Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

YorkshireLady

Asking for a neighbour.
Her son was pinged as his stepson has tested positive. He then received a message saying they had pinged him by mistake and to ignore the previous message.
He then moved out of the home immediately and deleted the NHS T&T app. (The marriage is o er and he was leaving anyway)
He has done 3 lateral flows which were all negative.
He’s on day 5.
Should he still be isolating.

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
I am not pushing any narrative. I believe what I believe in and that is my right.

They are preventing deaths and illnesses though so they are doing something. Yes with emerging variants, herd immunity may be questionable.
No one is disputing that they are doing something, but the fact is they aren’t doing what we want and need them to do. Herd immunity is out of the question with the delta variant that exists, it’s going to be worse with emerging variants.

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
Just to clarify the NI situation, they actually have the lowest rate fof vaccination in the UK, even the Republic has passed them so they are actually a good example of the difference the vaccination programme is making as lowest veccination rate = highest cases currently.
You don’t know that it’s specifically the vaccines though, could be peoples behaviour, we know that vaccinated people spread covid too. NI are behind the rest of the U.K. yes, but they are doing well with the majority of those eligible vaccinated fully or partially (84%)

BCA20AD6-FC37-41B6-82B4-F4864A61AA9F.jpeg

monga

VIP Member
Is that tweeter in the US, people are responding as though they are in the UK but ED is not really a British term plus they talk about a heat wave which the US definitely has in places at the moment.

Is there any research yet regarding whether the AZ has better long term affect. I've seen 1 small one that says that the AZ triggers a far better T cell immunity (3x) but that is it. Israel was predominately Pfizer and are now having problems.
Apparently they're in England , they use the term ED where I live ..,AZ is not as good as the mRNA vaccines that’s why it won’t be used as a third booster shot.
48A92048-450B-4518-A140-1A97D94CEE7F.jpeg

lizzies

I can’t link it my phone does come up with the link but if you google Daily Mail Mayo clinic delta variant it will come up.

Ok I didn’t read the article in full and went off the title 😳 it’s not as bad as I made out and the vaccines are preventing hospitalisations. Does anyone know if it’s true that they have pulled J and J ?

Notgonnalie

VIP Member

That's good news. Blood clots are something we've not been told about for a while so I did wonder if people still got them after a jab. Thankfully it looks like they have stopped :)
They’ve only stopped because they’ve stopped vaccinating those groups at risk of them with the vaccine that’s known to cause them it’s hardly surprising 🤷‍♀️

the cases of heart inflammation and heart related problems after vaccination as well as reports of kidney problems are extremely worrying though!

lizzies

I am unvaccinated hesitant because of health issues but going ahead on Wednesday with a Pfizer jab I am aware it’s likely worse to get covid. Maybe I should have had the vaccine sooner but have been petrified. I what I don’t get is how there are more vaccinated people in hospital than unvaccinated? Is this true ?

typenowregretlater

There is no evidence that those vaccinated in December still have any protection

Makes me so upset. Have considered fraudulent ways to get a first vaccine again but of course I would never

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member

Deaths up, infections up and immunity running out for higher age groups. Three jabs in less than a year is going to make people many more billions going forward.

Tublet83

VIP Member
Same as primary aged kids as well, mine has had two years impacted - and I can’t believe any of them are where they should be individually to move up to the next year.

Jc456

VIP Member
I read somewhere to gargle water round your mouth if you have a dry mouth ( handy if you are hungover and wake up with a gob like Ghandi's flip flop) but I could never seem to get the water to the dry bit of my throat.

Drinking lots of water is still beneficial, though
Mines kind of tonsils/larynx area. Just had a Lemsip and feels better. I'm off for an early night

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member

Mentioned a few times on here that they should do this. Get hospital machinery bought to get waiting lists down. People should be able to go to a venue which doesn't have to be a hospital and get seen and their results same day. Technology is advancing that much that in the next few decades at the latest people will be getting scanned everywhere for health reasons.

You'll walk through a scanner to get in a supermarket after swiping your loyalty card, the images passed on to a expert to look at and if they see anything sinister they would get in touch as they have your details from swiping your loyalty card.

Nolongerjustalurker

Chatty Member
A lot of people seem to be getting generally ill at the moment. I think it's an effect of opening up and other things spreading around. The other viruses want their turn too. The annoying thing is that any slight illness at the moment still causes panic, especially in offices.
My best friend and her husband have both been very ill - PCR tests negative so another virus. She said it’s the most ill she’s felt in her life! Her husband is better now but because he still has a bit of a cough he isn’t allowed to go back to work.. so annoying

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
I attended a government certified test event today. We either had to show a negative test result from less than 48 hours, or proof we’d had Covid or the vaccine. Every person was scanned in, that was over 18. The vaccine passport produces a bar code, a negative test shows in the nhs app and also you can show you’ve had Covid too, or at least I can in mine. We were also told a doctor’s letter saying we’d had Covid was acceptable. There’s no exemption unless you are under 18 and it was a ticketed event so if you were under 18 the ticket showed that. People who tried to not show proof were turned away and there were police there keeping an eye on things. The only other exemption we’ve been told is someone with serious mental health or learning difficulties and again, a medical letter was required.
It took longer to get in and get to our seats but it all worked ok. Everyone knew it was happening and people just got on with it.
No photo ID? Otherwise nothing else matters because just because someone is showing 'proof' it doesn't mean it's from them.

Another anti vaxxer passed away because it was too late to get jabbed once he had it.

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
Thanks for this. 18mths is a long time to be so careful for though isnt it. I don't blame you for going to play sport. Was it outside? If so your risk is reduced. You have to be 1m or less for 15mins so hopefully you won't have had that much physical contact with the positive personn... X
There's that but this one is always needing a footnote just in case, to clarify it's a balance of probability thing so if someone is right in your face then your fifteen minutes is basically up.

Fortunately it seems this occasion was a friendly game so nobody up close and shouty! Unless they knew each other really well 😇

Merpedy

VIP Member
The only concern I see with having teenagers vaccinated is that we don't really seem to know how long the vaccines are effective for

Will these people be needing boosters by 18, especially if they're going to go to uni? I feel like uni students are a bit more risk to the general population than a 16-17 year old tbh

Kyriebelle

How are you meant to prove you’ve been double vaccinated?

It’s my birthday this week and I’m nervous, everyone that’s coming has been double vaccinated bar one. They are all testing before they come as I’m vulnerable but still. It’s the first time I’ve had people over properly (no distancing) in a year and a half.

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
As I said earlier, No matter what they do, people will find a way to reason it out in their head and then try to explain it to those who see that it's BS.
I'd be surprised if there wasn't some official reasoning for it all that somehow made it completely within the rules where some identical scenario involving mere plebs would not.

That's not to say that the excuse has any merit, but that old favourite of diplomatic immunity would cover some, and if the hotel was officially designated as international waters for the duration then nothing would apply anyway.
Though I am now curious as to status of things like G7 summit locations, something for me rummage the interrwebs for on a rainy afternoon...