = more transmissible, mutations = evade vaccine. The vaccine did not change and magically stop working. The nature of the virus did.
I know all that and it didn’t stop the transmission of those variants either !

Reactions: 1
They are acting as if the infection case rate -> hospitalization rate, and that was broken long ago by vaccinations. It just won't happen no matter HOW much they are desperate for it to happen, because they want vax passes and they want them now. These measures don't reduce transmission anyway. Masks certainly don't. You can't outrun mother nature! They need to just use hospitalizations as we od with flu and whatnot - people directly in hospital for that reason not because they had a broken leg and tested positive. Here in the US hospitals get extra cash from the feds for every Covid hospitalization to the tune of $10k so there is financial incentive here.

I'm so glad vax passes won't fly federally in the USA.

Reactions: 7
At the Commons science committee Dr Susan Hopkins, chief medical adviser at the UK Health Security Agency, was asked if the person who has died with the Omicron variant had any underyling health conditions. She said they did not release information like that about individuals for privacy reasons.

Hilarious only release what's convenient, Wasn't the privacy already violated with the announcement in the first place.

Reactions: 21
At the Commons science committee Dr Susan Hopkins, chief medical adviser at the UK Health Security Agency, was asked if the person who has died with the Omicron variant had any underyling health conditions. She said they did not release information like that about individuals for privacy reasons.

Hilarious only release what's convenient, Wasn't the privacy already violated with the announcement in the first place.
I'm sure this kind of thing always used to be reported during the first lockdown. In the news reports it always used to be along the lines of "in the last 24 hours, 45 people aged between 49 and 87 have died - 23 of whom had underlying health conditions". Wonder why they are being so coy about it now. We don't even know this person's age or location, so it's not like they could possibly be identified.

Reactions: 11
The way they quantified this as well was using PCR as intended on the participants. We use 35-40. They used 25ish to determine infection, as you should be doing. A lot of scammy stuff going on with these trials esp Pfizer and Moderna, not sure about AZ or JJ. Smoke and mirrors.

In a population with lots of natural immunity AND vaccine immunity, ie US and UK, it's just best to let it rip because there will be no pressure on hospitals. I know the NHS has a different situation than us in the US re hospitals, but still, this is producing a fraction of hospitalization IN AN UNVACCINATED POPULATION. It's super good news! Winter flu season will always have an increase in hospitalization, and I think a big part too is remember we have a lot of elderly boomers now who will be dying of all kinds of things. Remember pneumonia, the old man's friend? Even common colds rip through nursing homes and kill the elderly. It's just... life.
This.

All the time, particularly in Winter, old and vulnerable people die of pneumonia, flu and now Covid. Is that right or fair? Of course not, every single death is a personal tragedy but we don't live for ever.

Take out the died 'with Covid', its died 'of Covid' that's important - and in the last 2 years that number has been way below those caused by cancer, dementia, MS, suicide, road traffic accidents etc etc.

Project Fear 2 has been less successful than the first one, but its ongoing. Expect Sturgeon to tell us to have the booster, stop mixing households over Christmas, just stay indoors alone. If you disobey Granny will die, cancer patients can't have operations. It will be your fault.

The worst thing is some people will believe her.....

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Y'all come out to the US and stay at my house for freedom! jk but seriously here our doom mongers of Fauci and Walensky are shrugging over it, it is not a political win here any longer, and we do not have an overburdened health service to worry about but a lot of people who are dying of other thins when hospitals were closed most of last year and many closed up shop because no money to run. Booster uptake is low if you are not at risk here as it should be and vaccinating kids isn't as popular as they hoped.

The cases will rise, some hospitalizations will especially due to testing anything that moves, but they are acting like we are in the same place as last year. Not a chance. Hopefully people disobey... My family in England says nobody cares there anymore and they are mostly medical professionals! (Still sad I cannot see them but I've rebooked for March... I will have a tantrum if I can't go!)

It’s not the same. You know that, surely?

Unknowingly having covid and passing it on to an elderly relative could kill them.
Sorry for double posting but it is same with flu or colds. The common cold, a rhinovirus, can have up to a 10% mortality rate in elderly. Covid is about the same - 8% I believe - in those age groups. We knew from Diamond Princess this affects primarily the elderly as do most respiratory viruses. We aren't immortal.

Reactions: 13
It’s not the same. You know that, surely?

Unknowingly having covid and passing it on to an elderly relative could kill them.
That's why the Gov recommends personal responsibility .if you're afraid of passing it on isolate and test before visiting .

I'm sure this kind of thing always used to be reported during the first lockdown. In the news reports it always used to be along the lines of "in the last 24 hours, 45 people aged between 49 and 87 have died - 23 of whom had underlying health conditions". Wonder why they are being so coy about it now. We don't even know this person's age or location, so it's not like they could possibly be identified.
Unless the family have asked for no details to be disclosed ? there's bound to be more press focus on a first death from the NV.

Reactions: 4
I’ve just had a positive lateral flow test. Just got back from having a PCR test. I feel ok apart from an annoying cough but I’m 35 weeks pregnant so I’m a little worried about my baby. Anyone else had covid whilst pregnant and can reassure me? I’m double vaccinated but haven’t had the booster.

It’s not ‘hilarious’ ... my brother passed away from Covid .:: just Covid and absolutely nothing else wrong with him , aged 50 ... he was young and fit and had no underlying health issues and from the day he tested positive to the day he died was exactly 2 weeks.
This was very recent and completely changed my perspective on how seriously we should be taking this. It’s literally turned our families lives upside down 💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
My boss just text on the group chat if everyone wants to go for a Xmas drink Fri to do a lat flow test first. Work together all day….then test to go out of an evening. 🤯🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 8
He's really hankering for a lockdown for no reason.

They're all evil.

Real world evidence proves he is full of sh*t. Cases are not hospitalizations anymore, you nincompoop.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.