Club football #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
*cough* Tony Mowbray
you need something for that cough 🤨😂
---
Had no idea this thread existed! Huge football fan, 🔴⚪ championship team - had season ticket through school and uni years but now live miles away so I tend to get to as many away games as I can (usually health limited).
Also do FPL, just listening to the podcasts today to get my team sorted for the weekend.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
you need something for that cough 🤨😂
---
Had no idea this thread existed! Huge football fan, 🔴⚪ championship team - had season ticket through school and uni years but now live miles away so I tend to get to as many away games as I can (usually health limited).
Also do FPL, just listening to the podcasts today to get my team sorted for the weekend.
Aye I only found it the other day myself doc. Giving my age away but I played against Tony Mowbray at schools level, directly against him as well, the bruises are only just fading 40 odd years later. Top player and a lovely man who has had his share of tragedy: a limited football manager though sadly. I can see him not lasting the season with you after probably overachieving last term.
Went to Roker Park a few times back in the day but only been to SoL once - a dreadful 0-0 draw about 15 years ago. Let me know if you’re going to a Sunderland v Rovers game 😉🍻

• Heart
Reactions: 1
13 minutes added on at Sunderland. Do we think players and officials will adapt to the new ruling or do we think it will get binned?

Caffeine Fiend, not sure why you're thumbs upping other posts that reference my comments about it being easy to manage Celtic yet had no reply when I pointed out to you, when you provided Neil Lennon (wrongly) as evidence to the contrary, that Lennon won the Treble? At least have some originality instead of piggybacking others.

However, chapeau to OldJam and his cough, it would appear Tony Mowbray was indeed tit and didn't win anything at Celtic. Therefore in the spirit of things, I will go even further and provide another example of someone who couldn't win in a 2 horse race (and I expect a big thumbs up Caffeine for doing the work for you) as I present Exhibit B: John Barnes.

13 minutes added on at Sunderland. Do we think players and officials will adapt to the new ruling or do we think it will get binned?
That’s a good question. I think it will cause a few injuries if they keep adding 10/15 minutes onto each half.

I don't think they will carry it on. The late kickoffs will ensure more and more fans miss their travel connections, especially in January etc. It will be like some rulings today. Arteta gets a yellow (can't wait to see what happens to Klopp) but both Rodri (who gets away with a lot anyway) and Odegaard avoided a yellow for a pull back.

Caffeine Fiend, not sure why you're thumbs upping other posts that reference my comments about it being easy to manage Celtic yet had no reply when I pointed out to you, when you provided Neil Lennon (wrongly) as evidence to the contrary, that Lennon won the Treble? At least have some originality instead of piggybacking others.

However, chapeau to OldJam and his cough, it would appear Tony Mowbray was indeed tit and didn't win anything at Celtic. Therefore in the spirit of things, I will go even further and provide another example of someone who couldn't win in a 2 horse race (and I expect a big thumbs up Caffeine for doing the work for you) as I present Exhibit B: John Barnes.
Another case in point yes. Wasn’t Liam Brady another? Lou Macari? There are a few to be fair on both sides of the old firm.

Had to Wiki but yes you are correct. I will now change my beliefs as winning trophies as Celtic manager seems much harder than I thought.

Thanks very much, I massively appreciate your hard work 👍

Im sure your research has shown that whilst it would seem Brendan should do well it isnt always the case, been many (as youve so well researched) examples of this happening before.

In the bad kit stakes Leeds have really gone for it with this fruit salad vomit coloured third kit.

Screenshot_20230808_203234_Gmail.jpg

They had one job, plain white for home kit, plain yellow for away kit and plain blue for third kit. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Screenshot_20230808_203757_Dolphin.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Every PL club seems to have gone down the route of the ‘magic eye’ puzzles from back in the day for at least one of their change kits. Literally migraine inducing.

Also watched the Southampton game on Friday, and their stripes are so narrow on one half of the kit that on the tv it looked like half the shirt was pink (to me anyway).

Reactions: 3
@docmum mentioned on another thread earlier about making a FPL thread, I think it’s a good idea, would anyone else like that? 😁 currently trying to finalize my team and need some inspirationnnnn

Reactions: 4
Every PL club seems to have gone down the route of the ‘magic eye’ puzzles from back in the day for at least one of their change kits. Literally migraine inducing.

Also watched the Southampton game on Friday, and their stripes are so narrow on one half of the kit that on the tv it looked like half the shirt was pink (to me anyway).
Hope your wee trip wasn’t spoilt by tonight’s outcome doc, though it was nice to see Dacky get some game time. Tony has never prioritised cup comps. We had 5 years of that nonsense. The weather forecast is decent so hopefully you will see the best of this gorgeous country.
😘

• Heart
Reactions: 2
@docmum mentioned on another thread earlier about making a FPL thread, I think it’s a good idea, would anyone else like that? 😁 currently trying to finalize my team and need some inspirationnnnn
I’ll do one now xx

Hope your wee trip wasn’t spoilt by tonight’s outcome doc, though it was nice to see Dacky get some game time. Tony has never prioritised cup comps. We had 5 years of that nonsense. The weather forecast is decent so hopefully you will see the best of this gorgeous country.
😘
I hadn’t checked the result until you mentioned, I knew it was on. Difficult to say if it’s us being our usual let down, or if it is the manager. I was dead against him when we got him, he’s not the ‘style’ of manager the club tend to respond to. But I was surprised he managed to do as well as he did - don’t get me wrong I saw some awful football but would have been happy with a mid-table finish after promotion. Not sure if some of the momentum last season could have been off the back of AN before he ditched us, plus we had the wonder kid Amad from ManUtd.

• Heart
I’ll do one now xx

I hadn’t checked the result until you mentioned, I knew it was on. Difficult to say if it’s us being our usual let down, or if it is the manager. I was dead against him when we got him, he’s not the ‘style’ of manager the club tend to respond to. But I was surprised he managed to do as well as he did - don’t get me wrong I saw some awful football but would have been happy with a mid-table finish after promotion. Not sure if some of the momentum last season could have been off the back of AN before he ditched us, plus we had the wonder kid Amad from ManUtd.
A safe but very frustrating pair of hands but I think you’ll need to bin him if you want to kick on.
We made 11 changes last night and just managed to scrape through in a very entertaining game.

• Heart
I’m in London for work when city play West Ham so just bought a ticket to the game. I’m leaving after the game but staying two nights before. Just got to figure out what I’ll have to do regarding what I can take to the stadium since I can’t leave a bag where I’m staying.. Luckily I won’t need much

I’m in London for work when city play West Ham so just bought a ticket to the game. I’m leaving after the game but staying two nights before. Just got to figure out what I’ll have to do regarding what I can take to the stadium since I can’t leave a bag where I’m staying.. Luckily I won’t need much
I wonder if Westfield has a bag store area/lockers - I’m pretty sure they do have some? Otherwise the main stations have left luggage facilities.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.