Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Which is normal for this time of year. Getting people to constantly test and having the unvaccinated self isolate if they have come into contact with someone with covid is a joke.. are they going to pay the 10 days of wages that people will loose out on even if they haven’t got covid but are still required to isolate? Paying people’s bills etc? Will they shite!
Not where I live. There might be a slight tension in winter but they normally don't need to cancel surgeries and transfer patients. Also where I live when people test positive they receive a sick leave from their doctor and their employer has to pay them.

As for the UK, with that current situation described in this article I do hope you won't need any healthcare soon. That doesn't seem to be a normal situation even for winter. When I lived there I needed once to go to the A&E and things weren't like that.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The fear of an Omicron wave and trauma of past 2 years is making some staff refuse to be redeployed to Covid wards. The NHS faces mounting pressures on all sides. My piece today for <a href="https://twitter.com/thesundaytimes?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@thesundaytimes</a> <a href="https://tattle.life/threads/19920/">pic.twitter.com/kVpmJhDesh</a></p>&mdash; Shaun Lintern (@ShaunLintern) <a href="">December 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I can’t lie I’m slightly worried about this. I’ve just broken up with my boyfriend and I’m moving to a new city to start my dream job in January. This will be my first time living alone in a tiny studio. I’m really scared about going into another lockdown as I really don’t want to be working from home in a tiny place with no one there. Can someone reassure me pleaseeeeee 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 13
What a mess the whole thing is. We all took it so seriously in the beginning and now it’s fallen apart.

Reactions: 11
The decision whether to bring passports in is being voted on tomorrow I think but this tweet was posted last week, the day after Boris announced Parliament would be voting on bringing them in.

In other words, they tweeted passports would be required BEFORE it was actually voted on so they were going ahead regardless

ok. Well it doesn't look like there's much overall political opposition so I think it's a done deal.

I agree that this was always going to be implemented, before Omicron arrived on the scene.

Reactions: 5
Honestly has anyone else just had ENOUGH?!

I’m at point where I don’t care/not scared about Covid but the constant change in rules and announcements is more stressful than the actual ‘issue’ itself!!
The mental health fallout is much more dangerous than the virus. I CAN'T homeschool again it almost broke me especially in February/March. If it happens again I'll be on the phone to the school advising the sane.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Its apparently a pre recorded about the boosters and no new restrictions will be announced.

From Tuesday you dont need to isolate if you are a close contact with a positive case but you have to lateral flow test for 7 days. Unvaccinated, you have to isolate for 10 days. The only time you need to isolate as double vaccinated is if you test positive.

Passports are in and required from the 15th. You need to be double vaccinated or provide proof of a negative lateral flow.

Apparently they will endeavour to keep schools open in January but this cannot be guaranteed.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
I am lost with these current rule changes. Isolate, don’t isolate. Work from home, have your Christmas party though. Wear a mask in shops, go to the bar next door dont social distance or wear a mask. Sooooo OVER IT.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I can’t lie I’m slightly worried about this. I’ve just broken up with my boyfriend and I’m moving to a new city to start my dream job in January. This will be my first time living alone in a tiny studio. I’m really scared about going into another lockdown as I really don’t want to be working from home in a tiny place with no one there. Can someone reassure me pleaseeeeee 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Congratulations on the new job and new City move- exciting times. I can offer no reassurance, but would recommended meditation to help you ground into the present moment and release any future based fear and anxiety. Moment, by moment by moment. Easier living with less overwhelm!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I am lost with these current rule changes. Isolate, don’t isolate. Work from home, have your Christmas party though. Wear a mask in shops, go to the bar next door dont social distance or wear a mask. Sooooo OVER IT.
Honestly me bleeping too. I’m definitely not a covid denier as I saw first hand how it affects people as my dad was in hospital for a long time with it. However, a year later, I know this can’t go on. I always feel like I can’t make any big life decisions because I’m scared lockdown will affect it!

Reactions: 17
Its apparently a pre recorded about the boosters and no new restrictions will be announced.

From Tuesday you dont need to isolate if you are a close contact with a positive case but you have to lateral flow test for 7 days. Unvaccinated, you have to isolate for 10 days. The only time you need to isolate as double vaccinated is if you test positive.

Passports are in and required from the 15th. You need to be double vaccinated or provide proof of a negative lateral flow.

Apparently they will endeavour to keep schools open in January but this cannot be guaranteed.
Oh my goodness I can’t believe we are here again thinking about schools closing 😩. I hope to god they go back in January. We are not just talking about education here it’s social and emotional. It’s seriously sooo damaging. My youngest is 5 when lockdown first began she was in nursery then all the time in reception not to mention bubble closures they are so far behind in every aspect. I work with her at home every evening but like her teacher said it is not just educational.

Reactions: 15
If we go into a lockdown I’m happy to share my insta for you to inbox me 😘😘

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Congratulations on the new job and new City move- exciting times. I can offer no reassurance, but would recommended meditation to help you ground into the present moment and release any future based fear and anxiety. Moment, by moment by moment. Easier living with less overwhelm!
Awww thank you so much! Yes that’s a fab idea!! 🥰💕💕

If we go into a lockdown I’m happy to share my insta for you to inbox me 😘😘
That is so sweet! Thank you! Honestly me too 😘😘😘

Reactions: 5
Honestly me bleeping too. I’m definitely not a covid denier as I saw first hand how it affects people as my dad was in hospital for a long time with it. However, a year later, I know this can’t go on. I always feel like I can’t make any big life decisions because I’m scared lockdown will affect it!
This is how I currently feel! Feel like
I can’t plan a holiday abroad etc! I know it’s the small things but ultimately this is what i work for to enjoy these things!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
They can get fucked with talk of closing schools.
I’m not being dramatic when I say that I don’t know how I survived.
I came out of homeschooling and WFH ( and the rest! ) on antidepressants and anxiety medication. I was broken.
I’ve only just started to feel ok.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Oh my goodness I can’t believe we are here again thinking about schools closing 😩. I hope to god they go back in January. We are not just talking about education here it’s social and emotional. It’s seriously sooo damaging. My youngest is 5 when lockdown first began she was in nursery then all the time in reception not to mention bubble closures they are so far behind in every aspect. I work with her at home every evening but like her teacher said it is not just educational.
Honestly, I can not bare for the schools etc to close again. I work in social care and seen first hand the impact the lockdown has had on children, families etc! Doing this again would be the worst decision ever.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Honestly, I can not bare for the schools etc to close again. I work in social care and seen first hand the impact the lockdown has had on children, families etc! Doing this again would be the worst decision ever.
I work in social care also 😩 it is devastating. I can see it happening though 😭.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.