Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It feels like an endless cycle of masks, tests, vaccines and restrictions with no hint of normal life returning any time soon. My mental health is shot to pieces after the last 2 years and I know I’m not the only one. This along with the never ending rises to the cost of living, energy prices, food prices, inflation - it’s all too much. There’s no joy in anything anymore. It’s more likely that further restrictions will be put in place in 3 weeks time in my opinion whether people wear masks or not.

I don’t care if I sound like i’m having a pity party or that they had it harder during the war, this is situation we are in now and it’s bleeping crap.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
Seriously, go to the pub, sit down at a table with your friend, keep your distance from other people there, avoid the drunk gang and if the pub is too full then go to another one
Without meaning to be flippant, you’ve never been out in Newcastle.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Out of interest , I really hope someone can answer this. I have covid and today it seems to be getting worse not better . What happens when my isolation period finishes but I still feel like crap .
Do I test ???? If its positive still I go off again right ?? I was planning on doing a LF and a PCR 2 days before I'm due back . I've got 2 days off after my isolation ends but if I'm still unwell and testing positive I still have covid right ?
You're fine after 10 days as long as you don't have a temperature.

And you shouldn't retest within 90 days unless you develop new symptoms. On going symptoms such as a cough is fine as the cough can last weeks after.

Reactions: 2
Out of interest , I really hope someone can answer this. I have covid and today it seems to be getting worse not better . What happens when my isolation period finishes but I still feel like crap .
Do I test ???? If its positive still I go off again right ?? I was planning on doing a LF and a PCR 2 days before I'm due back . I've got 2 days off after my isolation ends but if I'm still unwell and testing positive I still have covid right ?
Once isolation is done you can go about your business (if feeling up to it) as you are not deemed contagious. Hope you feel better soon. Take care.

Reactions: 1
Two cases of Omicron found in Australia. They will absolutely be losing their tit over that.

Reactions: 9
Had my first jab almost a year ago and i still get arm ache every so often at the injection site!
A friend of mine has had issues with his arm ever since his first jab. Obviously we don't know if it is connected but he believes it is

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I've already decided if I have to home school again I'm getting signed off work for my mental health. I cannot work and teach at the same time, and I don't have a support network to help.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
A friend of mine has had issues with his arm ever since his first jab. Obviously we don't know if it is connected but he believes it is
it's very common and I'm always telling people about it, I I can imagine the injuries have grown hugely since vaccines have been done by volunteers

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Going to a supermarket to get supplies cannot be avoided at times - the elderly or more vulnerable people will need to visit supermarkets if they need something, whereas you most likely won't find them in the pub.
So they will be protected by people wearing masks in the shops.
I'm CEV and you're more likely to find me in a pub than my local asda 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
It does feel like we are back to March 2020 expect it's worse because we've had tastes of "freedom" since then and this will be the second Christmas in a row wrecked by Covid.

It feels like this will be how things are for the rest of our days, although hopefully that's just me and my annoying habit of catastrophic thinking.

Reactions: 5
It doesn't feel like March 2020 to me as I don't think people give as much of a tit this time. It will be interesting to see what compliance is like on Tuesday. Also I'm used to the media trying to doom and gloom everything. They can duck off with the press conferences as well

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.