Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jc456

VIP Member
Infected holiday makers maybe 🤔
I think they are usually busier this time of year with so many more people in the area. One hospital in Cornwall has temporarily closed until around Oct and apparently Exeter is a covid hotspot. Will be a combination of tourists, covid etc.

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
It’s irresponsible to come out of isolation imo not rebel at all, careless in fact. Just my opinion not meaning to cause offence I’m sure it’s just a joke.

monga

VIP Member
Daily infections in official stats being down by six figures in the past week isn't guess work. It's happened. It's like when we get told only like two thirds of young have had the jab yet Scarborough as one example is over three quarters.....

L2M2

Thanks, appreciate the response.

Ok, makes sense. How about just going for a hour long walk? I know you're not a medic, so probably best to ask a professional, but just thought I'd ask here too.
I went a walk after my vaccine (AZ) plus went for drinks.

Moth

VIP Member
.... ME: is this true? Are there a lot of people in the U.K. catching Covid after getting the jab?

.... David Javid: Over 60%
60% of fully vaccinated people are catching Covid-19 or 60% of people catching Covid-19 have been fully vaccinated? Either way is there a source for this?

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
The stats presented on that post only show people who got covid badly enough to need emergency care. They do not reflect the effectiveness of the vaccine over the population as a whole.

As for whose responsibility it is to take the vaccine that is of course the choice but vaccination programmes are a collective effort that need as many people as possible to make it work.
Ok so if people are not needing hospital care then they are coping at home presumably?

recent reports show that the viral load of vaccinated people is the same as unvaccinated people so you could have an argument it’s pot luck whether it works or not.

Thats not 4%, if 200 per 10,000 die of covid vaccinated and 600 per 10,000 die of covid when unvaccinated you basically have 3x the risk of dying if you are unvaccinated, not a 4% higher chance but a 300% higher chance.
it is 4% difference from the stats I was talking about. Not getting into an argument about it the facts are there for people to read and the link to the data so it can’t be misconstrued

Last edited:

monga

VIP Member
No mandated jabs for students apparently and they’ll make it impossible for business to get insurance unless vaccine passports are used ( reading between the lines)
02B5F304-D6B6-4D2F-8D35-F28F0736F52D.jpeg
BF296280-66C8-4BFB-861C-1AE01FE12A60.jpeg

Thankyou so much for replying, may I ask how old you are? I can’t believe you’ve suffered for so long, this really scares me 😣
Similar age to you, no underlying health conditions and very active (well I was up until 8 months ago). It unfortunately can leave lasting effects on people, I didn’t think I would be in this position due to my age and fitness but it happens. Take it easy and talk to your GP if you feel any worse.

Notworthy

VIP Member
Just to clarify the NI situation, they actually have the lowest rate fof vaccination in the UK, even the Republic has passed them so they are actually a good example of the difference the vaccination programme is making as lowest veccination rate = highest cases currently.

monga

VIP Member

32 million boosters by early December so it's given those who have it last a few weeks for protection to get to full before Christmas Day is a mad timetable and credit to everyone involved in making it happen. We must have enough Pfizer and expected more vaccines to be approved (Valneva) for it to happen without AZ being given. If they jab school children as well that would take a lot of manpower.
It's Pfizer they're using ,most of the people that are in group one will have had AZ as a first vaccine they may use the other vaccines on the younger people as boosters as an alternative to Pfizer.

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
So wheres the heat wave then as they refer to wearing PPE in a heatwave. Big heatwave in the US but nothing here, plus emergency in the UK is almost uniformly refered to as A&E.
Maybe the one in July? That covered most of the UK iirc. Not sure if it was an officially designated heatwave but for a few days it was definitely too effing hot.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Yes but vaccines is something I don't think they have much choice on the jcvi represents all 4 nations if the UK.
We purchased the vaccines as a group the distributed proportionatly.
Ni tricky as roi is vaccinating teens and Ireland have caught up with uk vaccination day.
I believe each nation can do as they see fit with their vaccine allocation. As others have said NI have gone against guidance and Scotland were vaccinating at a much quicker rate than the rest.

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
I'm not confused. According to the ONS, as of the 12th July around 90% of adults in the UK have had at least one vaccine dose. Granted, my previous post referred to 'people' rather than 'adults', but my posts prior to that referred to adults.

Your points about natural immunity, sanitising etc are valid reasons why hospitalisations are lower than they potentially could be, but you would expect these factors to affect both groups of adults (vaccinated and unvaccinated) the same amount, so they do not explain the discrepancy seen between percentage of unvaccinated adults and unvaccinated covid hospitalisations.
well that’s interesting because the governments website updated today at 4pm states 88% have had one dose, 74% two doses (fully vaccinated).

9EF3B645-7397-4CF7-8805-6FAF3247A5D0.jpeg

monga

VIP Member
That's true, I have possibly over night. I've drank about 4 litres today and still thirsty 😫 I'm due a diabetes check, not sure if the excessive thirst is covid or potential diabetes

That's exactly like how I feel! I don't have a fever anymore just a sore/dry throat and feeling dizzy
Hopefully just the fever hope you feel better soon x

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
Do you have examples of this?

I wouldn't say either myself or @JoeBloggs are die hard pro vaccine.

I'm pretty sure the people who are are sticking to all the health measures.

Just because 2 people in a forum who have had the vaccine aren't wearing masks any more doesn't mean that's that's case for everyone
Yes I have lived experience examples because I see people every day, like I mentioned previously above, who are vaccinated now so disregard the masking, hand washing, 2 meter distancing. If you’re not a die hard pro vaxxer then I’m obviously not referring to you specifically.

I never said that was the case for everyone and I’ve been clear about that above.

Oh for goodness sake, I never said 'everyone' who declines a vaccine or supports a protest also supports attacking people. Can we please stop with this playground crap. I just said I do not support people who do it.

The balance of the vaccine is clear, I get that if you don't want it/believe it in your view is not going to be of that of the NHS/majority but it doesn't necessarily make their view unbalanced. The vaccines are working for the majority of people and a very very small minority have an issue, therefore it cannot be a balance viewed as the results are not balanced. It is working therefore that is what is going to be reported in the media, Karen's facebook may say something different.

At then end of the day if you are happy with your research and your decision why do you care what anyone else thinks. If the 'anti/no long/not covid' vaxxers want to be in the papers, get writing. If there are so many with that view it will get out there.
It would be transparent to disclose that there are a minority of people with severe adverse reactions to the vaccine, which would make it more balanced reporting. The no reporting on it at all adds and heightens skepticism.

I felt I needed to make clear I don’t support attacks because of how you worded your last post.

Tublet83

VIP Member
Is the lack of isolation for those vaccinated/kids still happening on the 16th?

If you have to isolate this week then would it end on the 16th?