Club football #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wolves are relegation material this season, no doubt about it.
A serious lack of investment in the squad.

I’m retiring Wolves vs Brighton as a fixture. They’ve always been a bogey team for us even when we were better but I’ve seen us concede 13 goals to them in the past year and a bit (I missed the home game last season where we also conceded three, but at least scored two). I thought we played ok in the first half and some of the second half (after the first 15 mins) but so wasteful and never bloody look like scoring. Absolutely gutting. And now a long journey home, probably with the cries of “Billy Gilmour” all the way to Marylebone. Bleh.

Reactions: 2
I’m retiring Wolves vs Brighton as a fixture. They’ve always been a bogey team for us even when we were better but I’ve seen us concede 13 goals to them in the past year and a bit (I missed the home game last season where we also conceded three, but at least scored two). I thought we played ok in the first half and some of the second half (after the first 15 mins) but so wasteful and never bloody look like scoring. Absolutely gutting. And now a long journey home, probably with the cries of “Billy Gilmour” all the way to Marylebone. Bleh.
Brighton are West Ham’s bogey team too. Haven’t beaten them in the Prem ever, very rarely draw. I always chalk it up as a 3-0 loss each way each season 🤣

crybabyGnoto handed in a transfer request one and a half hours before our game at the weekend. Was told in no uncertain terms that he will not be sold and has had some kind of backdown/apology and is now allowed to train with the first team. Quite good he will be received by then I don't know. After all our captain did say

Screenshot_20230823_134356_Dolphin.jpg

Leeds are either really playing hardball and won't sell or just trying to drive up the price by making it a hasty end of transfer window sale.

Farke had played a blinder here. This has been an absolute shitstorm. Thank goodness he is our manager and not Marsch like last year. There can't be many ways he could have managed this better.

Daniel Farke on Wilfried Gnonto: "At the beginning of the week, he came to see me in order to explain his thoughts and explain his situation. He apologised and said that he has made a mistake.

I also liked the explanation of Willy and that he apologised and was asking if he could be involved back in first team training and is also 100% ready if I choose to pick him in the game day squad. My decision was to give him a second chance and that's the reason why he is back in team training.

He has a chance now to impress in training and to earn a spot in the travelling squad and perhaps even earn a spot playing minutes for us. We must not forget we speak about a 19-year-old boy.

But not to play is not acceptable. When a player behaves like this, you have to make sure you're not blackmailed as a club.

We would have wished that he would have behaved in a different way but I can also understand why his head was perhaps turned.

We've given him a second chance and he 100% knows that there is no third chance. Right now it's up to him to impress with unbelievable hard work to win all the love and the trust and support back. The ball is in his court now."

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I know this will come as a real surprise to many of you but Leeds United have actually signed a proven Championship striker Joël Piroe and have made a formal bid for Nadiem Amiri an attacking midfielder feom Bayern Leverkusen. Nearly fainted when I heard the news.

Maybe things are a teeny bit brighter. If only we could get Sinisterra on board now. 💙🤍💛

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Will take that, however ugly a win it was (poor quality on both sides). Thrilled for big Saša too — he seems like a lovely bloke.
Still think we could be in trouble this season, but a win is a win, even against a poor Everton side.
I cannot believe the under investment from the so-called wealthy owners though, scoring goals was a huge problem last season & could be this season too.
But fingers crossed I am wrong.

Still think we could be in trouble this season, but a win is a win, even against a poor Everton side.
I cannot believe the under investment from the so-called wealthy owners though, scoring goals was a huge problem last season & could be this season too.
But fingers crossed I am wrong.
Definitely in major danger. It's going to be a painful season. But at least we're off the mark. Our first PL win in August since the promotion season in 2018, I read!

Well done Leeds and @ordinaryjelly !

Hopefully Ipswich won't be so cocky now!
The wantaway two (Sinisterra and Gnoto) who now want to stay 🙄 were playing and were electric on the wings. Piroe scoring on his debut was good to see too. So pleased to see Rutter doing well, him and Piroe had some good link up play, switching between positions and both seeming able to do a number 10 role proficiently. It is quite novel as a Leeds fan to see a striker on the six yard box ready for a rebound. I like Bamford but he just wouldn't have been there ready to poach.

A £5 bet on Sinisterra, Gnoto, Piroe and Rutter scoring, plus a Leeds win returned £1,005 so a good day all round. 💙🤍💛👊🏻

Last edited:
  • Heart
I was watching highlights on utube, when I saw this headline...

"Palhinha stuns Arsenal as 10-player Fulham earn late point."

I had to read it twice to understand what it meant.... '10-player'?

Since when has that been a thing?

I was watching highlights on utube, when I saw this headline...

"Palhinha stuns Arsenal as 10-player Fulham earn late point."

I had to read it twice to understand what it meant.... '10-player'?

Since when has that been a thing?
yeah its usually 10 man/9 man who posted that as if from another Country that could be why

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.