Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #105

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh how lucky I've been selected again for an antibody test. Third time. Can't wait 🤣 should show antibodies this time mind from having covid whereas before I hadn't. Be interesting once I muster the courage to jab and squeeze my finger again haha
My dad made such a big fuss about pricking his finger. Is it actually that bad? :ROFLMAO:

My dad made such a big fuss about pricking his finger. Is it actually that bad? :ROFLMAO:
It's definitely a mind thing because you're having to prick your finger with some clicking device and it takes some build up 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
It doesn't hurt at all but I thought it was hard to get enough blood out. I pricked two different fingers to get enough for mine. Keep your hand in warm water for as long as possible beforehand.

Does anyone get a feeling of deja a vu, cases are rising, nothing being done?

Reactions: 3
If they weren't being rammed down our throats then nobody would care. They've been barely reported for months. We can't keep going lockdown/restrictions/freedom ohhh lockdown forever. It has to be lived with like everything else

Reactions: 15
They were the same in July as things were starting to open up. We have vaccines now. What do you propose we do? This is going to keep happening and we have to learn to live with it.

Reactions: 13
They were the same in July as things were starting to open up. We have vaccines now. What do you propose we do? This is going to keep happening and we have to learn to live with it.
My favourite line of the moment is the well it was summer then and more people were outside (when they predicted the same 100k cases a day and didn't happen)

Dunno where everyone else is from but from my memory the UK "summer" was a total washout and the sun came out to play in September 🤣

Reactions: 12
Nobody's disputing the fact we have to live with it but when the tit hits the fan there's only one loser and it ain't the government

Ah! So the panic begins 😏
43C49F43-A70A-4D99-924B-84F8572F8038.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Nobody's disputing the fact we have to live with it but when the tit hits the fan there's only one loser and it ain't the government

Ah! So the panic begins 😏View attachment 822367
Media have to report some form of panic now. Lol can't do Xmas as realised that wasn't working as still 2 months away. Petrol worked briefly so they've reverted back to covid scaring

Reactions: 10
If they weren't being rammed down our throats then nobody would care. They've been barely reported for months. We can't keep going lockdown/restrictions/freedom ohhh lockdown forever. It has to be lived with like everything else
Thing is it's not about what is happening in the street, or even in schools/colleges... it's all about the hospitals. I work in healthcare, the system is already on its knees and we haven't hit peak season yet. People want to live a normal life but expect that when they are sick/injured, the service will be there for them to use. At the moment, those two things don't seem to be compatible. I'm not sure what the answer is, but I'm pretty sure if the govt keep sticking their fingers in their ears it won't end particularly well.

You can tell the hospitals are overwhelmed. My friends son is having to wait 3 weeks for a plaster cast. Lucky its half term next week but he might have to miss the following 2 weeks of school because they can't allow him in if its not in plaster (just in a support thing that comes on and off now)

• Sad
Thing is it's not about what is happening in the street, or even in schools/colleges... it's all about the hospitals. I work in healthcare, the system is already on its knees and we haven't hit peak season yet. People want to live a normal life but expect that when they are sick/injured, the service will be there for them to use. At the moment, those two things don't seem to be compatible. I'm not sure what the answer is, but I'm pretty sure if the govt keep sticking their fingers in their ears it won't end particularly well.
I work in social care and I feel we are equally on our knees here lol we know that the promised finances won't come anywhere near us aswell. We also have to deal with the aftermath as it were so believe me I get it but the mental health issues are insane - we've never seen anything like this and that's another area getting sweet FA from the government despite the crap they peddle.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Media have to report some form of panic now. Lol can't do Xmas as realised that wasn't working as still 2 months away. Petrol worked briefly so they've reverted back to covid scaring
I'm not sure how much fearmongering goes on in England they have a large healthservice but I do know it's dire where I am not even through the press reporting I know someone that works in healthcare but as was posted earlier the sickest kids are having their ops postponed and they don't do that lightly ,especially kids with cancer.

I'm not sure how much fearmongering goes on in England they have a large healthservice but I do know it's dire where I am not even through the press reporting I know someone that works in healthcare but as was posted earlier the sickest kids are having their ops postponed and they don't do that lightly ,especially kids with cancer.
The media have been quite horrific during this - and its seriously affecting some people's MH which is why half of the social care staff are also struggling because we are trapped to what we can even offer people (no resources/money/people etc etc)

• Sad
The media have been quite horrific during this - and its seriously affecting some people's MH which is why half of the social care staff are also struggling because we are trapped to what we can even offer people (no resources/money/people etc etc)
yeah our social care system is awful even before the pandemic care packages are few and far between ,where I am people are having to spend months in hospital because there's no care to allow them to return home many never get home again .It's one of the most neglected sectors of the healthservice .

OK my predictors is we limp along to the 13november maybe the week after when plan b is implemented or worse lockdown.
They waiting until after this cop conference in Glasgow which no doubt like Cornwall will see a rise in cases..
They will rely on the 1 week school half term and hope they bring cases down im not so sure as lots mixing takes place over half term

I think Wales will act 1st. I also think if Scotland shoots up they will act
As for ni not sure they seem to be constantly struggling with Ireland being almost as crap as UK for managing covid..

Rates are sky high south west due to wrong pcr tests.
Its not just affected South west its affected South East and Wales too 43k plus people told they were negative that went onto spread covid that dident get a mention at press conference I was fuming.
Looking forward half term to hibernate slightly.

Still feeling really ill but pcr is negative.

Apparently plan B won’t work either, Scotland and Wales already operate it and it’s not making a difference

• Sad
Reactions: 6
The NHS has been on its bleeping knees for decades, forcing people to have experimental vaccines for a virus most people have little to no risk of, is not the solution. Most people are double vaxxed or even triple now and it’s still not going away, because it won’t and even if it did, there will just be something new. We are grossly overpopulated, have a serious problem with poor lifestyle choices and in high stress states from the demands of a Western way of living. COVID isn’t destroying the NHS, that is and still will be even if we were all vaxxed.

The joke of saying people expect the NHS to still be there for them, as if somehow that is a high expectation. We pay for it, it is literally a service that onus shouldn’t be on us to fix. Yet we can barely even get a GP appointment prior to this whole thing, nevermind anything more. You have to quite literally beg, borrow and steal to get anywhere with the NHS. COVID or no COVID.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Bit random but - How long did it take people's NHS dentistry to get back to more normal operations? I just recently went private with my dentist but prior to that they seemed to be dancing around reinstating NHS services for ages. I wondered if this was just them being like that or if it was a common thing.

I can't see there being a lockdown, especially as they have ended the furlough scheme. It would be the final nail in the coffin for the UK.

And the NHS being in trouble isn't new. Already where I live, there are two separate GP surgeries that are now private and they seem to be picking up patients rapidly.

£65 for a 30 minute appointment and they open till 8pm of an evening.

I'm fully expecting more privatisation of the NHS if not completely and I wonder if this is what they want the covid outcome to be?

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.