Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Went to home bargains today and probably 10% had masks on.
Good on them - are people not falling for this nonsense again?

All seems coordinated. We hear it is mild which is a brilliant thing, means it's mutating into the endemic virus we want it to mutate into where it's harmless to the majority (even common colds kill the elderly sadly), but media and government won't ever allow that because it means normal life and no control over everything.

I think governments world over wish to do this yearly or wish to keep a lot of these authoritarian policies in place. I worked in politics - a lot is about power and also using social media and Twitter crazies as a barometer of public opinion. They are into their power and nothing else, as are the health bureaucrats.

Didn't cancel my flight to Heathrow but my finger's essentially on the 'cancel flight' button :-(

Here in the US I don't think they will do much different except these stupid ineffectual travel bans. It's not politically tenable here any longer. I hope it is the same for you all in the UK.

Reactions: 11
Good on them - are people not falling for this nonsense again?

All seems coordinated. We hear it is mild which is a brilliant thing, means it's mutating into the endemic virus we want it to mutate into where it's harmless to the majority (even common colds kill the elderly sadly), but media and government won't ever allow that because it means normal life and no control over everything.

I think governments world over wish to do this yearly or wish to keep a lot of these authoritarian policies in place. I worked in politics - a lot is about power and also using social media and Twitter crazies as a barometer of public opinion. They are into their power and nothing else, as are the health bureaucrats.

Didn't cancel my flight to Heathrow but my finger's essentially on the 'cancel flight' button :-(

Here in the US I don't think they will do much different except these stupid ineffectual travel bans. It's not politically tenable here any longer. I hope it is the same for you all in the UK.
Why would the government want to control "everything"? What advantages would the Covid "policies" bring the government?

So far their way to deal with Covid did them more harm then good: Matt Hancock ousted, Trump booed, BoJo heavily criticised....

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I've put all the tabloid media sites on Leechblock for the sake of my mental health. Really helped last time.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It’s never going to be like March 2020 because let’s face it very few people are scared of covid anymore and are just so sick of it (me included 😂).

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This image of Boris having a spiffing time at Peppa Pig World is the funniest thing to come out since Matt Wancock’s seedy affair photo. 😂

B6D182D1-81CE-4FD0-B9DB-0E84806A3B90.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Why would the government want to control "everything"? What advantages would the Covid "policies" bring the government?

So far their way to deal with Covid did them more harm then good: Matt Hancock ousted, Trump booed, BoJo heavily criticised....
A compliant, docile population that goes to work, pays their taxes & doesn't ask questions, is surely preferred by all Govts?

They have plenty to gain from these policies. It's about money and greed ultimately. Giving contracts to their mates for PPE, buying shares in businesses they know will benefit from the restrictions? Testing is a multi-million business now, you can bet some of them have got their hand in that pie.

By continually changing rules, creating confusion, people feel unsettled, and anxious, and are more likely to follow their guidance, saves having to worry about it for ourselves you see? "They know best, they'll do what's right for us".

That's not even touching the enormous Big Pharma companies who are of course benefitting hugely from keeping people in a never ending booster loop - they are almost definitely pumping money into the Govt somehow.

Why all this focus on vaxx-ing primarily the First world countries? Because we have the money.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
A compliant, docile population that goes to work, pays their taxes & doesn't ask questions, is surely preferred by all Govts?

They have plenty to gain from these policies. It's about money and greed ultimately. Giving contracts to their mates for PPE, buying shares in businesses they know will benefit from the restrictions? Testing is a multi-million business now, you can bet some of them have got their hand in that pie.

By continually changing rules, creating confusion, people feel unsettled, and anxious, and are more likely to follow their guidance, saves having to worry about it for ourselves you see? "They know best, they'll do what's right for us".

That's not even touching the enormous Big Pharma companies who are of course benefitting hugely from keeping people in a never ending booster loop - they are almost definitely pumping money into the Govt somehow.

Why all this focus on vaxx-ing primarily the First world countries? Because we have the money.
money, greed, power. Authoritarian policies the default in western society Massive government contracts (testing, example) for them and friends.

also remember, this is popular. People want government to protect them from the bogeyman.

This will never end by design.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This may be why they’re so concerned! If it filters through to the older more vulnerable population as quick as in Africa it could wreck havoc on the health system with cases so big as is ,
57BE968F-CE1A-4930-9B58-E4EE2CE4FEF9.jpeg
pos rate in Africa has gone from 2% to 9% in under a week

A walk in test site by me is making children wear masks! The parents refused for the under 4's and were told not to come back again and to home test in future

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I took my 4 year old niece to a buffet last week and they wouldn’t let me take her near the area where the food was as she didn’t have a mask I was given a list and she was to pick so we just left

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Can anyone summarise what the treat is for the new variant? I feel like everyone is panicking yet no one seems to know what’s going on?
Is it likely that Christmas will be cancelled?

Reactions: 2
Can anyone summarise what the treat is for the new variant? I feel like everyone is panicking yet no one seems to know what’s going on?
Christmas will only be cancelled if people allow it to be cancelled.

Reactions: 15
I swear to god, if they close schools again I will bleeping riot in the houses of Parliament myself. My sons education has been disrupted enough. It CANNOT happen to our poor children again.

Reactions: 17
South Africa virologists have said they should know more about transmission and how it is effecting people in next couple of weeks, hopefully if we are careful now people can have a normal Christmas.I am due to travel soon to Eastern Europe but may not go, depending on how things are even if flights go, I will lose the money but the holiday was inexpensive

Reactions: 3
There's no treat that's for sure 😂

DAF54B4D-BF1B-4347-A9B0-1496EF06B16B.jpeg

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.