Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He's really hankering for a lockdown for no reason.

They're all evil.

Real world evidence proves he is full of sh*t. Cases are not hospitalizations anymore, you nincompoop.
Please read my above comment before you comment . My family are ‘real world evidence’ and yes, we were also in the gang that believe this was all nonsense before it happened to us .

It’s not ‘hilarious’ ... my brother passed away from Covid .:: just Covid and absolutely nothing else wrong with him , aged 50 ... he was young and fit and had no underlying health issues and from the day he tested positive to the day he died was exactly 2 weeks.
This was very recent and completely changed my perspective on how seriously we should be taking this. It’s literally turned our families lives upside down 💔
I'm very sorry your loss.

I think we all know that Covid can kill on its own, although the vast majority of cases are in the over 80s and the vulnerable. But that statement doesn't help you and your family right now.

As I've said above EVERY death from ALL causes is a tragedy.

Reactions: 3
Please read my above comment before you comment . My family are ‘real world evidence’ and yes, we were also in the gang that believe this was all nonsense before it happened to us .
I am sorry for your loss.

What about people I know who have died of flu? Or my grandmothers who gave up and died of isolation in lockdown with no one by their side? The people who have died of suicide, of cancer (like my FIL being denied treatment as it was 'non essential')? Because people die from one specific thing, which we have a vaccine for, then, we must live like this forever?

We can't stop the world for death. Death is the great equalizer. It is sad, but it is just life.

Reactions: 15
Reports from SA need to be taken with a pinch of salt too if these graphs are to be believed Whitty is right to question 🤷🏼‍♀️
120B8A9D-B6AF-4436-88F1-25E75C34F2EB.jpeg

Considering a lot of people in SA take antivirals it still seems steep maybe that’s another reason why their cases are milder.

Reactions: 1
I am sorry for your loss.

What about people I know who have died of flu? Or my grandmothers who gave up and died of isolation in lockdown with no one by their side? The people who have died of suicide, of cancer (like my FIL being denied treatment as it was 'non essential')? Because people die from one specific thing, which we have a vaccine for, then, we must live like this forever?

We can't stop the world for death. Death is the great equalizer. It is sad, but it is just life.
You’re missing the point ... if the government announced tomorrow that there was a vaccine that could reduce your chances of getting cancer by 70% we’d all be queuing up , but sadly there isn’t.
We are lucky in that we DO have a vaccine that can prevent Covid . And if everyone had it then we could maybe start to move on and rebuild the economy and prevent more strain on the NHS and then cancer patients could be seen too.
When my brother was in ICU 92% of the patients in there, HAD NOT been vaccinated. Imagine if they had a been , those beds would’ve been freed up for cancer patients and other illnesses.

Reactions: 4
I got this email from my daughters nursery/school this morning -

In these continually unprecedented times it always pays to be prepared! This week could you please make sure that your child has access to their Google classroom. Last week we had to provide two days of online learning and the way that we can ensure that this is most accessible is by having our children registered to our Google Classrooms, where the learning is provided. Can you please make sure that your child is registered to join their classroom.

They are going to close the schools again aren’t they. I don’t expect them to be back in January.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
We are meant to be going to Center parcs at the weekend. Just had an email saying please will you consider re arranging as some things may not be open Ahhhh!!!!

• Sad
Reactions: 10
It’s not ‘hilarious’ ... my brother passed away from Covid .:: just Covid and absolutely nothing else wrong with him , aged 50 ... he was young and fit and had no underlying health issues and from the day he tested positive to the day he died was exactly 2 weeks.
This was very recent and completely changed my perspective on how seriously we should be taking this. It’s literally turned our families lives upside down 💔

I think you missed my point

Reactions: 5
You’re missing the point ... if the government announced tomorrow that there was a vaccine that could reduce your chances of getting cancer by 70% we’d all be queuing up , but sadly there isn’t.
We are lucky in that we DO have a vaccine that can prevent Covid . And if everyone had it then we could maybe start to move on and rebuild the economy and prevent more strain on the NHS and then cancer patients could be seen too.
When my brother was in ICU 92% of the patients in there, HAD NOT been vaccinated. Imagine if they had a been , those beds would’ve been freed up for cancer patients and other illnesses.
Most people in the UK are vaccinated, right? And it doesn't prevent spread. This variant is proven to be far, far less harmful - as viruses evolve it's what they do. Here in the US the hospitals were empty and yet, oh, treatment is non-essential. You go in for knee surgery during the brief time it was allowed? Covid test. Positive? Yes! We get an extra 10-15k and shove you in a Covid ward, count you as a Covid hospitalization. (Example: my dad. Tested him DAILY after knee surgery to find a 'case'. They did this and still do to EVERYONE.)

Restrictions, lockdowns, threats to destroy our very way of life are not the way and never were. We have vaccines, treatments, and government intervention is never the way to handle any kind of crisis. You can't stop mother nature. People will die and for families, like you, it is tragic and horrendous especially right before the holidays, but that's just how life is.

Allowing government to do this yearly means this is now a precedent: destroying education, economies, etc, for what? They don't stop spread, they only create more and more centralized power in a handful of corrupt decision-makers.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

In these continually unprecedented times it always pays to be prepared! This week could you please make sure that your child has access to their Google classroom. Last week we had to provide two days of online learning and the way that we can ensure that this is most accessible is by having our children registered to our Google Classrooms, where the learning is provided. Can you please make sure that your child is registered to join their classroom.

They are going to close the schools again aren’t they. I don’t expect them to be back in January.
That what we were sent last week I'm sure the schools have been told to prepare .

This helps me put things into perspective .
My elderly but fit parents live in a large rural county . Their town is full of retired people.
Since the farce started they haven't left the house except for vaccines (dad3, mum 1 due to severe side effects) and eye tests etc. They used to belong to several weekly groups, committees and were always planning their next holiday,break or visit to people. They now don't even go to the local shop, if they hear of someone elderly going out somewhere they say "they will kill themselves", none of us are allowed in the house and they will never see most of their family ever again.
They have always been free thinkers, out of step type of people...no more ☹.
They know of only two deaths with covid on the certificate, one was already in hospital after a heart operation and late 80s , the other terminal for the last two years but tested positive in last week of life.
A quick Google of their county's deaths WITH covid and since the beginning we have the grand total of 1500 !!!!
Take away what we know to be in hospital with other illnesses and the very real care home tragedy deaths, we are left with over 80s and single figures other.
Most of my parents friends are living like this. There have been two suicides nearby of middle aged women due to lockdown with abusive partners and and can't begin to examine the damage done to children, single isolated people, businesses and everyone in-between.
So to all the scaremongers and bs believers, only covid can kill parrots I politely say get a grip on reality.
Every death is sad but the real life data does not warrant the response.
And newsflash to some colds have always killed the old and vulnerable

• Sad
Reactions: 14

Lets hope they are just reacting to borris and his crazy and its a "just in case" email. Was talking to a TA friend last night and as far as she knows thiers zero plans to keep schools closed

That what we were sent last week I'm sure the schools have been told to prepare .
I think so too, January/February lockdown was the worst for us and this year we have an 8 month old too. I already have my husband working from home as of last week and he needs the house ‘quiet’ while he works, not really ideal when you have 2 kids home all day 🙄

Reactions: 5
Most people in the UK are vaccinated, right? And it doesn't prevent spread. This variant is proven to be far, far less harmful - as viruses evolve it's what they do. Here in the US the hospitals were empty and yet, oh, treatment is non-essential. You go in for knee surgery during the brief time it was allowed? Covid test. Positive? Yes! We get an extra 10-15k and shove you in a Covid ward, count you as a Covid hospitalization. (Example: my dad. Tested him DAILY after knee surgery to find a 'case'. They did this and still do to EVERYONE.)

Restrictions, lockdowns, threats to destroy our very way of life are not the way and never were. We have vaccines, treatments, and government intervention is never the way to handle any kind of crisis. You can't stop mother nature. People will die and for families, like you, it is tragic and horrendous especially right before the holidays, but that's just how life is.

Allowing government to do this yearly means this is now a precedent: destroying education, economies, etc, for what? They don't stop spread, they only create more and more centralized power in a handful of corrupt decision-makers.
I think this is one of those ‘until it happens to you’ moments ... I said exactly what you’ve said above .... until it happened to us ... I promise you if and when it does happen to you (and I pray it doesn’t) your narrative will completely U-turn 💔
I have my own business that will probably go under in another lockdown, I have a terminally ill grandparent who’ll probably never see another Christmas , but if locking down again means families don’t have to go through what we’ve been through, I’ll be first in the queue 💔

Honestly, I'd rather we locked down for two weeks over Xmas and be done with it. While the kids are off school, its the ideal time to do it. Maybe allow Xmas day for a coupe households, but that's it. I don't know, but if we going to go into lockdown, may as well do it sooner than later.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

we've had a similar message from my sons primary school today too 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.