Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #105

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Again from my own personal experience and not from any statistics or crap posted on the Internet but I currently have Covid in my house and 2 other family member households currently have Covid in the house.
The only ones to currently not have caught it are the ones who have been double vaccinated.
Coincidence? Maybe but I don't believe so.
I know quite a few people in this situation too. I don’t believe it is a coincidences, I believe the vaccine is playing a role in reducing transmission. And no I am not on Pfizer’s payroll. 🤪

Reactions: 2
You don't want to endanger anyone but the reason you got it is so you can go to events and travel freely 😂 better watch out you're not spreading it as you go 🥴
Don't worry, I am not spreading it.

I also test!
It is possible!!

With masks, hands, distance I am very unlikely to catch it.

So don't fret and don't frown 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I sometimes come on this thread/social media and think we’d all be better off if there was a nice little virus that wiped us all out.

humanity is fucked, humans have lots the ability to be… human.

I’m not gonna bother saying anything more but the judgemental, aggressive, nasty bullshit I sometimes read.
Bat and basil soup for all.
Covid has just shown peoples true colours.

Mainly that all people are utter cunts and selfish twats.

The absolute arrogance, ignorance and lack of empathy and understanding on these threads is ridiculous, alongside people are literally wanking themselves silly over the thought of a two tier society so they get more opportunities to crow over how superior they are.

I can't imagine labelling everyone an anti vaxxer without listening to why they haven't been vaccinated because as far as they are concerned, There is no reason good enough and even when I was forced to give my reasons, they told me I cant argue with science while simultaneously telling me that the advice I was given was wrong (advice given gp and Consultant)

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The unvaccinated are quite rage-filled aren’t they? Any science on that?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I know quite a few people in this situation too. I don’t believe it is a coincidences, I believe the vaccine is playing a role in reducing transmission. And no I am not on Pfizer’s payroll. 🤪
I agree.
I still hold the opinion though that the vaccine has to be a personal choice.
I choose not to have the flu vaccine despite working in a hospital.
However I do feel that if I show symptoms then it is my responsibility to stay away from indoor public places and work and around my family when I can.
It is just common courtesy.
Yes there will always be those who are asymptomatic but that can be said for anyone with or without the vaccine and in my opinion not much can be done about that.

Again from my own personal experience and not from any statistics or crap posted on the Internet but I currently have Covid in my house and 2 other family member households currently have Covid in the house.
The only ones to currently not have caught it are the ones who have been double vaccinated.
On the flip my husband is unvaccinated all his family siblings and parents caught it (all fully vaccinated )he didn't besides being a close contact ,he's travelled throughout the pandemic and never caught it ( unless asymptomatically) so it's very much down to how your immune system deals with it .

Don't worry, I am not spreading it.

I also test!
It is possible!!

With masks, hands, distance I am very unlikely to catch it.

So don't fret and don't frown 😉
None of those are 100% though it only takes one person to start an epidemic ,just thought I'd remind you of that saying as you're so worried about passing on an airbourne virus ;)

Reactions: 5
I'm not especially ragey, but it is tiresome having to defend your every move at every turn to people whose business it is not, and to then be told you are wrong, about to kill granny, selfish etc.. I think it is only natural for people's patience to wear thin.

Reactions: 14
I'm happy to be "rage filled".

That rage will go but some people will always be cunts 🤷‍♀️

I can't even believe you are crowing over this. I'd be more embarrassed at how disgustingly ignorant you are, in fact I think you were one of the bell ends telling me to ignore my consultant and GP and to go and get vaccinated.

Still, if it boosted your superiority complex a little bit more....

• Heart
Reactions: 7
On the flip my husband is unvaccinated all his family siblings and parents caught it (all fully vaccinated )he didn't besides being a close contact ,he's travelled throughout the pandemic and never caught it ( unless asymptomatically) so it's very much down to how your immune system deals with it .
I had Covid and was asymptomatic (I only know this as I am part of a NHS study that tests for antibodies) and I agree that all our immune systems will deal with it differently just as with any illness.
However the invention of vaccinations has allowed us to survive much longer than before vaccines so they are not a bad thing.
However I still feel it should always be a choice.
As I said in a previous post, I don't have the flu jab because it makes me ill and I personally don't feel that it benefits me.
However I respect my colleagues and others who do choose to have it and they respect my choice also.

If I was showing symptoms of flu I would isolate myself as it would be the decent thing to do.

Reactions: 3
I'm happy to be "rage filled".

That rage will go but some people will always be cunts 🤷‍♀️

I can't even believe you are crowing over this. I'd be more embarrassed at how disgustingly ignorant you are, in fact I think you were one of the bell ends telling me to ignore my consultant and GP and to go and get vaccinated.

Still, if it boosted your superiority complex a little bit more....
pretty sure I’ve never engaged with you before - you sound lovely though

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Thats not our experience. I know a family of 4 who had covid, 2 vaccinated, 2 weren't. 1 vaccinated and 1 unvaccinated caught it.
Someone else I know, all vaccinated, all caught it...1 ended up in hospital, the other was close.
My husband knows multiple vaccinated people at work all dropping like flies. Either all their families, or 2 or 3 members are catching it as well.
I'd agree that it was coincidence, especially that even before vaccines it was published that family members had about a 17% chance of also testing positive if someone in the house had it

None of those are 100% though it only takes one person to start an epidemic ,just thought I'd remind you of that saying as you're so worried about passing on an airbourne virus ;)
Thanks for your advice and concerns, it means a lot.

But I guess I do everything I can, eh? 😉

On a more serious note: Nothing wrong for showing concern for others. I am not being vaccine- and mask-shamed, thank you very much.

Thats not our experience. I know a family of 4 who had covid, 2 vaccinated, 2 weren't. 1 vaccinated and 1 unvaccinated caught it.
Someone else I know, all vaccinated, all caught it...1 ended up in hospital, the other was close.
My husband knows multiple vaccinated people at work all dropping like flies. Either all their families, or 2 or 3 members are catching it as well.
I'd agree that it was coincidence, especially that even before vaccines it was published that family members had about a 17% chance of also testing positive if someone in the house had it
These are not people "I know" that im talking about .
This is happening to me and my family right now and my work colleagues.
Two of my colleagues at work have caught it despite being double vaccinated but the majority that are going off sick with Covid are the ones that haven't been jabbed.

No way is all that coincidence.
I respect everyone's choices not to be jabbed but I don't respect the trying to downplay that the vaccines are playing a part in helping in the fight against Covid.

Reactions: 1
I'm not especially ragey, but it is tiresome having to defend your every move at every turn to people whose business it is not, and to then be told you are wrong, about to kill granny, selfish etc.. I think it is only natural for people's patience to wear thin.
You know, nobody has to get the vaccine.

So far nobody stood up and said:
I don't want the vaccine, I don't want restrictions but if I were to catch the virus I would still do what I do and if I get ill I would go to hospital and if I infect someone else then I prefer this to being vaccinated.

But wouldn't this be honest?

I did get the vaccine
1) For myself (events and travel) BUT ALSO
2) To not infect others (if I were to get sick). I would have got the vaccine for this reason alone also.

Just think about my dentist, hairdresser etc - I would expose them to risk if I would be careless. Who wants that?

I respect everyone's choices not to be jabbed but I don't respect the trying to downplay that the vaccines are playing a part in helping in the fight against Covid.
Precisely!

It is as everyone that doesn't want to be vaccinated has a compulsion to state that vaccines are not working anyway.

You know, nobody has to get the vaccine.

So far nobody stood up and said:
I don't want the vaccine, I don't want restrictions but if I were to catch the virus I would still do what I do and I get ill I go to hospital and if I infect someone else then I prefer this to being vaccinated.

But wouldn't this be honest?

I did get the vaccine
1) For myself (events and travel) BUT ALSO
2) To not infect others (if I were to get sick). I would have got the vaccine for this reason alone also.

Just think about my dentist, hairdresser etc - I would expose them to risk if I would be careless. Who wants that?
NO ONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYBODY ELSE'S HEALTH.

I am not any more responsible for you any more than you are for me.

I take immuno suppressant medicine not once have I blamed anyone else for a cough I catch that leads to a chest infection that leads to a ITU stay, I have not once sat down and thought who coughed near me and nearly killed me and gone on to make a voodoo doll of them and exacted revenge.
Which appears to be how vaccinated folk operate.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Thanks for your advice and concerns, it means a lot.

But I guess I do everything I can, eh? 😉

On a more serious note: Nothing wrong for showing concern for others. I am not being vaccine- and mask-shamed, thank you very much.
Ah good! Same as me then ,only I’m not judgemental to what others choose to do .I look after my own health and Aggie at no 9 can do the same ,that way we’re confident in whatever choice we make will be in our own best interests and not have to rely on a careless neighbour who might slip up 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 4
NO ONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYBODY ELSE'S HEALTH.

I am not any more responsible for you any more than you are for me.

I take immuno suppressant medicine not once have I blamed anyone else for a cough I catch that leads to a chest infection that leads to a ITU stay, I have not once sat down and thought who coughed near me and nearly killed me and gone on to make a voodoo doll of them and exacted revenge.
Which appears to be how vaccinated folk operate.
I see this differently.

I feel people are responsible for each other and should watch out for each others.

I am not talking about taking revenge and crafting voodoo dolls.
I am talking about being considerate and having empathy.

I also wouldn't cough near you, by the way, and it is clear that your life would be easier if people would cover their mouths when coughing.
It is a simple thing to do.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.