Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What do we need a lockdown for? Christ this is never going to end is it. Let’s just destroy the economy and peoples mental health for a virus that most people survive. That makes perfect sense.

Reactions: 15
Unknowingly having a cold and passing it onto an elderly relative could kill them.
Covid is not the common cold. Recovery from the common cold is more likely than a virus that attacks the cardiovascular system and causes severe respiratory issues.

Reactions: 2
I think this is one of those ‘until it happens to you’ moments ... I said exactly what you’ve said above .... until it happened to us ... I promise you if and when it does happen to you (and I pray it doesn’t) your narrative will completely U-turn 💔
I have my own business that will probably go under in another lockdown, I have a terminally ill grandparent who’ll probably never see another Christmas , but if locking down again means families don’t have to go through what we’ve been through, I’ll be first in the queue 💔
So you will give up your time with your loved ones, your livelihood, for what?

I lost my grandmothers due to isolation. They died alone and scared and heartbroken because of lockdowns.

I tried to kill myself 10 times.

I know lots of people who committed suicide. 15 people.

I will never be okay with governments turning fascist about a virus.

Go see your family. Go live your life. Do not let gov't take living and being human away from you. Go be with your grandparent if you can and let them know you love them.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Silly question:
Can you get false positive on PCR from citrus drink? I know about lateral flow and orange juice but are the PCR much more accurate to differentiate between lemon infused water and actual Covid?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I got this email from my daughters nursery/school this morning -

In these continually unprecedented times it always pays to be prepared! This week could you please make sure that your child has access to their Google classroom. Last week we had to provide two days of online learning and the way that we can ensure that this is most accessible is by having our children registered to our Google Classrooms, where the learning is provided. Can you please make sure that your child is registered to join their classroom.

They are going to close the schools again aren’t they. I don’t expect them to be back in January.
We had this last week
783F38C0-F551-4203-8260-B11244F2B0A9.jpeg

It’s officially been voted in
E148FB28-CD71-4ADD-BBBA-A07F3CF10AFB.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Ailly question:
Can you get false positive on PCR from citrus drink? I know about lateral flow and orange juice but are the PCR much more accurate to differentiate between lemon infused water and actual Covid?
I have not tried either of these and I'm not a scientist but my guess would be no. They are quite different tests in terms of how they function.

Covid is not the common cold. Recovery from the common cold is more likely than a virus that attacks the cardiovascular system and causes severe respiratory issues.
In the elderly and the vulnerable a cold can definitely cause severe respiratory issues such a pneumonia

Reactions: 8
The idea of another lockdown, i.e. with things like restaurants, gyms, hotels etc closing actually fills me with dread. It feels like life keeps getting put on hold.

Reactions: 16
Silly question:
Not a silly question, and it would be interesting to know what - if any - checks are done pre-testing to make sure it's an actual sample.

So you will give up your time with your loved ones, your livelihood, for what?

I lost my grandmothers due to isolation. They died alone and scared and heartbroken because of lockdowns.

I tried to kill myself 10 times.

I know lots of people who committed suicide. 15 people.

I will never be okay with governments turning fascist about a virus.

Go see your family. Go live your life. Do not let gov't take living and being human away from you. Go be with your grandparent if you can and let them know you love them.
So sorry about you losing 15 people to Suicide and attempting 10 times yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It’s not ‘hilarious’ ... my brother passed away from Covid .:: just Covid and absolutely nothing else wrong with him , aged 50 ... he was young and fit and had no underlying health issues and from the day he tested positive to the day he died was exactly 2 weeks.
This was very recent and completely changed my perspective on how seriously we should be taking this. It’s literally turned our families lives upside down 💔
So sorry for your loss.

Reactions: 3
Does anyone on here own a restaurant/cafe or pub? Would you consider staying open during another lockdown and tell the government ‘no’?

Last edited:
To be fair, my family and I had covid, all unvaccinated, and a common clod was much worse, fatigue aside. Not making light of it, but it does seem to impact people differently.

Reactions: 5
I know it’s not a big thing but I have a London theatre trip booked for January and really looking forward to it. I’m working ridiculous hours at the minute and it’s keep me going.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Silly question:
Not a silly question, and it would be interesting to know what - if any - checks are done pre-testing to make sure it's an actual sample.
They use an internal control (a housekeeper gene - something that should be present in every sample). If it isn't detected then the sample isn't valid and the result will be inconclusive.

A number of other controls are used as well.

I think we’re heading for a January lockdown, with school closures.

This time last week I was surprised when someone asked that question. I never thought it’d happen again. But I think schools have been told to prepare for it.

Really do not want this!!

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.