Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Knot and tucking the mask is the best way for the securest fit and nip it across the bridge and then put glasses on top lastly
I’ve done that, glasses just slip off whenever I’m looking down at something on a shelf, I’ve had to have them repaired twice! 😂

Reactions: 3
Oh man not the masks again. I don’t even have any now so I’m gonna have to order some. When does this rule come into place is it tomorrow ?

Reactions: 3
I mean you could wear your mask correctly and you wouldn’t have a issue with fogging
My glasses fog up in winter when I go in a warm shop even I haven't got a mask on .

Wearing a mask makes the curl come out of my eyelashes too .

I’m ao bleeping pissed off with the masks returning, i don’t give a tit if nurses/doctors can wear them for 12 hour shifts, I can’t breath in them and i don’t want to wear one, my baby gets hysterical when she can’t see my face properly when we’re out.

What the duck is the point of vaccines then if we still have to deal with this bullshit!?
I totally agree with you. Just as we're starting to feel happy and looking forward to a "normal" Xmas they shoot us with masks. I never liked them and never will - they give me headaches that I can do without.

Reactions: 12
To those who are considering going back to or getting a lanyard please don't.

Wearing a lanyard is compliant. It's important not to comply. If you are challenged, ignore the challenge and if they persist calmly ask them to read the Equality Act.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
My glasses fog up in winter when I go in a warm shop even I haven't got a mask on .

Wearing a mask makes the curl come out of my eyelashes too .
That's a good point - I think some glass wearers assume it's their mask that's making their glasses fog up, when they probably would have fogged up anyway.

But for most people, if they let the bottom of their glasses rest on their mask, the fogging goes away.

Reactions: 2
My mum swears by neat fairy liquid. Rub some on your glasses and it stops them fogging.
I brought this up with my optitians he absolutely told me not to do this as it does work but ruins the glasses , strips the lens or something.

Reactions: 7
When do these rules start?
I think we're meant to assume they're effective immediately.

Though Boris did say that Sajid Javid would be making a statement in the next couple of days, so who knows? Typical Boris. :D

Reactions: 2
I brought this up with my optitians he absolutely told me not to do this as it does work but ruins the glasses , strips the lens or something.
Oops. I better tell my mum then haha. I think she's only done it a couple of times - though she did recently mention doing it again soon!

Reactions: 1
Knot and tucking the mask is the best way for the securest fit and nip it across the bridge and then put glasses on top lastly
It hurts my ears if I knot it and the glasses still fog up .I just put my glasses on top of my head until I go outside again.

Reactions: 1
It’s very easy for people to say just don’t wear a mask - some of us have no choice, I will literally get fired if I don’t. So what am I supposed to do? Lose my job, income and ultimately my home? To stand up to the man? We can’t all fight the big fight without huge consequences. If you are willing to accept those, then absolute kudos to you, but please don’t look down on those who aren’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Boris can f**k off.
My sister is due to fly back from Italy on 18th December for the first time in 2 and a half years.
My mum had a stroke earlier this week (thankfully not a huge one) and being able to speak at Christmas is her main goal right now.
No way am I following any restrictions anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I get people not wanting to comply with not seeing relatives etc.but really all this fuss about a bit of cloth over your mouth. Talk about first world problems! It's hardly like living under the gestapo is it? Some people don't know they're born.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I get people not wanting to comply with not seeing relatives etc.but really all this fuss about a bit of cloth over your mouth. Talk about first world problems! It's hardly like living under the gestapo is it? Some people don't know they're born.
Whilst I see your point, the bit of material (often unwashed) over someone’s face, sadly doesn’t make a blind bit of difference to catching the virus or not.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.