Club football #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He was a proper defender at Leeds. The current crop of Premier League defenders aren't fit to lace his boots.

Reactions: 2
Leeds are just starting face to face interviews this week for our new manager, yes the strain ended 3 weeks ago. I know Bielsa arrived on June 25th but we are in a far worse position now. There is not one other manager who will have watched every single minute of it previous seasons games and pulled apart all the data like Bielsa did.

No hurry Leeds, starting to get a real sinking, gloomy feeling about this.

I’m so sad about Gundogan leaving 😭 at least he left after the best season possible. I think city will lose a few more players so could see us signing a few. Laporte, Mahrez, Walker and Bernardo possibly leaving as well. Laporte will almost definitely leave unfortunately. Mahrez and Walker I do think will stay. Bernardo I’m so think he will leave this time, as it’s always rumoured he wants to leave and how Grealish was reacting at the parties info think it will be this time.
Wonder who’ll get Declan Rice

The good news is Leeds have a new shirt sponsor, still no board, manager or transfers but who cares about those. 🤷🏻‍♀️🆘

• Haha
I can't believe Declan Rice's transfer fee was £105m. I think he's overrated!
His fee is due to Grealish’s fee two seasons ago. Transfers are forever going to be skewed because of this. Add on him being English, and also a nailed on England international, and he’s got a tax on his head. Then you have to consider his value to West Ham as an academy kid and the captain. He was never going to go for cheap.

I also think people who don’t rate him haven’t watched much of West Ham in the last few seasons, and that’s fair, this last one in particular wasn’t pretty! He’s extremely good, and you’d be hard pressed to find better English midfielders. Arteta is likely going to make the kid a global name and it kills me.

Reactions: 1
I haven't watched many West Ham games but I base my opinion on his England performances. A lot of people rave about him but I don't see what the big deal is about him.

I haven't watched many West Ham games but I base my opinion on his England performances. A lot of people rave about him but I don't see what the big deal is about him.
He plays a very particular role for England, he sits deep protecting the back as other ball carriers are expected to go forward. I’m not surprised you don’t rate him if that’s all you’ve got to go off, Southgate is very regimented.

Fees for English players are always insane. They are often never worth it when compared to their European counterparts.

Reactions: 3
Will be very happy once the Rice signature is over the line. In no way is he worth the fee (as could be said for transfers across the years past and present) but that's the way it is, mainly due to PSG and their MBappe and Neymar deals as well as Chelsea and City with their gifted cash plus Real Madrid and Barcelona with very creative accounting.

I think Farke could be good for Leeds but who knows. Can’t wait for football to be back again 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Happy first day of the season! Well, to some of us..

It's the only time of the season where I have so much optimism, but by half time, I realise we are still as rubbish as last season 🤣

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.