Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
Now that insulation rebellion have had a super wide injunction thrown at them, animal rebellion have taken up the mantle and climbed up the outside of the DEFRA hq in protest against the climate effects of meat and dairy etc.

E2a my mistake, it's against government subsidies to meat and dairy industries, looks suspiciously like the climate bit was tacked on the end.

( initially I just saw a short report, no glue mentioned though.)

On the plus side, no traffic being stopped.

Last edited:
They’re helping to ensure we have tougher laws in the future about protesting that’s for sure and we’re sleep walking into a dystopian novel:

“It would allow police to "stop any person or vehicle and make any search the constable thinks fit whether or not the constable has any grounds for suspecting that the person or vehicle is carrying a prohibited object", with a 'prohibited object' defined as those which could be used for 'locking on' and other forms of protest.”
Tbf this is a horrific tory government decision that’s a massive encroachment upon our civil liberties that we should all be super disturbed by (whether or not we paint buildings orange in our spare time) but you’re right, it’ll gain support from MPs and their constituents because of these protests. But what’s the alternative? Let the world burn? These ppl are on the right side of history.

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
Sorry I should of googled I though you knew. It was embankment, one report said hq which it isn’t
No problem, I'm just glad to reap the rewards of being utterly noncommittal unless absolutely necessary - all the benefits of not being wrong, without the annoyance and effort of having to be right.

A senior police officer murdered his wife a few streets away from me and tried to make it look like an accident. I got the impression from what was reported that he thought his status in the force would keep him out of jail. Luckily the courts saw it differently. I felt really bad for the adult kids.