Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
There is no legal obligation to isolate if pinged by the app. Only if directly contacted by track and trace (and here in wales only if not double jabbed).
I don’t have the app so I don’t know how that works/has worked. Just in general though if someone’s isolating and decides to just come out of isolation I think that’s irresponsible and careless.

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
Education settings shut, natural firebreak from people being at home more and it's going up still. On the plus side 5,608 in UK hospitals is the lowest amount since July 24th when the number was 5,346.

monga

VIP Member
I know I’m always saying about the US and how they love a vaccine mandate, especially Biden

For the love of god why do I need to keep repeating myself, people in Florida spend a lot of time indoors in the Summer due to the heat and humidity, Covid is an indoor illness, there is a far higher chance of being infected by someone carrying covid if you spend time with them indoors than there is if you spend time with them outside. This has been known for over a year now. It's 95 degrees and 98% humidity in Florida in June/July/August, barely anyone that lives there is hanging about outside right now unless they are young.
It said the old people are the least affected ? so that would suggest younger people who would be outdoors ,unless it's the change in the virus and not all down to vaccines as it's a state with poor uptake .

LA set for vaccine passports too

Last edited:

monga

VIP Member
Thank you all, it’s not been a symptom I’ve seen in any article. I’m waiting for a call from my GP to discuss what I can use and still be safe.
The clinic I contact for my midwife was no help yesterday they seem to be washing their hands when it comes to covid due to it being a medical issue.
That’s awful you’d think they’d have a dedicated helpline for women in your position , hopefully your GP will be in touch soon .I can’t believe they just left it without giving you any advice at all x

You have quoted me and said ‘you’re’ so that is directed at me. I have never ever pushed anything onto people, I have my views and opinions but I do not force it on to anyone.
Depends on the way people interpret your posts ,including sighting there’s proof of particular things when there isn’t .

Abcd123

VIP Member
Personally I think it's just flipped. Before it was nasty and dismissive towards people who were sceptical of the vaccine and now it's gone the other way toward people who are sceptical of restrictions ending. I think it's just a narrative shift other than anything else.
That is very true!

Notworthy

VIP Member
Shows what they think of the geordies!

How do you know it’s cheaper to vaccinate than do tests? I would have thought it was much more expensive to procure a drug and pay the salary of the vaccinators than it would be to create at home test kits?

I think the whole idea of flu testing is nonsense though. We’ve been perfectly capable of identifying a flu and staying at home anyway (because when you truly have flu you cannot get out of bed if you wanted to!)
Not true.

monga

VIP Member
Why? From everything I have read lately, vaccinated people can still catch the covid, and they can still spread the covid.
They are just less likely to need hospitalisation or die.

So what good does limiting the customer base to only the vaccinated actually do?
Not much ,only that it will spread amongst the vaccinated ! they even want people to double mask regardless of vaccine status .You should see some of the stuff that's going down in America they're going full throttle against those that don't want vaccines .

monga

VIP Member
All different ages have had blood clots. Until a age group had the jab they didn't know if it caused them. All the vaccines have had blood clots. Pfizer at the highest ratio between jabs to clots.

That sounds pointless. Nobody is going to wear a mask just because they have been pinged as a close contact. Most will just take a LFT not even the PCR they are saying and then get on with life.
Does it mean kids will have to test if the bubbles are done away with? It said required to take two on site tests at the beginning of term followed by twice weekly LFT s at home.

openbook1

VIP Member
How are you meant to prove you’ve been double vaccinated?

It’s my birthday this week and I’m nervous, everyone that’s coming has been double vaccinated bar one. They are all testing before they come as I’m vulnerable but still. It’s the first time I’ve had people over properly (no distancing) in a year and a half.
Here, you get a form saying you are. And you can also log in to your health records online to see it. Are you in the UK?

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
Does anybody know whether effectiveness of the vaccine will be lower after 12 weeks? My friend has his first jab 12 weeks ago, but since then he was undecided about getting the 2nd jab due to misinformation and scaremongering basically.

Now he's decided he thinks he wants to get the second one. What is the efficacy of taking the second jab over the 12 week mark? I haven't been able to find out exactly.

Unspiralled

I did say probably a case not entirely a case. I wish they would put out completely transparent data. My 36 year old cousin has never been included as a stat shared publicly far and wide or a media report after he had a rare adverse reaction to his second vaccine giving him heart failure with his heart operating at 15%. He’s now in recovery on meds the rest of his life, all because he took a vaccine to go on holiday. The consultant has confirmed its linked to the vaccine. His case may not be common, but it happened to him. People need to be aware of these risks and maybe then it would help squash conspiracy theories, there’s never any negative press about the vaccine because they want people to take it and that adds to people who don’t want to take its hesitancy because they feel they’re being withheld some information.
I agree.

I am very sorry about your cousin. I know his life will never be the same but I wish him well for the future.