Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So do you think without any mitigations, there wouldn't any excess mortality and hospitals would be doing great?

If that's your only concern about possible fascism in the UK the government is doing a great job with its constant antics in the press to hide the laws they are passing at the moment or planning to do so. It's better for them that people argue about wearing masks or not than looking a bit closer about what they are doing exactly.

Do you know you need to get vaccinated againt the yellow fever to travel in some countries? Or that when some diseases that are now almost eradicated thanks to the vaccination you would have been also required to be vaccinated against them to travel?
Honestly people are arguing over vaccines and lockdowns and parties and stuff like that whilst the Tories are pushing through bills allowing them to strip people of their citizenships.

Reactions: 12
Quite a few rumblings about a possible lockdown.

If that causes a predictable mass outrage then perhaps the "compromise" from the government would then be to add to the vaccine passport restrictions.

It would likely appease the majority .

Then at least the majority can have their freedoms etc

I can see this as a possible plan.

They're all busy stoking the fear at the moment

Many people are worried about what's around the corner.
Lockdowns end up being implemented because the government fail to put adequate protections in place at an early stage which allow people some semblance of a normal life, schools to remain open etc but whilst balancing that with protections which help to slow the spread. Where that is not done because the government faf about being indecisive the virus spreads and threatens to overwhelm the NHS and they leave themselves with nowhere to go other than to shut the country down.

Adequate protections are needed so that people can go about their daily life perhaps in a slightly different manner but they can work, see friends and family, kids can go to school and the NHS can offer the care it should be giving to anyone with a variety of illnesses, not just covid, and those protections will be unpopular but are far far better than going in and out of lockdowns.

This type of thinking is what the government are counting on

It will enable them to segregate the population with vaccine passport restrictions.

Create fear with the possibility of a new lockdown for everyone then "compromise" with more restrictions for the unvaccinated

The modelling is all rubbish. The massive numbers modelled after freedom day never materialised and made Sage look like idiots

and yet I was just reading articles where Neil Ferguson is being quoted as saying the hospitalizations related to Omicron could be so much worse than even Javid predicted

Why is anyone listening to him?

Reactions: 5
Yeah with Australia they seem to be popping in and out of very short lockdowns, but they were also having music festivals whilst all of our pubs were shut so there is some advantages to their approach.
Not sure if you are aware of this but when it’s our winter it’s Australia’s summer, so that’s why they had music festivals on when we had our winter lockdown. There is really nothing else to it other than that.

Reactions: 7
Not sure if you are aware of this but when it’s our winter it’s Australia’s summer, so that’s why they had music festivals on when we had our winter lockdown. There is really nothing else to it other than that.
Indeed I am aware of how seasons in the nothern hemisphere differ from the southern hemisphere. However in 2020 we were not having music festivals during our summer months, not sure if you were aware of that.

Reactions: 1
Australia have some of the worst most draconian Covid restrictions of any country.

Honestly people are arguing over vaccines and lockdowns and parties and stuff like that whilst the Tories are pushing through bills allowing them to strip people of their citizenships.

It's not an either or situation

People should be protesting about anything they don't agree with

That would also include the proposed acts banning protests and internet censorship.

Reactions: 9
It's not an either or situation

People should be protesting about anything they don't agree with

That would also include the proposed acts banning protests and internet censorship.
I agree, the current UK government has a disgusting and very worrying authoritarian streak.

Reactions: 8
it should have NEVER ever happened. EVER. We had plans in place for this. For something far worse.

The modeling was and always has been bogus. 2m dead here in the US in less than a year? Come off it. Ferguson’s modeling has always been crap; garbage in, garbage out. This was never ever everpart of any pandemic plan with a much higher estimate IFR because of the immense permanent damage it has done to society. It happened because mass hysteria pushed by China. And as Neil Ferguson said, we can get away with it.
How do you know the modeling was bogus? It's easy to say it is to back up a particular view, but anyone can say random things.

I'd want to see the credentials of anyone who says it's bogus along with alternative numbers and a breakdown of how they arrived at those numbers. Otherwise it's hot air.

When I was out this week I overheard 2 people in their 60s chatting 'might be Another lockdown'...'Oh well we came through the other side'..'lockdown wasn't that frustrating or bad'...'it was only 4 months'.
I wanted to shout you 🤬 privileged 🤬s, no doubt it was great for you living in your fancy house and doing your grand piano lessons via zoom*
I meekly shouted 'what about lonely people, kids and those that suffered'. Regardless I said it and they didn't hear.

*Disclaimer I am aware wealthy people suffered in lockdown from loneliness or mental health, but I can't equalise that to working class families on the breadline, cooped up in flats/houses with their children suffering from loneliness or mental health

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
How do you know the modeling was bogus? It's easy to say it is to back up a particular view, but anyone can say random things.

I'd want to see the credentials of anyone who says it's bogus along with alternative numbers and a breakdown of how they arrived at those numbers. Otherwise it's hot air.
Neil Ferguson’s modeling has always been bunk. This was no different. Easy to find out!

regardless lockdowns are a permanent part of society now whether you like it or not, and it will never ever end. Always a new mutation, always new lies.

Quite a few rumblings about a possible lockdown.

If that causes a predictable mass outrage then perhaps the "compromise" from the government would then be to add to the vaccine passport restrictions.

It would likely appease the majority .

Then at least the majority can have their freedoms etc

I can see this as a possible plan.

They're all busy stoking the fear at the moment

Many people are worried about what's around the corner.

This type of thinking is what the government are counting on

It will enable them to segregate the population with vaccine passport restrictions.

Create fear with the possibility of a new lockdown for everyone then "compromise" with more restrictions for the unvaccinated

and yet I was just reading articles where Neil Ferguson is being quoted as saying the hospitalizations related to Omicron could be so much worse than even Javid predicted

Why is anyone listening to him?
There won't be a lockdown because there is no furlough and the government cant fund it. That's why vaccinated people are getting worked up because they are no better off than unvaccinated, as they were led to believe they would be.

Bring in more restrictions for unvaccinated. I'm assuming by that you mean stop them entering pubs, restaurants, cafes, cinemas, theatres and non essential shops. They will be in the work place and essential shops and will still be blamed for spreading it, even thought they are massively restricted and that's their own fault.

They are now wanting all over 40's to take a third vaccine as immunity is waning from the first 2. Does this mean under 40's are close to being considered unvaccinated because their immunity will start to wane?

Or are they saying two vaccines is enough to retain vaccinated status and associated privileges without going for any more?

And can you imagine the fury if they bring back furlough for unvaccinated and stop them working?!

I think a large majority of people on here and in real life would prefer the vaccinated to be out of work and only allowed out the house once a day for exercise until they see sense and and get vaccinated.

Reactions: 6
I think a large majority of people on here and in real life would prefer the vaccinated to be out of work and only allowed out the house once a day for exercise until they see sense and and get vaccinated.
I think this is a bit of a stretch.

Reactions: 6
A few whispers are appearing that the rebel Tories have placed an ultimatum to Boris as their number is big enough to have to rely on Labour.

It seems he has been told to expect a no-confidence vote in the party IF the Plan B bill is passed only with opposition support.

He's going to have to choose between saving his job or believing the scientists who don't have the best records anyway.

Reactions: 1
Been to my local arena for a concert would say 10% mask wearing no vaccine passports checked (despite it being company policy to do so prior to national restrictions).

Despite this they still had stickers on the floor to keep 2m distance 😂

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.