Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

monga

VIP Member
Just to clarify I don't feel vaccines should be mandatory.
I don't agree with vaccine passports as clearly vaccinated people can transmit the virus.
I just want the same mitigating measures Europe and American are using
Masks indoors
Vaccinating teens
Better ventilation in schools
Distancing where possible and smaller classes the UK has some of the largest classes in Europe.
The city and urban areas have super sized schools.

My 15 year old has mild asthma she is not classes as cev that appears be very narrow list and difficult to access.
Shes encourage get flu jab because of her asthma which is worse in winter.
She won't be 16 until Feb and my local drop in vaccine centre i had my 2nd jab yesterday said under 18s only.
I think depends where you live how easy it is for 16 and 17 year olds get access bit postcode lottery.

Was slow where I am to call up 40 year plus plus .
Lots of speculation that we not vaccinating teens because lack pfizer supply.
We getting more in September.

But then I read this

All over 50s and cev get 3rd pfizer booster in sept which will take up all resources , sites to facilitate them therefore young people still bottom of the priority list.
By that time school will be struggling with covid staff off and kids.
Cases will inevitable spread as we seen twice with secondary age kids being biggest group to increase and many did pass it onto to their parents.

We told last 18months be caution agoud getting covid.
Now media says its inevitable and you won't get that I'll.
I would rather avoid getting ill which is why I decided to have the vaccine.
Although we know now double vaccinated people are getting it and some ending up in hospital.

If they want this herd immunity and they say every jab in arms us helping the UK.
Now they bribing and blackmailing young adults under 25 with free maccy ds vouchers and saying no jab no club why not open up choice to teens and parents as surely that will increase overall percentage of population vaccinated therefore increasing immunity.
They must have stocked up on more vaccines they're offering us a choice of 3 now so maybe they'll use Moderna for the teens as it's been approved for that age group.

fireflies

VIP Member
If you Google nurse immuniser then hundreds of jobs will appear throughout England and Scotland.
Now, it could be for the normal role out for flu/hpv/teen booster jabs.
However, they're asking for the applicant to be up to date on the Gillick test, which I know is now mentioned on school vaccine letters and it never has been before.
Maybe, and more likely, it's for the covid vaccines for secondary age children. This is one I'd love to be proved wrong on, but my gut says otherwise 😔
Yes I saw but think this is to do with flu.
Government don't give monkeys about kids and covid or they would have vaccinated before new academic year term started.
All pfizer will go to boosters over 50s and cev.
My 15 year old wants the vaccine now.

I think there's massive lack of testing and to some extent get why.
Education staff gad to test twice a week term time they want a break.
Parents off work as summer holidays..
Some have breaks away and uk holidays don't require covid tests.
Kids also not regularly testing.
Weather is in the whole good so people happy meet outdoors.

These figures don't fill me confidence numbers won't worsen

274k less tests over 3 days 104k of which are PCR.

Time will tell.

Day 3 since pfizer 2nd dose feel slightly more energetic today but still tired.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Hospitals struggling isn't a new thing. The brand new episode this week of Casualty 24/7 filmed at Barnsley hospital recorded before the pandemic has a bed shortage and no beds available in the whole of Yorkshire for children....

Hospitals were built decades ago. In that time the population has sky rocketed not helped by do gooders wanting to allow anyone on to our island no matter what. Now those same sized hospitals that were fine at the time they were built are far too small to cope in the modern day.
My old local hospital (I have since moved) was build as a temporary hospital for WW2. It cannot cope generally, it shouldn’t still be standing but they were thinking of closing the nearest hospital and leaving it to then take the demand of two. Absurd.

Did you not see the G7 pictures?

Everyone was being super good for the cameras with standing socially distanced. Then someone on the inside leaked the pictures of them hugging, shaking hands, eating and drinking all standing up - you know, all the thing double vaccinated and willing to test frequently people weren't allowed to do, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if when the cameras were put away that Sharma and Charles didn't get close.

Thats no conspiracy, so please don't throw that around, it's plain to see and nothing conspiratorial about it.

However, how do you argue your defence when over 70% of people are double vaccinated and still can't travel freely to and from red countries? They tick all the same boxes as the important people
They were working and under government rules they were allowed. So would you if you were attending a conference that needed to go ahead.

I’m sick of this they can do stuff we can’t, it isn’t as black and white as that. They are there on official work therefore it wasn’t the same as Karen getting her yearly holiday to Benidorm in.

Jc456

VIP Member
Anyone who's had covid, were you really thirsty? I've been so thirsty especially in the evening/during the night

If you do a lateral flow test and it’s positive, but your pcr is negative, do you have to isolate?

back story- I took a PCR test last Monday as I had a cough and cold symptoms- it was negative. I felt better and went to work. My husband started coughing last night and has cold symptoms, so he has had a PCR test this morning. My boss asked me to do a lateral flow test, which is positive 😬 I am having another pcr test today. If that’s negative and my husbands is negative, do I still have to isolate?

Notworthy

VIP Member
Apparently they're in England , they use the term ED where I live ..,AZ is not as good as the mRNA vaccines that’s why it won’t be used as a third booster shot.View attachment 712289
So wheres the heat wave then as they refer to wearing PPE in a heatwave. Big heatwave in the US but nothing here, plus emergency in the UK is almost uniformly refered to as A&E.

Last edited:

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
If fewer vaccinated people are needing hospital care then that would suggest the vaccines are working, and if reports are showing that this is the case even with similar viral loads as unvaccinated people then that would be additional confirmation.

The data which had been posted is not being questioned, it is the lack of context which had been given for the percentages, which might inadvertently have given rise to it appearing to demonstrate something which I am reasonably sure it did not.
The link to the source was given to provide context to the data it’s up to the individual whether they skim past something or read it in whole.

Notworthy

VIP Member
I'm not saying she's lying, and we don't know what hospital in Yorkshire she's working for, but a Google of hospitals across Yorkshire and Humber suggest that things aren't maybe as bad as she's insinuating
[/QUOTE]
I think the stories are based on truth but I don't think they are a Dr. they've basically given away where they are and given out enough information that a patient could be indentified.

Charl28

Myself (28) partner and 3 Yr old son had it in March before the vaccine was available. Son recovered in a few days. Took myself and partner about 2/3 weeks in total to recover smell and stop coughing. Started to feel more normal after a week and a half. Was like a very horrible dose of flu. My other half also has mild asthma and he fully recovered. Hope you all feel better soon 🤒
Thankyou for replying. I’ve had both vaccines. I’m really hope I don’t suffer for too long so glad your partner has made a full recovery! Xxxx

Lisdiz

VIP Member
Was it Treliske? That's reopened and now Launceston miu has closed. I'm in Devon, no idea how busy it is as we've been in isolation since 23rd, another 6 days to go 😭😭
How’s you and the little one? Do you live in Devon?

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
Lucky you, that footage is scarred on my brain for life. Couldn’t escape it every tv news channel and newspaper where reporting them.
I dare say there would have been a lot of that later on, though here I was only talking about the stuff around the time of the news reports mentioned above.

Charl28

Sorry to hear you’ve tested positive, as well as your partner. Must be very hard as you have childern. I had Covid in December 2020 and only now I am starting to see improvements (personal experience and of course it affects everyone differently). I lost my smell and taste too and it is still not the same, I’ve had an on-going cough which is only starting to lessen, chest pain and getting out of breath was quite bad the first 6 months. Slowly seeing improvements.

The only advice I can give you is to take it easy and do not push yourself. Eat nourishing foods, keep hydrated and get plenty of rest and sleep. Probably easier said than done when you have children. If you find that you are struggling and getting worse then speak to your GP, as you are also asthmatic. Wishing you both well and a speedy recovery. Take care of yourselves.
Thankyou so much for replying, may I ask how old you are? I can’t believe you’ve suffered for so long, this really scares me 😣

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
It's Pfizer they're using ,most of the people that are in group one will have had AZ as a first vaccine they may use the other vaccines on the younger people as boosters as an alternative to Pfizer.
Yes it's all over the press Pfizer will be given but of the 100 million doses ordered we don't know how many have been used so far and when we will get the rest delivered. 32 million doses will be needed so that's 68 million other doses, enough to jab 34 million people. The government should put vaccine numbers in the daily stats so we know how many million of each has been given.

Have you got a source for this? Everything I’ve read tells me the opposite. I’ve only read it’s effective against the original variants.
For example, a study conducted by Public Health England found that the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was 88% effective against symptomatic disease caused by the delta variant (people vaccinated were 88% less likely to develop symptomatic infection compared to people who were unvaccinated), compared with about 93% effective against the alpha variant, the previous dominant variant. That study found that the two-dose AstraZeneca vaccine was 60% effective against the delta variant, compared with 66% against the alpha variant.

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
Exempt from testing?? How does that work.

I have heard of people being unable to have the jab. Or being exempt from a mask. But not exempt from testing.

Most tests are personal choice I.e. I am not testing twice weekly like the government would want us to. People don't have to test if they have symptoms if they don't want to. But for an event that is certified as a government test event, where you have to have a vaccine passport or proof of a negative test, I don't understand how an exemption would work.
Some people have medical conditions which make them exempt from testing. Few examples would include learning disabilities or autistic individuals, or with a combination of impairments which result in the same distress and also those suffering from or under medical supervision for acute or evolving serious diseases or those receiving palliative care or undergoing treatment with unpleasant side effects. This isn’t an exhaustive list, but yes you can be exempt from testing.

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
Crazy as in a lot? The hospitals cover a mix across three boroughs in the southeast/south London. Couldn’t tell you but I’d say it is highly populated. There is only one A&E.
Yea sounds like a lot to me, I’ve grown up in the countryside our local hospital is 15-20 mile away seems bizarre to me that there would be a need for 3 hospitals in a 15 mile radius but if the population warranted it I guess it would make sense!