Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

RaveChampion

Chatty Member
Wonder how they got to Stonehenge?
Through an ecologically sound interdimensional portal of self righteousness probably.
I wouldn't fancy being the target of a Druidic curse from the Druid King though despite him looking like a Hawkwind roadie. I'd be a bit scared now if I were the sprayers.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Extinction rebellion held a protest in the city I live in a couple of years ago, which included blocking several main roads during morning rush hour. Whilst drivers were stopped, the protestors were coming up to car windows to try and talk to those inside. Very few opened their window or engaged in conversation for long (I was one of the drivers stuck, I wound my window down and just said no, and wound it back up again).
They harm their own cause with these antics.
I do believe we need to take more care of the environment but these protests are not the way to do it.

coriander

VIP Member
Disgusting and laughable behavior. Massive fine I hope. I’ve had enough with extreme climate activists, they’re all unhinged

Notworthy

VIP Member
I am struggling to see how putting orange dye on a snooker table achieves anything for their cause other than to make everyone get pissed off with them. I have learned nothing about what they are trying to prevent from them defacing someone else’s property. Stop hurting everyday people and go lobby actual officials who can influnece change. Ruining a sport match doesn’t save the environment, it’s just a punch in the face to the players and the spectators who put effort in/paid money to participate in recreation as a break from stressful life.
---

People running under their own organic effort and not using cars seems an odd place for the cult to protest about oil :ROFLMAO: They are targeting the wrong things. Pissing off snooker fans and runners is so dumb. Running is better for the environment than a car race, no? Leave the runners alone.
Particularly given that a huge number of participants would have travelled by public transport. But then this is the movement that decided sticking themselves to a train was a good idea. Fucking numpties

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
Today's adventure, protesting against garden exhibits which are of course totally evil and after the snooker incident I'm wondering if we have misunderstood their message? It seems to me their end goal is that anything green must be turned orange.

Top marks to the lady who started hosing them down :)

• Haha

neroli

VIP Member
More excitement for these 2 than they've had for years!

Reality will kick in when they are staring at prison bars and have been abandoned by JSO's Head Honchos.

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
I knew someone who protested with just stop / insulate Britain- he got a suspended sentence and a criminal record. His wife would also post that stupid hashtag everywhere on non related topics.

He now writes : “having lived a relatively privileged life . As a white, middle-class man, I regret not recognising sooner the suffering of others less fortunate than me at the hands of the state.”

:rolleyes:

So cringe. If they feel so bad then sell your home and belongings and give it all to those poor unfortunates and stop disrupting people :rolleyes: #juststopbeingatwat

IngressUK

VIP Member
I agree, they have bought it on themselves however is throwing ink at someone really an appropriate way to deal with it? In my opinion, no it's not. It's only a matter of time before some idiot throws something like acid - would you still have the view that they deserve it then?
Absolutely not.

A substance like acid I would most definately draw the line at.

However much of this has been brought on by the lack of action taken by our Police Forces. If they moved these protesters on within a matter of minutes, not hours, then much of this conflict could be avoided.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Yes - it was their co-founder who appeared on a radio show today and got a right grilling from the host and it was uncovered that she used a diesel car. Apparently can't afford to get an electric. Neither can many of us!
Yes didn't she admit she had a holiday in Costa Rica quite recently too?
Her thrust, when cornered, seemed to be that it wasn't up to the individual to have to change but that government should enforce change. So why then target individuals going about their lawful business? Why should they have to change? No sense.

Last time the bloody idiots glued themselves to electric trains - possibly the greenest and least polluting public transport you can get 🤦‍♀️

Damita

Even if the UK was carbon minus, it wouldn't make an ounce of difference to climate change.

Therefore why aren't these fools protesting in the countries that cause the highest levels of pollution?
Because they are doing what bullies always do, going after the weakest. Could you imagine these bedwetters in communist China or Russia? They wouldn't dare.

• Heart

GladiatorReady

VIP Member
They're back this morning - blocking four routes round London. Just saw a video of men shouting at them that there was an ambulance stuck in the queue and dragging them off the road - only to have them run back on before being dragged off again as the men tried to wave a single lane through.

It's going to end up with someone getting their head kicked in at this rate.

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
👏👏 in Germany

UK (n)(n)

• Angry

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Both sides to this “argument” are passionate il give them that.
I do believe in what they’re fighting for, but I don’t agree with how they’re going about it

8804C83B-8FCD-473E-91A8-5F09139DB863.jpeg

🤣🤣 irony

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
I'm still struggling with the idea that causing tailbacks on or around the M25 is some kind of noteworthy achievement?
Bit of an easy target - it's perfectly capable of doing that on its own without needing any help and always has been, destined to be so even when it was just a glint in a traffic cone's eye.

That said it's still insane that so few people can mess up so much just by sitting in the wrong place.

NeverEnough

VIP Member
I bet that stadium will go to ruins after the World cup is over, just like all those newly built stadiums disintegrated in Brazil after the WC there and many of the Olympic games sites in China are also in shambles. I'm rather sure read that there already are problems in Qatar with the stadium, but can't remember where (something about the extreme heat plus sandstorms affecting the materials). I don't doubt one second the brown envelopes, why ever would there be a football game there? Frankly, I hope it turns out to be shite, to prove a point. That's obviously terrible for the people actually playing but maybe it'll solve this problem in the longer run.
Football sold it’s soul years ago. Surely I can’t be the only one who sees the irony of footballers running around in Pride armbands in front of their Middle Eastern paymasters? And making green initiative pledges whilst players and owners fly off in private jets. Don’t get me wrong I don’t resent their riches, if someone was to offer me £500k per week to kick a ball around I guarantee I will take it, just don’t take fans for utter fools. A cautionary tale for football lies in the Snooker boom of the 1980’s when even mildly successful players became household names. When it went pop it went pop big time.

When a club is sold to the Saudi’s, and the fans celebrate the prospect of players earning hundreds of thousands of pounds per week in a city most of them probably didn’t know even existed until last year, then it reaches a point where the only place left to go is Colombian Drug Lords or Vladimir Putin. And for what? A shiny metal object they will only be allowed to view (a copy of) from behind glass and rope.

Football is like Hollywood. It’s not a good and moral place and is in no position to lecture anyone. The ever woke Eddie Izzard with Kevin Spacey before the ….. unfortunate allegations/revelationo.

Lest we forget.

IngressUK

VIP Member
'Speed limits should be 10mph during our protests.'

How about you don't act like utter pratts and don't sit in the middle of a road in the first place!

Jaybob

Obviously, I'm reading again about more protests stopping traffic. Is it not possible for everyone in the giant queue that they've caused to just rev the shit out of their engines until these people choke and fuck off?

• Haha