Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I alone in feeling a rising sense of panic that we are going into another lockdown?
I'm going into hospital tomorrow to be induced with my second baby. I'm fearful that by the time I come out again everything will be locked down, school closed in January. My daughter will be devastated if school is closed, she was crying at having to miss a few days because of chicken pox a few weeks back. My mental health will not be able take home schooling and a new born.

My mind is racing with it all and I'm terrified of another lockdown.

I've been avoiding reading news because it makes me feel panicky, I might also have to leave this thread at least while I'm in hospital as I can feel my chest tightening while reading it. This isn't going to end well surely we can't go through this again
I know it's easy for me to say don't worry, just take it day by day but tomorrow you will be blessed with a beautiful new baby, just enjoy it!
I know how difficult it is when schools close, I have 3 children and my middle daughter (14 last year) started self harming and last November tried to kill herself and she was the child you would never imagine would do something like that, it effects people differently , my eldest was doing his GCSEs, he's autistic and thought lockdown was the greatest thing ever because he could stay in his room and not engage with anyone, did the least amount of online schooling managed to pass his exams and is now at college studying to be a professional chef! And my youngest turns 11 tomorrow, carefree and beautiful and doesn't give a hoot about anything.... If you need any support there's plenty of us on here to give hugs and support, just don't stress and Good luck for tomorrow..... sending you lots of ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 21
My face to face mental health support group has been cancelled due to covid even though it is still allowed within the rules/restrictions. It will be on zoom but its just not the same :cry:
Maybe you could you ask someone in the group if they would still like to meet up and go for a walk or a coffee instead.

Reactions: 15
Just seen about a plan e 🤪🙃
There will only be a lockdown if we allow it.

This time, people need to stay strong.....pubs, restaurants and all other hospitality need to announce straight away that they don't agree with the idea and will all remain open.

If there is a lockdown this winter, we will NEVER have an uninterrupted winter again.

Reactions: 25
Maybe you could you ask someone in the group if they would still like to meet up and go for a walk or a coffee instead.
Good idea, thank you :) i'm sure they are feeling the same as me so will benefit them as well. At least i can access zoom, some people who attend can't

Reactions: 2
So they were found to have Omicron before or during their stay - well its hardly going to be after is it 🙄

They're speculating that it's that variant. I refuse to believe that their tests have been sequenced that quickly, unless the nhs are sending all tests to the very few labs that do test for variants, but I doubt it with how quick this news has come out.

As for they don't know what condition the patients are in is bullshit.
They know their names, they reckon they know its Omicron, they know they're in hospital, but they don't know why they're there and how they are.

Fucks sakes, really??

Reactions: 9
So they were found to have Omicron before or during their stay - well its hardly going to be after is it 🙄

They're speculating that it's that variant. I refuse to believe that their tests have been sequenced that quickly, unless the nhs are sending all tests to the very few labs that do test for variants, but I doubt it with how quick this news has come out.

They know their names, they reckon they know its Omicron, they know they're in hospital, but they don't know why they're there and how they are.

Fucks sakes, really??
Can't be telling people that the Omicron hospitalisations are nothing to do with Omicron though.

They might start asking about last year's Christmas party again.....

Reactions: 7

Fucks sakes, really??
Do they still test people before admitting them to hospital ? The PCR test picks up the Sgene drop out that’s what was puzzling them before the NV was detected so many tests with the gene missing ( as far as I read)

Reactions: 1
Do they still test people before admitting them to hospital ? The PCR test picks up the Sgene drop out that’s what was puzzling them before the NV was detected so many tests with the gene missing ( as far as I read)
But if they were testing before admitting then they wouldn't allow them to be admitted.. unless they had to be admitted because they were that sick with Omicron. If it was for a routine Op or procedure it would be delayed.
So they've clearly tested positive since being there.
How would they know that a covid patient that has been admitted with a positive test has this variant? Another test?
Even if we choose to believe that then logistically that can't be maintained as more people need care. They're seriously going to test every single covid patient for a variant? No, they're going to assume it's Omicron.

If they are being super accurate then we need a separate list for Delta, or how else will we know if its Delta is Omicron causing serious illness?

Reactions: 5
But if they were testing before admitting then they wouldn't allow them to be admitted.. unless they had to be admitted because they were that sick with Omicron. If it was for a routine Op or procedure it would be delayed.
How would they know that a covid patient that has been admitted with a positive test has this variant? Another test?
Even if we choose to believe that then logistically that can't be maintained as more people need care. They're seriously going to test every single covid patient for a variant? No, they're going to assume it's Omicron.

If they are being super accurate then we need a separate list for Delta, or how else will we know if its Delta is Omicron causing serious illness?
Maybe Javid will be asked these questions when he's on later ? I'd assume they were admitted because they were ill or presented at A&E and were tested there ? it's the PCR picks up the missing gene there should be two but only one exists with the NV I don't know if they sequence every test I'd doubt it !....Javids on at 4.30

Reactions: 1
Maybe Javid will be asked these questions when he's on later ? I'd assume they were admitted because they were ill or presented at A&E and were tested there ? it's the PCR picks up the missing gene there should be two but only one exists with the NV I don't know if they sequence every test I'd doubt it !....Javids on at 4.30
Maybe he'll stutter his way through the manipulative exaggerations he'll tell and we'll learn nothing as well

Reactions: 6

I wonder if they've gone looking for omicron in patients who were already in hospital.

Reactions: 4
…….so the hospitalised patients with omicron are all double jabbed………yikes………seems the best course of action is no jabs then??
(I’m being facetious and sadly am double jabbed)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This afternoob I had my booster jab, after booking it only yesterday evening. During the reservation online, I kept ending up in a big queue then having to start again. The system repeatedly crashed and would either threw me out or asked me again and again for my NHS number and birth date. I had the Pfizer vaccine, this time. My first two jabs used the Astra Zeneca one. They got me to wait there fifteen minutes in case of drastic side effects but all I noticed was a tingling where I'd had the jab. So far, I've had no other symptoms. My first pair of injections were without any drastic odd feelings and hopefully my third will be the same.

Reactions: 11
This afternoob I had my booster jab, after booking it only yesterday evening. During the reservation online, I kept ending up in a big queue then having to start again. The system repeatedly crashed and would either threw me out or asked me again and again for my NHS number and birth date. I had the Pfizer vaccine, this time. My first two jabs used the Astra Zeneca one. They got me to wait there fifteen minutes in case of drastic side effects but all I noticed was a tingling where I'd had the jab. So far, I've had no other symptoms. My first pair of injections were without any drastic odd feelings and hopefully my third will be the same.
I had zero effects from it if it's any consolation .

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.