Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nope. There have so far been no recorded deaths due/with the new variant anywhere on this planet. Until today.
I’m not sure there was an ICU doctor on a couple of weeks ago speaking and she said there were deaths but mostly it was mild illness and their Gov dashboard has reported deaths but not on a scale comparable with previous waves?
F325CE86-8EC8-4D4B-9456-8A383AB652AA.jpeg

Yeah, the death and hospitalization rate in SA was like 1/3 of what the Delta wave was and people were in hospital for less time, and the majority not on oxygen or needing ventilators. The new cases are from a data dump.

People will always die of this as they do from H1N1, from other flus, from common colds. Always the same old people generally.

I assume because they said died WITH that means it was an elderly person who had something else wrong with them.

It's all very useful for gov't though to bring back lockdown yearly! Remember folks, life is only about the absence of Covid, otherwise, life has no meaning.

Editing to add I was just at the grocery store. Completely normal here in America outside the crazy NYC, SF, LA, and Portland. We are over it. It is no longer politically tenable here to do any restrictions except toothless mask mandates. By this time last year there were stay at home orders in every blue state, everything closed. (Jeff Bezos was happy!)

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I’m not sure there was an ICU doctor on a couple of weeks ago speaking and she said there were deaths but mostly it was mild illness and their Gov dashboard has reported deaths but not on a scale comparable with previous waves?View attachment 921647

I can’t find anything about omicron deaths in Africa. All I can find is that the death announced today is the first one linked to the new variant.

Reactions: 4
Yeah, the death and hospitalization rate in SA was like 1/3 of what the Delta wave was and people were in hospital for less time, and the majority not on oxygen or needing ventilators. The new cases are from a data dump.

People will always die of this as they do from H1N1, from other flus, from common colds. Always the same old people generally.

I assume because they said died WITH that means it was an elderly person who had something else wrong with them.

It's all very useful for gov't though to bring back lockdown yearly! Remember folks, life is only about the absence of Covid, otherwise, life has no meaning.

Editing to add I was just at the grocery store. Completely normal here in America outside the crazy NYC, SF, LA, and Portland. We are over it. It is no longer politically tenable here to do any restrictions except toothless mask mandates. By this time last year there were stay at home orders in every blue state, everything closed. (Jeff Bezos was happy!)
No the ICU doctor said 17yrs no underlying health conditions I put the interview on one of these threads .

What’s the source please
They follow the new variant in different countries

Reactions: 2
It is very obvious when gov't says they died WITH not of.

I know more people who have died of flu including H1N1 (which made me VERY ill) than this. All the folks I know who have been severely ill from Covid have been those who are vaccinated and have plenty of health problems including being obese. For me WITH a lung disease it was a few days of feeling crap and one day of fever. Swine flu had me on my ass for two weeks thinking I was gonna die.

UK does what the US does, yes? 28 days from positive test = Covid death. Here in the US we have trauma from car accidents, cancer, drug overdoses, heart attacks all labeled Covid deaths despite the obvious fact they only tested positive because they went to the hospital and died there... Where I lived in California they admitted something like AT LEAST 50% of county deaths were from that, not from Covid.

Reactions: 7
Am I alone in feeling a rising sense of panic that we are going into another lockdown?
I'm going into hospital tomorrow to be induced with my second baby. I'm fearful that by the time I come out again everything will be locked down, school closed in January. My daughter will be devastated if school is closed, she was crying at having to miss a few days because of chicken pox a few weeks back. My mental health will not be able take home schooling and a new born.

My mind is racing with it all and I'm terrified of another lockdown.

I've been avoiding reading news because it makes me feel panicky, I might also have to leave this thread at least while I'm in hospital as I can feel my chest tightening while reading it. This isn't going to end well surely we can't go through this again

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Excess mortality cannot be explained by Covid. Covid deaths are making up a small amount of the excess death figures.
Of course, not all excess mortality comes from covid. Overloaded hospitals cause deaths. A percentage of those deaths are not directly linked to covid but they are a by-product of the pandemic and the lack of medical care induced by lockdowns and the pandemic.

The impact of lockdowns cannot be the only explanation otherwise the likes of Australia wouldn't be in minus number in term of excess mortality or Ireland with a very low excess of mortality.

The excess mortality is the lowest in the countries that have been the least hit by covid.

They have a good tracker on excess mortality worldwide:

The U.K. has run now out of LFT kits. What an absolute bleeping farce! How the hell do they expect people to test?!

Reactions: 20
My friend was consistently negative on LFs but had positive PCR. Sadly the tests aren't reliable
Reliable enough for the government to ask everyone who has been a close contact to take one for 7 days or to enter a big event! There has been a lot of speculation about LFT not being accurate, but I read an article recently that said further research has shown that if used at the onset of symptoms they are actually almost as accurate as a PCR. I know there are obv lots of stories of people who tested negative on LFT and positive on PCR, which I know are true, and I think LFT have a smaller window of picking the infection up, which is why doing them once or twice a week may not pick infections up, as your highest viral load may have been on the day you didn’t test.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.