Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

monga

VIP Member
I posted yesterday on another thread ‘there’s no way like the American way ‘ and here we are
2B23B2C5-FE98-4410-B865-7BD544971E7D.jpeg

I see all over 50s will get the a Pfizer booster

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
The Delta variant has become the dominant form of coronavirus circulating globally. It now accounts for 99 percent of all COVID-19 infections in the UK, PHE said.

So with delta being the main strain, evidence that the vaccines are no better than the immune system at preventing transmission of delta, it makes sense why were still in a pandemic. Hopeless.

fireflies

VIP Member
That doesn't explain why the figures today show well over 70k less tests than last Wednesday.
That is massive number to explain and not all attributed to hols.
Last week was 1st full week school holidays Bristol.
Same with Devon and Cornwall..so today is 2nd week school holiday's.
We went to Devon 12th to 16th was quiet at resort, beach and theme park we went to.

Lisdiz

VIP Member
I am day 7 of having covid - today I lost my smell and about 50% of taste. Everything I read says this usually happens on day 3/4. I’m worried at this unusual late onset of loss, because I really don’t want to come out of isolation to my 3 year old and pass it on. My case is mild but now I’m worried I’m not as far into it as I thought. Anyone similar and a late loss of smell and taste?
I lost my sense of taste and smell around day 7 too. As did hubby. Slowly coming back. I also had a mild case.

monga

VIP Member
i can’t find a way to contact them have to wait for them to contact me I think. Ahhh it’s so stressful.
There should be a number attached to the text or else look on the Gov site you can ring them I've rung them a couple of times .

justbeingnosy98

Surely it should be possible to upload proof of your vaccine passport / negative LFT onto a website or app that would link to your football/gig/festival ticket that they scan on the way in? If no proof linked, show on the day or no entry.

Maybe it would be easy to fake passports/tests that way though!?

monga

VIP Member
She should’ve stepped down long ago what a white elephant T&T is .I believe local councils are to play a bigger role in future.

Unspiralled

Yes, the photos and footage from China and India as two good examples shown on and in all MS newspapers and TV news.

I now follow a few journalists who have left MSM because of the propaganda
Would you be able to share a few examples? I've seen you refer to these images quite a few times but I'm not sure if I've actually seem them (or if I have I don't remember). I agree it's not unheard of for images to be used inappropriately or taken out of context (by both mainstream and nonmainstream media).

I’m clearly referring to the video below where they are speaking with the police respectfully. Not everyone is an arsehole, admitting that doesn’t take away that some people are dickheads.
I didn’t say they were. Yes some people approach this respectfully and don’t become aggressive towards the police, then you have others who do the opposite.

Last edited:

monga

VIP Member
The Chinese have put millions in lockdown, testing and vaccinating people

Yes it's all over the press Pfizer will be given but of the 100 million doses ordered we don't know how many have been used so far and when we will get the rest delivered. 32 million doses will be needed so that's 68 million other doses, enough to jab 34 million people. The government should put vaccine numbers in the daily stats so we know how many million of each has been given.

I’m sure I saw somewhere they had 60mil does on order for September

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member

Something to put pressure on Boris to go back to making masks mandatory on trains. The few times I have been on recently I have felt safe sat next to a open window. Have to see what it's like next month when education goes back so it's much busier.

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
I’m on this very trial - and I don’t consider this article a very fair representation and is scaremongering.

All trial volunteers are on the NHS app for domestic use, for travel they have updated the app (couldn’t upload trial participants) Novovax volunteers are on there (obviously working backwards through backlog), and in the interim we were all given paper letters to use for travel, and Valneva are paying for PCR tests if needed for travel in the interim whilst they manually upload all the trial volunteers.
Scaremongering to who exactly? Are you suggesting he’s lying about his experience of being on the trial?

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
I read something similar but it was Professor Andrew Hayward (sits on the New and Emerging Respiratory Virus Threats Advisory Group), talking about the difficulties with herd immunity. The vaccine does not fail completely to prevent transmission…he mentions that vaccines may be around 60% effective at preventing infection.
I know it doesn’t fail completely but it does largely and the worry is that with new variants it is likely to be in a worse state. Prof Pollard is the head of the Oxford vaccine group and he has made clear this virus won’t reach herd immunity so the vaccine programme shouldn’t be promoted around that anymore. We should instead be researching and developing treatment for a management of disease and learning to live with covid.

monga

VIP Member
I wonder how long they can keep going with incentives we know it’s not a once in a lifetime jab 🤷🏼‍♀️ We’re 3/4 weeks away from the reopening of schools with code blacks already being declared..,can’t wait for winter 🥶

Scientists are concerned that the delta variant causes a higher viral load than the alpha strain even after vaccination this came out of public health England yesterday I’ll link the telegraph they discussed it.

Nope, try again.

The article you posted doesn’t have the full article, you have to sign up for access and I don’t really want to do that. 😅 Also the article (from what I can see in the headline) talks about transmission, I thought we were discussing how effective the vaccine was. 🧐

monga

VIP Member
No it won't. Vaccine passports won't stop Covid, pubs quite rightly won't do it and customers will stop going when prices shoot up to pay for it all.

It's important as well that parents leave 16 and 17 year olds to decide for themselves no pressure.

Tell that to local authorities when the Gov wants to know why their cases are rising when they request extra help ,they'll be told to make sure clubs are enforcing them.

monga

VIP Member
Infections are down over 100,000 in a week in official stats. Anything else is guess work by experts who have been wrong for more than right for 18 months.
It's all guesswork 😂 hospitalisations will paint a truer picture.

Last edited: